SammieK

Hi everyone im starting today im on 2 shakes a day and 1 snack bar. Anyway in 2010 I did this diet for a week but have up when lost motivation as usual :-( this time I'm feeling positive and I know I need to stick to this as I'm going to Ghana in July to get married and also the fact my daughter is nearly 3. Is it 4 pint glasses of water I have a day? I'm currently 18'13 is it possible to lose 7stone by July or even 5 many thanks everyone xx

Hello,
im also starting today. 3packs a day and CDC also told me to have an evening meal (step 2) but im sticking to packs only until i get into ketosis.
I cant comment on what weight loss is possible as im wondering the same.

wow a wedding in ghana how lovely ! good luck over the weekend.

oh and yes 4 pint glasses spread out across the day. xx

Average weight loss is around a stone a month on SS or SS+ and about 12 pounds a month on 810. It slows down a bit as you get nearer goal though, simply because there's less of you to feed and the calorie deficit isn't as great (and once you get to a BMI of 25 you'll need to go up to a higher plan as you need a greater protein intake to avoid losing lean muscle mass).

So Sammie, if you can stick to it, you should be able to lose around 5-6 stones by July. :)

Thanks Hun good luck to you as well, yeh so I have 7 months to really do this :) how much are you wanting to lose? I feel hungry already but im doing okay xx

Thanks from me too Lily, I have been wondering that too! I want to lose about 10st but I haven't set a real limit to this. I just wish I'll be lot smaller by July because that's when I see my boyfriend the next time ^^

Hi Sammie :)
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Is your husband-to-be from Ghana or did you just fancy an exotic location? I got married in Kenya in July 1995 - can't believe it was so long ago! My husband was born in Kenya to a Ugandan father and a Scottish mother and moved to UK when be was little.
I'm also trying to shift as much weight as possible by July this year as my family and another family are going on holiday together for the first time and I don't want to be the only big one :(
Good luck Sammie - look forward to seeing wedding photos :) x

Hi everyone im starting today im on 2 shakes a day and 1 snack bar. Anyway in 2010 I did this diet for a week but have up when lost motivation as usual :-( this time I'm feeling positive and I know I need to stick to this as I'm going to Ghana in July to get married and also the fact my daughter is nearly 3. Is it 4 pint glasses of water I have a day? I'm currently 18'13 is it possible to lose 7stone by July or even 5 many thanks everyone xx

Heya Huni,
I'm 19 stone 1 lb so we have pretty much that same amout to lose!! I'm guessing by the fact your on SS that your taller then me though x

Good Luck xx

P.S. I thought you wasn't allowed bars untill established Ketosis? After 2 weeks...

Hey yes hubby is from Ghana so that's why getting married there so excited :) ... Yes I thought that too but she told me bars are okay so I really don't know cos maybe il never get into ketosis then xx

Oh, you'll get into ketosis having the bars. It's just that some folks find that bars give them the munchies, so it can be harder to stay on the wagon long enough to get into ketosis. :) Hence, it's recommended you don't have them until ketosis is established.

The crunchy bars have around the same number of carbs in as the shakes and soups anyway (that's the peanut, cranberry and mint bars) so if you want bars from Day 1, they're your best choice.

The chewy bars (chocolate, chocolate orange, malt toffee and caramel) appear to have a higher number of carbs. But the additional carbs in those bars are mainly due to stuff called malitol. Malitol is actually fibre, not carbohydrate, but it's always classified as carbohydrate which is why the chewy bars are marked as being higher in carbs. But even that's not the full picture, because some sensitive souls react to malitol as if it is carbohydrate and find that if they have a lot of it, they'll come out of ketosis.

Malitol, if eaten in excess, acts like a laxative - but then it would, cos it's fibre. :) That's why only one bar a day is recommended.

Oh, you'll get into ketosis having the bars. It's just that some folks find that bars give them the munchies, so it can be harder to stay on the wagon long enough to get into ketosis. :) Hence, it's recommended you don't have them until ketosis is established.

The crunchy bars have around the same number of carbs in as the shakes and soups anyway (that's the peanut, cranberry and mint bars) so if you want bars from Day 1, they're your best choice.

The chewy bars (chocolate, chocolate orange, malt toffee and caramel) appear to have a higher number of carbs. But the additional carbs in those bars are mainly due to stuff called malitol. Malitol is actually fibre, not carbohydrate, but it's always classified as carbohydrate which is why the chewy bars are marked as being higher in carbs. But even that's not the full picture, because some sensitive souls react to malitol as if it is carbohydrate and find that if they have a lot of it, they'll come out of ketosis.

Malitol, if eaten in excess, acts like a laxative - but then it would, cos it's fibre. :) That's why only one bar a day is recommended.

Thank you for that =) xx

Back