Newbie!

I have found a positive element to the shakes. Because they are so thick and full they are great split in to 2, I'm having half at the moment then I'll have the other half at 6pm and another when I get home around half 8 9ish :D i never liked splitting the CD ones cos they were quite watery. X

I don't mean to be negative but the shakes are certainly taking some getting used to! I don't think they're as nice as Cambridge, they are a lot thicker though. I think I'll try the porridge next time i order.

I just had my first shake and I know what you mean. I chose banana, if only because it is my least favourate flavor of shake and wanted to see if I could handle it. It wasn't that bad, though the banana flavor was very subtle. From what I have read though, it seems alot of people like the banana one so here is hoping I like the other flavors I have.
Working nights while getting into exante will be tough. My colleagues eat so much rubbish on a night shift lol, it will be hard to say no but I will persevere.

I have found a positive element to the shakes. Because they are so thick and full they are great split in to 2, I'm having half at the moment then I'll have the other half at 6pm and another when I get home around half 8 9ish :D i never liked splitting the CD ones cos they were quite watery. X

Hi there - if you loved the choc mint you could try adding some mint essence or other flavours to the Exante ones.

Hi

I felt the same the shakes are nowhere near as nice as CD. I don't like milk and these have a very strong creamy milky taste. Oh and the chocolate made me heave just whisking it, I tried it but couldn't stomach it!! So lots of chocolate left in my box!! I think I will try the porridge next but I did read on here that ready brek is lower in carbs and calories and if you read the box it's packed with vitamins, I guess you would just have to make it with skimmed milk but may be worth a try obviously it would be a tiny bowl!

Keep persevering it is harder than CD for me just because I am not keen on the shakes or bars! But you can use this forum 24/7 and it's half the price although what I am going to do with those vile chocolate shakes I don't know!! :(

I have broke a couple of times with the odd bit of chicken and today was a piece of cheese! But onwards and inwards.....we don't wanna be going outwards lol

:)
I read that on here too so checked out the ready brek box . A 40g portion (less than an Exante pack) has 23g of carbs and that's before you add any milk which would add about 8g. So best to stick with these and know I'm getting all my nutrients I think. I didn't mind the CD one too much but much prefer the Exante but it's a very subjective area - why not just get 1 or 2 on your next order?
As for the choc shakes you could try adding some flavours to them - I sometimes add the flavoured liquid stevia sweetener just a few drops). I used to get it from a US ebay site but think you can get it in the UK now. I get the Now Foods one which comes in lots of flavours. I like it in soda water on a night out too.

Good luck to everyone :)
I am also new to Exante. Lost 3 1/2 st on CD a couple of years ago, kept it off with low carb and went back in Feb to lose another 3st :D On my 3rd week WI I'd lost 15lb and switched over to Exante this week. None of these diets are ever gonna be a gourmet experience but so far have been happy enough with everything I've tried and the results are so brilliant it makes it worth it :)

Hi All - I love reading your stories, it is so encouraging and makes me think that i can actually do this! I am a newbie - I have never done a VCLD. It's scary but exciting. Just need to stay focused and reading your posts is so helpful to me... So thank you!

Hi there - if you loved the choc mint you could try adding some mint essence or other flavours to the Exante ones.

I had thought about doing that as I've got loads of flavourings in my cupboard cos I bake occasionally. The mint flavouring I have is mostly vegetable oil based tho I'm sure a drop or 2 wouldn't do too much damage.

A couple of drops of oil in the amount of flavouring you need won't do any damage - just the sugar / carbs that get hidden in such things (be especially careful with vanilla extracts) that could take you out of ketosis :S

I tried it last night, it still didn't taste too nice! I've put all the choc shakes to the bottom of the box now.

Last edited:
Hi all I'm really inspired by reading all your posts I'm new to vlcd I'm hoping to receive delivery of my exante packs tomorrow I'm just trying to get to grips with the site and posting don't really know if I'm doing it correctly?

Hj27 said:
Hi all I'm really inspired by reading all your posts I'm new to vlcd I'm hoping to receive delivery of my exante packs tomorrow I'm just trying to get to grips with the site and posting don't really know if I'm doing it correctly?
Welcome Hj27

I wish you every success :) I've found this board to be my life line over the past 8 days!
best of luck. X

It's not great when you end up with stuff you don't like left over :( I think I'll stick to ordering exactly what I want. I rather like the chocolate with coffee in but wouldn't really drink it on it's own so glad I went for mostly vanilla. Maybe you could sell them on ebay if you have loads?

I've spoken to my friend who recommended exante and she only has the chocolate shakes so she's gonna take them off my hands for a small fee.

I'd rather foolishly bought the bumper pack of shakes without trying any samples first.
I've bought some slim and save samples, just waiting on delivery of those and I may switch if I prefer those.

Well its good they won't go to waste, and you'll know what to order next time :)

Can't believe I'm on week 4 already! It's flown by! 16Lbs down too, look out 13s I'm coming to get you! :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using MiniMins

You're doing fab Gemma, 13st by June is looking on!
Did you try the slim and save samples yet? I ordered the 1 of everything sample pack and some of the stuff is pretty nice. I particularly like the Chocolate Truffle bars but don't know if I could have them around as they'd be very tempting ... The meals are a good standby for when I fancy something savoury, probably wouldn't touch them when not dieting but at the moment they're like a feast! Just had a hot caramel shake and that was yummy so I may order up some of their stuff so I can have a bit more variety.
Keep up the good work x

Yeah I got the samples, so far I've tried the lemon yoghurt bar & truffa bar both very nice if not a bit small so I have the tesco ultraslim bars and the fruit n nut biggest loser bars they're gorg!
Wasn't keen on the porridge or the crispy choc shake but i think i put too much water in it. I've loved all the meals so far, so much so i bought 21 sachets last week. I got 1 chicken soup sample but haven't got round to trying it yet.
Having meals and bars has made it a lot easier for me, i just had shakes all the way through Cambridge so it's nice to mix things up a bit. X

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using MiniMins

Back