Lisajw200

Hi I'm a newbie and waiting for my slim and save packs to arrive on tuesday. Starting Wednesday. Just wanted to say Hi and can't wait to start. Am I in the wrong part? Sorry ?

Last edited:
Welcome! There is a sticky thread with frquently asked questions which you might want to take a look at. Feel free to ask questions!

Hi flumpet hope you enjoy it as much as we do xx

Hi flumpet, welcome!

Oh thank you all :) I've ordered a months worth. So it better be good haha. Thankyou so much. I did CD last year and Lost 2 st. But got bored with it. This looks much more tastier and a lot more variety. I'm giving up smoking too as I have a lung age off 66!!!! I'm only 44 and have been told I need to lose weight too. I currently weigh 17.5st So I will see how I go. I know it will be hard to do both together but I need to do this and quick before I have a heart attack. I have my docs permission. Thankyou do much for reading this. I need super strong willpower but if I can't do both together then I will carry on with stopping smoking and come back to S&S laterz.

I started at more or less the same weight as you flumpet and I'm 5 stone down now (as of today actually!). Someone on here gave up smoking at the same time as doing S&S and managed it quite well. I think she found that the discipline of the diet meant that she wasn't compensating for not smoking by reaching for food as a substitute.

good luck , I gave up smoking 2 years ago , losing weight was mission number 2
I know how hard both are and admire you for tackling both togther

If i could give you one tip , the thing that was my life saver was the inhalator , I would puff on that instead of a cigarette and ok its not the same but it gives you a hit that is just about taking the edge off
I had reduced my smoking to 2 a day by that point so for me it was a gradual process cutting out one cigarette at a time until all i was having was my first and last one of the day

the inhalator seems expensive but i never needed to buy refills , the ones it came with were enough but it depends how much nicotine your body is used to

Stop smoking with NICORETTE® Inhalator | Nicorette

Hi Phoenix. Yes I have patches and inhalator so I will give it a shot but I'm not building my hopes up as I know TFRs are very hard. Last year I was smoking and went from 19st to what I am now. Yeah it will probs be weight second but when I was told from the nurse that I need to do something and quick then I thought of TFR. I don't want to fall off my perch just yet haha. I will give it a go for a week or so and see how I go Phoenix Thankyou for that advice. :) x

sounds like a plan , and you have the best incentive , your health
I didnt want to go into my 40s a smoker , I managed to quit just in time and its just the best feeling ever
so go for it , its really worth it
good luck

Yay thanks Phoenix. Good luck to you too :) I'm ready for this i will have my off days of course. But it's great support thanks once again :)

BordersGirl said:
I started at more or less the same weight as you flumpet and I'm 5 stone down now (as of today actually!). Someone on here gave up smoking at the same time as doing S&S and managed it quite well. I think she found that the discipline of the diet meant that she wasn't compensating for not smoking by reaching for food as a substitute.

Well done bordergirl!! That's amazing.:)

BordersGirl said:

Hi Bordergirl well done you that's amazing. So someone else stopped smoking and did S&S awell? Um sounds promising. I see how I go thanks.

Hi Bordergirl well done you :) yes I will give it a go. I won't know until
I try. Still got cravings today. So I'll wait until Wednesday. Thanks :)

Hi flumpet i gave up smoking aswell and although it was hard it was definately worth it. I admire you for tackling both together. Think it might help having the disapline of the packs. If i was you id aim to give the diet a couple of weeks as it could take that to really get into it. It was day 5 before i realised i wasnt really feeling hungry and by the end of week 2 i'm really used to it now. Def read thru the stickies as there are loads of good ideas. Weasey also has a tread for food recipes which is great & a thread called protein options which has some good ideas too (if your doing 3pks)

Theres a panic button on here if you feel your struggling and hopefully youll get support you need. Good luck xx

Mhara said:
Hi Flumpet, I gave up smoking a couple of weeks ago and am starting sns this week. It won't be falling off a log, but there's every reason and motivation for success at both to be possible for you I'm sure (& me too hopefully!). Best of luck.

Thanks Mhara. Yeah let's do this. Nice to know I'm not the only one. Good luck to you and me :)

no1mom23 said:
Hi flumpet i gave up smoking aswell and although it was hard it was definately worth it. I admire you for tackling both together. Think it might help having the disapline of the packs. If i was you id aim to give the diet a couple of weeks as it could take that to really get into it. It was day 5 before i realised i wasnt really feeling hungry and by the end of week 2 i'm really used to it now. Def read thru the stickies as there are loads of good ideas. Weasey also has a tread for food recipes which is great & a thread called protein options which has some good ideas too (if your doing 3pks)

Theres a panic button on here if you feel your struggling and hopefully youll get support you need. Good luck xx

Thanks no 1 mom. I'm looking forward to this now, as the support on here is great. Thankyou :)

Back