Sue Whittle said:
Is a 'post'. Doing one of these quotes thatnim in now. New to this site and all fuddled with itbyet

Yes its a post. How you finding s&s?

Wagglestaff said:
Soon as you hit ketosis ladies you will feel better & you won't feel hungry anymore. I am day 16 & feel fab and satisfied with what I have to eat. You will get there - promise xo

In on day 15 and am still really hungry most of the time. And I've been 100% everyday but 1, and on that day I had an extra boiled egg as the hunger was becoming unbearable. I drink 3 to 4 litres of water a day.

Does everyone go into ketosis on a VLCD or could I just be unlucky and never get there??

Kiika said:
In on day 15 and am still really hungry most of the time. And I've been 100% everyday but 1, and on that day I had an extra boiled egg as the hunger was becoming unbearable. I drink 3 to 4 litres of water a day.

Does everyone go into ketosis on a VLCD or could I just be unlucky and never get there??

Kiika - you may not be in ketosis. If not you may be extra sensitive to carbs. Try to keep your carbs below 50g a day for a week. If this works for you then you'll need to stay below 50g in order to be in ketosis. Also, I've heard that there are some rare individuals who do still feel hungry when in ketosis.

weasey said:
Kiika - you may not be in ketosis. If not you may be extra sensitive to carbs. Try to keep your carbs below 50g a day for a week. If this works for you then you'll need to stay below 50g in order to be in ketosis. Also, I've heard that there are some rare individuals who do still feel hungry when in ketosis.

Aww poo :(

Thanks for the advice! I'll use MFP to keep an eye on my carbs. Maybe I'll start having 3 packs and a protein meal to see if that helps bring my carbs down. I'm losing weight, I can tell my my clothes falling off! But I suppose you don't need to be in ketosis for that to happen as we are on such low calories?

That's true - you would still lose weight even if not in ketosis - but it would be tough with the hunger...

Kiika said:

Im on it 3 weeks tomorrow and have used the keto sticks which say im not in/bearly in ketosis. I also get bouts of hunger (especially in the evening : ( )

weasey said:
That's true - you would still lose weight even if not in ketosis - but it would be tough with the hunger...

Don't I know it! Lol!! I feel like I have a water bottle permanently attached to my face these days to drown the hunger!

Kiika said:
Don't I know it! Lol!! I feel like I have a water bottle permanently attached to my face these days to drown the hunger!

I have 3lts drank b4 4pm! Lol

Wagglestaff said:
Maybe try 3 packs + 100g protein & leave out the veggies. This may help you get into ketosis and once you are staying 'in the pink' then you could experiment with diff products? The bars are higher carbs (which is why only 1 a day) so perhaps cut them out for a couple of weeks too? If you don't have any ketostix the first sign I usually notice is the disgusting taste in the mouth followed by bad breath & then the hunger dies off.

xo

Yeah I'll give it a go. I don't really eat the bars often as I find them a bit small. I feel like I'm in ketosis tho (I don't have stix) as I notice a weird sweetish taste in my mouth and I have more energy and no headaches, but I'm just hungry. I think I may just be one of the unlucky ones :(

Back