newbie :)

Hi
I have decided to start this diet by following the books from home as I lost my job a few weeks ago. This has meant I have gained 6lb in the last 3 weeks by pigging out on takeaways and all the 'bad' things.
I have dont this diet before I lost 2stone and then gained it all back when I met and got comfortable with my boyfriend!!
I go away to Spain 12 weeks today and I want to feel good about myself, even if I lose 1lb a week until then the fact I have lost would make me feel slightly better. However, I do want to lose about 3stone in the next 12 weeks. That's 3.5lb a week so it is possible because I am going to do a lot more exercise.
So today is the first day of the rest of my new happier, slimmer life!!
On the 5th December I will be 21 and I am off to Paris with my boyfriend. I want to start my adult life in the best possible way and the only thing that makes me feel sad is my body and therefore before I get to be 21 I want to be what is in my eyes the best I can be.
I am feeling confident in following this and motivated because I know if I want to achieve my goal I have to do the hard work.
On the 2nd September 2012 I am running a 10k run in Sheffield to raise money for charity. I cant run for 5 minutes yet before my body gives in but I can do 20 minutes alternating between jogging and walking.
So hopefully my training plan along with the wonderful slimming world plan should mean I get to see results very soon and I feel good about myself.
Wish me luck everyone!!

hi it is indeed possible to lose a stone a month i did a few months ago but please dont set youre targets to high it will end in disaster if you have anything less than a 3pound loss you will not be happy ...set it to a stone which is definitely achievable and go from there

hi it is indeed possible to lose a stone a month i did a few months ago but please dont set youre targets to high it will end in disaster if you have anything less than a 3pound loss you will not be happy ...set it to a stone which is definitely achievable and go from there
i meen years ago lol

Hello fellow sheffielder:)

Congrats on starting again. I too have about 3 stone to lose, and am not working at the moment - i've actually found this helpful as it gives me time to plan my meals and eat better at home. I am a lot older than you though and really admire you for sorting your weight out now.

With a positive attitude I'm sure you will make it and a stone and a bit in 12 weeks is perfectly achievable. But i agree with mikey - don't set yourself too higher targets as if you don't reach them, you may go sod it and fall off the wagon - I've done this before and so lived to regret it as I am now heavier than I ever have been. This time round I am losing around 1.5 - 2 lbs a week which is slower than before but I am having up to ten to fifteen syns a day, plus the odd meal out and so feel far less deprived.

Thankyou all :)
I think I will set a goal of 2lb a week because this is reasonable then.
I am going to stick to 15 syns a day because when I feel deprived I always cave in, binge and then give up.
Boobalicious - I really want to sort my weight now because I hope to move out with my boyfriend next year and then we can settle down and start thinking about getting married and having children in the next few years so I want to be in the best shape I can be for when I get the opportunity to have children and get married. At 20years old I shouldnt feel unconfident to wear nice dresses, get my legs out, wear shorts etc. At my age I should feel amazing to wear clothes like that and that is my goal for my 21st birthday.
So my goal is 2lb a week :) anymore would be a brilliant achievement and any less would be okay because any loss is a loss and is better than a gain.

i think you shoud scrap the weekly target...aim for 8pound in 4-5 weeks i think you will smash it if youre head is in the right place...but measure youre inches i have in 2 weeks (4 days of which were kfcs and chippies) lost a tshirt size which is better than anyweight loss

i say that because in the past ive had small follwed by small fiollowed by big its so unpredictable

You go girl, that sounds like a really sensible positive plan, am sure you will do it, keep focused and remind yourself of why you want to do it.:clap:

Let us know how you get on - this is the first time I have used this forum and I have found the support invaluable particularly as I am doing it from home, it's a great place to post questions etc.

Ps I settled down and moved in with my OH 12 years ago - I gained 3 stones and he has stayed the same at 9 stone 2 lb the ****er!!! He also did the 10k sheffield run for charity though and really enjoyed it - people tend to line the streets and cheer people on.

I think instead of goals maybe just trying my best and been happy with what happens would be best.

I am so excited for the Sheffield 10k. I live in Leeds but Sheffield is the only race I could find for September that I want to do.
I am raising money for a charity I volunteer with taking disabled children away at easter to Lourdes. So I cant let the charity down by not managing to do the race so I've got to start training my hardest.

As long as I reach 9stone by the 5th December then I will be happy and can move on from been haunted by my fat demons forever.

yeah it doesnt have to be weight secific goals though just maybe set a goal to drink a glass water before your meal or do 10 pressups could be anything write it down tick it off and build on it
achieving goals makes you happy which is what you want

mikey.c123 said:
yeah it doesnt have to be weight secific goals though just maybe set a goal to drink a glass water before your meal or do 10 pressups could be anything write it down tick it off and build on it
achieving goals makes you happy which is what you want

Good idea my goal is too stick to plan 100% as that's something I can control unlike my losses :)

mikey.c123 said:
yeah mate so how did your first day or 3 or we go

Managed to stick 100% for the first 4 weeks and last week I was over by 15syns so not awful and hopefully another 100% one this week :)

Managed to stick 100% for the first 4 weeks and last week I was over by 15syns so not awful and hopefully another 100% one this week :)
you been quite sucessful then im doing alot better than previous attemts i think being brutally honest with myself is the only way forward

mikey.c123 said:
you been quite sucessful then im doing alot better than previous attemts i think being brutally honest with myself is the only way forward

Indeed no use lying to yourself. I've had a slightly naughty night today but still confident I can rein the Syns back before the end of the week :) hope your week goes well too ;)

I think instead of goals maybe just trying my best and been happy with what happens would be best.

I am so excited for the Sheffield 10k. I live in Leeds but Sheffield is the only race I could find for September that I want to do.
I am raising money for a charity I volunteer with taking disabled children away at easter to Lourdes. So I cant let the charity down by not managing to do the race so I've got to start training my hardest.

Thats a lovely thing to do
How you getting on after your first few days ?

Back