NEWBIE!

Hello everyone, I have recently found out about this diet and keep expecting to read that it can't possibly be true and it's all a joke but nothing so far! Does this really work? What kind of success have people had? Really excited to get started :)

Welcome you will love it read around the diaries and wi thread to see success stories .

I don't have much to lose but have managed to lose more than 4 pounds eating things like choc and cheese and coleslaw

The first down days are hard but stick with it and they become easier much easier,

Teresa

Sounds amazing... That was my next question, can you literally eat anything on up days, even chocolate or wine?? Sound like heaven as I've been doing meal replacement so to be able to eat would be so so amazing :)

Some people do eat anything and everything, others follow a plan, but more loosely than usual. You do have a calorie allowance to aim for. Results are supposed to be similar whether you use those calories on high or low fat food, so no need to eat the usual 'diet' junk. Not sure if high or low sugar has been investigated.
There is a temptation to binge a bit on the first few up days, although some people find they really don't feel like eating loads. And it seems to balance out!
as Teresa said, the first few downs are hard, but they quickly get easier. The diaries of the of the folks who have been doing this a while are amazing, and are the best explanation and recommendation!
hope it works for you

Great thanks for the info! Having a read it seems people do ups and downs back to back, is that ok to do? I thought it was all to do with alternate days, think I'm being thick! :)

I can't remember exactly what the juddd book says on this...someone else can probably tell you though. There are lots of versions of intermittent fasting, some are alternate days, there is 5:2, or some do 3 or 4 days a week. You really have to play with it and see what works best for you, and fits in with your life. It is a great diet for that...very flexible!

The Juddd book recommends strict alternate days for the first 2 weeks (not that everyone on here has done that ) but for me it really helped me get the DD sorted I think if i had the weekend as 2 ups before i was really comfortabel with the DD I would never have continued.

I see a lot of people doing DD but this is not mentioned in the book to my knowledge and my worry with it is you cud then go into starvation mode or binge mode as too much deprivation.

T

Have you seen the Horizon documentary about fasting? If you haven't then you should, its called Eat, Fast and Live Longer and you can watch it on you tube.

I'm following a gentler version of Juddd, the 5:2 way, and I find thats good for me. Anymore dd's would send me into a burger munching maniac I fear!

Back