Step 1 Sole Source Newbie :)

ludogx

Hi all

Im on day 2 of sole source, struggled a bit yesterday but managed a full day, hoe has everyone else got in?

Does anyone still go to the gym or fitness classes while in sole source as i am a very active person n not sure how this diet will affect my exercise??

Laura xx

Hi

I started CD today and went to the gym - I think it will help keep my appetite under control and CD didn't think it would harm - her words were it could double your weight loss!!!

Hey bex :)

Im glad some1 else is going to gym as i know a lot of people find it difficult to or have been advised not to for medical reasons on sole source.

How have you found day 1? Are you doing sole source?
X

hi bex :) im great, iv managed to stick to SS 100% for the last 2 days, havent felt too bad yet tbh... still a lot more days to go though. how did you get on yesterday with day 1? i think im goin to struggle tonight as i work in a pub on a friday night and am surrounded by FOOD, and we get a free meal on our break lol im going to have to run away and hide with my shake and probably sulk about it tonight lol

thats funny you should mention a boot camp, im starting an outdoor one at the end of this month, terrified to what they will have us doing lol
L x

hi bex :) im great, iv managed to stick to SS 100% for the last 2 days, havent felt too bad yet tbh... still a lot more days to go though. how did you get on yesterday with day 1? i think im goin to struggle tonight as i work in a pub on a friday night and am surrounded by FOOD, and we get a free meal on our break lol im going to have to run away and hide with my shake and probably sulk about it tonight lol

thats funny you should mention a boot camp, im starting an outdoor one at the end of this month, terrified to what they will have us doing lol
L x

Morning :) well done on getting the first few days over but PLEASE keep strong tonight.
I work on trains and we serve chef prepared hot food in 1st class and I did feel tempted a few evenings ago but I didn't give in and the next day when I jumped on the scales I was so pleased I hadn't.
I'm now fully in Ketosis and the craving for food has fully gone, just a day or two more and you will be in Ketosis which makes it soooooooooooooooo much easier so please keep strong as you could set your self back to square one.

Exercise is ok in moderation on SS but I'm not sure a boot camp would be advisable as they recommend only light exercise and in my experience to much exercise on SS can infect slow losses. sorry to sound doom and gloom but its such a low intake we have to be very careful. Check with your CDC though as with you being already a very active person you may be ok. It's one of those those things because we are all different it's hard to say what's right and wrong on the exercise front.

Your doing fab so keep strong and have a fab weekend :)

hey so glad its not just me who works around food, the food in my work is amazing - its a wetherspoons so its all burgers n pasta n chips n cake, think im just going to ask to be on the bar tonight so im nowhere near it haha

i did speak to my CDC about exercise and she said the main thing i have to do is listen to my body, and i spoke to my PT and she said the same, so just going to take exercise easy and maybe just reduce the amount i do. managed metafit class weds and last night and felt no light headedness of dizziness :)
cant wait to properly be in ketosis and have these hunger pangs finally stop. must get so much easier once thats gone!!!

hey so glad its not just me who works around food, the food in my work is amazing - its a wetherspoons so its all burgers n pasta n chips n cake, think im just going to ask to be on the bar tonight so im nowhere near it haha

i did speak to my CDC about exercise and she said the main thing i have to do is listen to my body, and i spoke to my PT and she said the same, so just going to take exercise easy and maybe just reduce the amount i do. managed metafit class weds and last night and felt no light headedness of dizziness :)
cant wait to properly be in ketosis and have these hunger pangs finally stop. must get so much easier once thats gone!!!

Oooooh you have me thinking of the cheesy garlic bread, onion rings and the steak n ale pie :) however all I'm thinking is how full and bloated I feel after and how much fat is in them clogging up my heart.
Not a nice thought but the best way to try and put yourself off ? It works for me ( at times )

I suspect your job is harder than mine as once our food service is over its done but you will serve food constantly ? Not easy but keep strong, YOU know you can do it and its the buzz of being able not to pick / nibble that's such a good feeling.

Well done on the class and like you say so long as you didn't feel any dizziness etc then it's all good :)

Keep up the good work and good luck for tonight x

i have 2 jobs, the 1st is office work so its easy to stick to cambridge and get into a routine and all my team are really supportive, and then i pick up a wee shift or 2 in the pub, but yup, surrounded by food all night. and i think thats a lot to blame on my weight gain as on my breaks id be gettin gourmet burgers and chips and obviously wouldnt even look at the "healthy options" haha As long as the pub is busy tonight it shouldnt be too hard i hope, its when the pub is quiet im like -- arrghhh i want to eat!!!
and there will be no trips to the 24 hour mcdonalds thats right next to the pub either, tried so hard the last 2 days to get back to being 100% to throw it away for 5mins of food to regret it and then feel miserable after it.
need to keep thinkin bikini body in 20 weeks

Hi Ludogx

Keep motivated I know it's hard but having done the diet before - I found that after Day 3 you start to feel like you have more energy and clothes feel looser!
I'm onto Day 2 - did hour at the gym - cross trainer for 20 mins was a killer but managed 500 calories from machines!!
Later walked the dog and I feel tired this afternoon. Bit of a headache but I'm sure it will pass!
How r u feeling?

Am on my break at work n ended up having scranning less than a plain grilled chicken breast. was being so good until kitchen said it was goin in the bin n i could eat it haha grrrrr i know it wont throw me off track or do much damage that but soon as i done it i was like ahhh foook!!!
Hope your doing better than me xx

I know i suppose it could have been worse. I coulda had my usual chicken gourmet burger and garlic bread lol x

It does get much much easier so stuck with it and the results will soon keep you in track x x x

im not too bad today, thats day 6 for me so im well into ketosis now :) have a christening on sunday though which i can avoid and the meal has already been pre-ordered so im just going to have to be careful and not go nuts with eating lol
x

im not too bad today, thats day 6 for me so im well into ketosis now :) have a christening on sunday though which i can avoid and the meal has already been pre-ordered so im just going to have to be careful and not go nuts with eating lol
x

Day 6 is great, like you say you will now be well into Ketosis and I'm sure you will make good choices at the christening on Sunday x

aw i know, al be taking my car anyway so will be no alcohol but am dreading the food, fingers crossed theres some chicken and salad :)

having demon cravings for Two for tuesdays for dominos today.... nooooooooooooo

Hello ladies... I'm a newbie too :wave_cry:

1st day for me today and I was ok until about 20 min ago... started getting hungry! So I'm making my way through a bottle of water and so far today have managed just over a litre of water and 2 shakes... I'm off to have a soak in the bath to take my mind off it. Its going to be a long week!

Good luck for the christening xx

Back