Step 1 Sole Source + Newbie

Hi All. I am on day 11 on CDSS+ and struggling a bit and feeling a bit down today so thought I would post on here for some inspiration and motivation. Have stuck to it not cheated once - lost 7.5 llbs in my first week was mega happy and in the last 3 days only lost another 1llb. I know its not my weigh in day for another 4 days - maybe its my own fault for getting on the scales mid week just feeling a bit disheartened - I have 8 weeks and I need to loose at least another 21lbs!

Is it possible that you're retaining water as a result of your menstrual cycle? Failing that, if might just be the mid-week weight. There are so many fluctuations over the course of the day, let alone the week, that you're better off sticking to the once-weekly weigh in if you can. It'll help prevent low spirits. In 4 days you could drop an awful lot of water and fat and get yourself to the 3 lb loss average. Don't lose heart. :hug99:

Last edited:
Nope that was last week - Im hoping that it is what you said and Im not going try to not weigh myself mid week anymore. I keep reading the posts on her and looking at the pictures of before and after - so many people have done so well that its given me a morale boost :)

Oh I know! The photo albums in particular are amazing, especially the ones of people who've lost stacks of weight (even if you don't have that much to drop). The fact that someone can achieve much bigger lifestyle changes makes me feel like my changes are suddenly much more possible and that I'm being pathetic if I don't achieve them, because other people have managed to do that and more!

Hi WillBeASkinnyMinny! I love your username!!

If it helps on day 3 of this diet (last week) I'd gained 2lbs!!! I was livid & very nearly gave up the diet!

However when I went for my first weigh in I'd lost 8lbs!!

Lesson learnt for me, never weigh mid week!

I have been distracting myself. When I want to get on the scales & prove to myself how much I've lost I get out my weighted hula hoop & use that for 10-20 minutes. I figure it will help the scales next week!

Jay

Good for you, hungry! I'm rubbish at hula hooping - I can't even get one complete circle before it drops to the ground. Any tips?!

Indeed CountryBumpkin!!

I am totally useless at it usually but got my weighted hoop from Tesco for £13 and could pretty much do it straight away!

Could only manage a few spins on the first day but it was so much easier then a standard hoop. Last night managed a full hour without dropping it!!

I think it's easier when the hoop is big & heavy! Makes no sense at all but it's a damn site easier to keep up!

I'll have to look into it. I tried copying a bunch of YouTube tutorials but I looked like an idiot, just as I did when I tried to copy the moves in Dirty Dancing by myself.

Ah good luck to you all:)

come on everyone lets think positive.... I'm so sure I'm only going to have lost 2lbs or something and I that's the case I will be gutted and prob won't continue if that's the case!!

I normally go gym 3x a week but an ankle injury has put a stop to that til next week:(

keep you all posted on Wednesday evening on my weight and please do all update your statistics as its good to see where everyone is!!!
x

Hi All

Thanks for the support - and apologies for the radio silence.

Well weighed today lost 3lb which I guess is ok for the 2nd week but was hoping for 4 but if I can loose 3lb every week then i will near enough be at my target in 6-7 weeks which does sound doable.

I have noticed in the hot weather however even though Im drinking 3 litres of water a day Im not peeing anywhere near what I was - ive read you retain fluid in the heat is this right? if so Im hoping I may have actually lost that4lb lol!

if I can loose 3lb every week then i will near enough be at my target in 6-7 weeks which does sound doable.

I have noticed in the hot weather however even though Im drinking 3 litres of water a day Im not peeing anywhere near what I was - ive read you retain fluid in the heat is this right? if so Im hoping I may have actually lost that4lb lol!

6-7 weeks will fly by. Well done on your 3lb loss!

I don't know about the water retention. It's an interesting theory! I'll have to ask my consultant. She's also a nurse, so very knowledge about all things biological!

Back