Newbie!

Beachblue

After seeing so many great results on SW I've (finally) decided to give it a go! Do you have any tips for me to keep to it? I haven't started just yet but getting prepped and ready!

Sounds like you have it right already- plan, plan and plan! It's when I get caught unorganised that I go off plan. Cook extra portions of stuff and freeze for when it just isn't feasible to cook.

Welcome and good luck!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Welcome!! :welcome:

Planning is everything... I try to plan meals for the week, do the shopping list and then stick purely to that list in the supermarket (some do online shopping so they aren't tempted by random offers that are put in our way lol) Saves money if you know exactly what you want when you go in, plus I know what's going on for the week. Make sure you've got 1/3 of your meal that is speed foods (fruit or veg)

Stock up on free snacks - I usually have some fruit, or houmous and carrot/pepper/cucumber sticks, etc.

Use your syns! So many people avoid using them because they think it'll give them better losses... which it might in the first week or two, but after that it'll tail off. They are there to be used, so fel free to use them :) I usually use around 10 a day, and I can still enjoy a bottle of wine over the weekend too! ;) The trick is to use them and don't deprive yourself otherwise you can end up binging on anything and everything at some stage (I've done this many times!)

I'be only been doing this a couple of weeks but echo what the others have said. Plan ahead! Not only your meal plans but also for events (e.g. Eating before a party, carrying some fruit in your bag in case you get peckish). The app is also useful for out and about and at the supermarket.

Good luck and welcome!

Welcome to you all. I think one of the best ways of staying on track, as well as all the others mentioned above, is to make sure you eat a good variety of foods. I aim to try one new recipe a year. I don't always manage to do this but, since starting SW, I've definitely re-discovered my love of cooking.

Good luck to you all. :)

Kathy

Back