Hey!

Starting healthy eating as of monday as I have 6 stone to lose :'-(

I had a baby a year ago and ive piled on the weight! I tried slimming world which im a massive fan of and always lose loads of weight on it, however I don't have anyone to have my baby while I go to group and its impossible to keep a one year old on your knee and quiet for over an hour so I've just accepted the fact I can't go to group. I am going to still use slimming world as well as healthy eating so hopefully it will work.

I always try and lose weight and fail but I feel embarrassed at my size and disgusting for allowing myself to get so big. I need to be healthy and fit for myself and most importantly my baby. I'm really self conscious around my partner of 6 years and I've never felt like this before so I know I need to change as I feel like it's effecting my life now!

So here is to a new year and a new start!

Good luck everyone :) and looking forward to giving and receiving lots of support xx

Hi, can I call you CB? Feel a bit rude calling you by your profile name! ;)
I don't go to a group, lots of people on here don't" I find it just as easy to stick to plan doing it by myself and I'm not paying out week after week to sit there feeling awkward or being weighed by a 'helper' while the consultant chats with her friends and ignores everyone else.
The support on here is fantastic! So many friendly people all in the same boat. Good luck, keep posting and you'll get there!

I went to group but after 7 months realised that I was paying just under £5 for someone to weigh me and give me a pat on the back and a shiny sticker when I'd been good. Well I can upload a shiny sticker to this forum if I want and there's plenty of people here to congratulate your losses and commiserate your gains. As well as every recipe you'll ever need.
Plus I now keep a proper diary in the tood diaries section of what I eat and drink to track my syns and I'm doing better than ever before and finding great recipes and advice along the way.
Good luck

Hey!

Starting healthy eating as of monday as I have 6 stone to lose :'-(

I had a baby a year ago and ive piled on the weight! I tried slimming world which im a massive fan of and always lose loads of weight on it, however I don't have anyone to have my baby while I go to group and its impossible to keep a one year old on your knee and quiet for over an hour so I've just accepted the fact I can't go to group. I am going to still use slimming world as well as healthy eating so hopefully it will work.

I always try and lose weight and fail but I feel embarrassed at my size and disgusting for allowing myself to get so big. I need to be healthy and fit for myself and most importantly my baby. I'm really self conscious around my partner of 6 years and I've never felt like this before so I know I need to change as I feel like it's effecting my life now!

So here is to a new year and a new start!

Good luck everyone :) and looking forward to giving and receiving lots of support xx
Hi well done on taking the first steps to lose weight, I go to a group with a four year old an a one year old I think it's all about finding the right group, some groups are busy others small I go as I know I would never stick to it alone at home. I know what you mean about feeling uncomfortable around your partner I know he loves me no matter what but it still dose not help us feel comfortable. Good luck an hope you get where you want to be.

Back