Suziewooz

Hi Guys,

I'm a mewbie to Lipotrim having just started today. I've tried Lighterlife in the past which is similar and I did well on that. I'm just wondering if anyone can share tips for success?.

Welcome, Suzie - I am sure there will be a Lipotrimmer along in a while. I forget who is doing LT, Exante or LL. Take a look at old diaries for any vlcd as there'll be lots of info there. @Bertie81 can advise.

You will pee a lot! If you feel weak, faint or fuzzy, drink some electrolytes. Be careful of sports electrolytes as most have sugar in them. You can make your own. search for posts by me with the word electrolyte in them for some recipes. If you are cold, make up yr sweet shakes with hot water - just don't shake them, use a whizzer as hot drink will go everywhere when you pop opne a hot shaker!

I did a vlcd 8 years ago and and lost over 8 stone. My best advice is stay as focused on staying at goal when you get there as you will on doing LT now.

I am going to set up a staying at goal weekly weigh in thread when I am at goal.

I recommend doing a daily diary and joining a weekly challenge - like the Team 50 Christmas one, and then share your results weekly.

How much do you plan to shed?

Hi @Suziewooz welcome to mini mims! I have been doing a daily dairy on here since I started on Exante a VLCD at the beginning of June this year. A lot of the time I am rambling nonsense but I have found it so invaluable to be able to have somewhere to report to everyday and you aren’t shouting into a void everyone on this forum is lovely and very supportive, non judgemental and welcoming.
I haven’t done lipotrim but Exante is 800 kcals a day with approx 3 litres of water so as @AliGal says you do wee an awful lot but you get used to it😂. I haven’t done any exercise the duration of this because the calories that you are on and if you burn too many would take you into a deficit which is probably far too low! I am active as I have two young kids who have endless energy but I haven’t done any gym sessions or swimming but plan to once I teach my goal and up my calories! I hope to be successful and have had good results so far so a things I have found useful for me are:
-Eat your calorie allowance don’t try to go lower it’s set at that for a reason.
-Take it one day at a time don’t think of weeks days or months ahead just take each day as it comes!
-I have found having an Oxo as my evening tipple(!) has helped me lots and can help if you have a headache the first few days!
-Be kind to yourself and let people who you love and are closest to this is the plan you have chosen and you want their support not (my experience this is) ‘course you will do it this time like the other time and the other time etc’ families and friends should build you up not pull you down 😀
-I have my first meal replacement at 1pm in the afternoon which helps to space my day out and not have my bar which is a meal replacement as my dessert (!) later on the evening. You will find what works for you we are all different!
It’s a lovely community and I have found it a big help on my journey.

Hi @AliGal and @Bertie81 thanks for the welcome. I'm currently at the end of day 2, I don't feel hungry at all but boy do I have a splitting headache although I knew to expect this. I believe Lipotrim is only around 400 cals a day and I'm definately feeling a bit woozy. I'm hoping it will pass after this first few days though. It sounds like you've both done great, I tried LL in the past and lost 3 stone in 8 weeks so I know it will help to shift some weight if I can stick to it, I can then think about what's next. In an ideal world I'd love to lose 7 stone but in reality I'd be happy with 4.5. Just can't believe I let it get so bad x

Splitting headache & feeling woozy: You can deal with that by drinking home made electrolytes. Make yourself some electrolytes. Beware of buying sports electrolytes as they are usually also packed with sugar.

That stock cube will help as it has salt - or just a pinch of salt by itself may help (as long as you don't have very high blood pressure).

Please also be aware a splitting headache could be a serious medical issue - so get it checked out if this doesn't sort it pronto.

I use this electrolyte recipe - and leave out the vinegar - as I usually have that in my salad dressing. https://www.ketofitnessclub.com/blogs/drinks/electrolyte-drink?_pos=1&_sid=0673dd6e4&_ss=r

Here's another one: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/electrolyte-elixir-drink

More on keto flu: https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/flu-side-effects

Brilliant thanks so much for that advice @AliGal I'll be sure to look at the links you've posted. Thankfully I feel much better today, the headache has gone although I still feel a bit lightheaded.

On day 4 now and had to pull my mind away from food a few times today. I'm hoping it will get easier as Ketosis kicks x

Brilliant thanks so much for that advice @AliGal I'll be sure to look at the links you've posted. Thankfully I feel much better today, the headache has gone although I still feel a bit lightheaded.

On day 4 now and had to pull my mind away from food a few times today. I'm hoping it will get easier as Ketosis kicks x
Glad you are feeling better you should hopefully start to hit your stride and feel better in the next few days. Take it steady (not sure if I sound like the Fonz there but hopefully you get what I mean)

hi there, I'm nearly 2 weeks into trying exante, although I'm a sloooow loser so you'll overtake me in no time.

My advice is just really try not to deviate, and also try to keep on top of your fluids.

hi there, I'm nearly 2 weeks into trying exante, although I'm a sloooow loser so you'll overtake me in no time.

My advice is just really try not to deviate, and also try to keep on top of your fluids.
I'm 7 days in now and starting to struggle a little. Strangley today is the first day I've felt physically hungry despite sticking to my shakes and drinking the correct amount of water. My tummy has been grumbling all day and I feel so dizzy and faint. I was actually worried that I wouldn't be able to drive this morning!!. 10lbs down so far x

10lb's is amazing well done!

I think we all have days where hunger sneaks up, hopefully it will feel better tomorrow.

Well done on the loss that’s brilliant! I definitely do get days when I feel hungry and think it’s part of VLCD’s I hope you are feeling better now and well done!

Back