cheekychops

On a mission!
Hi all!

I'm thinking about starting the Cambridge diet. I've never tried it before and I'm just wondering if I could cope on it!

I've heard the first couple of weeks are the hardest, but I don't know much else.

I've had a look at some of the pics on here and they are so inspiring!

Any advice welcome!

x

I am on my first week, I did do this diet the year before last and the results were great, lasted about 10weeks, then I had to have food, did the atkins plan after that as it complements this diet. Back on it as I have still got loads to lose and want to do it faster than any other diets.

If you are in the right mindset, this diet is good. You don't even have to do the sole source straight away if you feel you can not give up food straight away, there is a post on how to do it gradually.

I have done the 810 diet and had a meal at night and I am upto 5lbs loss, my weigh in is tomorrow. I know this isn't loads but I prefer to do things gradually this time around.

I think I will try SS next week.

Hope this helps

best diet ever!

Thanks, any advice is helpful!

My local CDC isn't available until after 6pm, but hopefully I'll get lots of info then.

I think I am in the right mindset as I'm so ready to get this weight off. The daunting parts for me at the moment are having no alcohol and food socially, but it seems like a good enough sacrifice for the results I've seen with other people.

x

its really only 3 days or so that you feel rubbish - am in my 3rd week now and dont ever feel hungry or weak from lack of proper food! i lost 7 lbs in my 1st week and that was with a sneaky chicken salad! i think i have realised that it is (for me anyway) a diet and not a lifestyle so i would try and pick a month where you dont really have much on (i.e. family meals, big nights out etc) which will help you not to cheat. Good luck for when you start! xxx

I would defo say this diet works just completed my first week and done fantastic so will defo keep going! All I can say is drink water, plenty water then some more water it's really strange but that seems to be the key oh and keep using this site it gives you no end of encouragement.
Good luck can't wait to hear of your 1st week loss
:character00148:

Thanks guys,

This site seems really helpful!

I'm going to phone the CDC tonight and hopefully get an appointment ASAP. :)

x

You all seem to be doing really well!

Once I've got going I'll be able to join in the threads more.

I'm just popping out with my friend for a while, but I'll let you guys know when my first appointment (or do you call them weigh ins?) is. :)

x

Its a fab diet if you are in the right frame of mind and have a clear diary where nights out are concerned. I waited 6 weeks to start to ensure that I had a 3 month run at this diet before my hols.

So far so good, 5 weeks in and I am delighted with 24+ pounds gone forever :)

Day 1 I nearly jacked it all in, but I just went to bed early and got up an a better frame of mind and its never been that bad since, and I havent been tempted with food for at least 4 weeks :)

Best of luck

iv only been on it 8days but is soooo good had my weigh in to day and lost 10lbs in a week x

Back