slinkymalinkey

Feeling fab!
Hi All

I have been lurking on the forum for the past few weeks and i have been truly inspired by each and everyone's stories.

I have a serious amount of weight to loose and i think i need a kick up the bum and i am going to go on the Lipotrim plan. Again, i have dieted in the past been successful and have let things slipp :sigh: PreviouslyI know when i put my mind to it and focus i can do it, the only thing is i have never done a meal replacement programme? Did anybody else have the initial thoughts?

I am just about to call my pharmacist to arrange my appointment, fingers crossed :cross:

I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing my weight loss journey with you.
Slinky (Soon to be , hopefully)

hi slinky
In my opinion this diet rocks now dont get me wrong the 1st week is really hard however the results at the 1st wi will motivate you to continue
my decision to do this was simply because I had hit rock bottom bit over dramatic maybe but I felt that there was no other way I need quick results to keep me going, now that i have lost 3st its the feeling good within myself that motivates me now and the amazing support given by all the guys on here.
you will get a kick up the bum if requested but you have to do this for you and you only
Have a really good chat with the chemist and make an informed decision

all the best

XX Sharron

Hi Slinky,

i totally understand your apprehension. its a big commitment to make but as sharron said, the weight you will lose in the first week will really motivate you to continue. the first week is very tough but if you take it one day at a time and pamper yourself with lots of nice bubble baths etc you will get through it.
what i am doing to distract myself this morning is linking together paper clips, i have one for every pound i want to lose (its a long long chain :8855:) and as i lose the lbs ill take the clips off one by one and make a second chain so i can visually see the weight loss chain getting longer and the weight i have to lose getting shorter :D

i really like your paperclip idea earthangel!! i think i might do that myself! I have a question - I am 21 and live with my parents in Uni holidays. My mum is not happy with me starting lipotrim because she thinks i should be on a food diet.. ie. ww, or sw. She is slim, has always been slim and doesnt understand being overweight at all! How can I get the message accross to her that it is NOT dangerous, and that it will make me so much happier?

Hi slinkymalinkey,

Welcome and get started as soon as you can. Im on day 3 of 1st week, yep its a bit hard and yep it takes a bit of getting used to but u'll do great dont worry! It will be the right choice to make, I think so anyway cos ive seen so much inspirations around,. must be good! If you need any info at all just let me know.. Everythings fresh in my mind..

Ems.X just tell her that this used to be a doctor only programme and still is recommended by the doctor. If its dangerous doctors would stay well away from it.

i really like your paperclip idea earthangel!! i think i might do that myself! I have a question - I am 21 and live with my parents in Uni holidays. My mum is not happy with me starting lipotrim because she thinks i should be on a food diet.. ie. ww, or sw. She is slim, has always been slim and doesnt understand being overweight at all! How can I get the message accross to her that it is NOT dangerous, and that it will make me so much happier?

Hi EMS,
i have been through the exact same thing with my mum, she is a size 8 and has never been overweight. when i started lipotrim first time round she was the voice of doom and gloom and was constantly on at me to just eat healthily. i have tried to do that but my weight wont shift with the likes of ww or sw even when combined with exercise so vcld is the only thing that works for me. your mum will come around when she sees the weight coming off you and your energy levels increasing, your skin glowing and your hair shining. reassure her that it contains all the vitamins and nutrients that you need and that it is probably a better source of those nutrients than your previous diet. at the end of the day, its your body and you decide what you put in or dont put into it so best of luck :)

Get as much info from the chemist, and /or the Lipotrim website and answer your mum's questions with accurate information. If she thinks that you have done your research etc, then she should respect your decision, but then again, you are doing this for you & no-one else so just carry on. Although I must admit it makes it easier with as much support as you can get, but then again that's what this forum provides ...

Tracy

thanks so much for your advice both of u.. hopefully she will come round to the idea!! i agree madferret - it is for me and nobody else, altho i guess its good to have ppl on side, especially my mum. This forum is amazing for support. I can see how so many people can lose so much weight! good luck to both of u also!

Welcome slinky, all I can say is try the diet, as everyone says the first week is the hardest. When I started I didnt think for one moment that i would do it and lose weight.

10 weeks in the diet (mid Nov) I had lost 3 stone and in size 14's (previously 18/20!). I am now starting back and had lost a further 2lb at my weigh in, I have been on holiday had xmas and new year and have maintained my weight.

Good luck and this forum really helps!XX

thats amazing blue eyes! i want to lose 3 stone in total, will my weight loss be slower if i have less to lose or will it take me approx 10 weeks also.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement.
I have been to see my pharmacist and registered with them. They are relatively new to the programme and can't believe how popular it has become and have ran out of supplies!! They are due a delivery on Tuesday but i won't be able to pick up my supplies until Friday, due to work etc.
So lipotrim here i come :)
Slinky

thats amazing blue eyes! i want to lose 3 stone in total, will my weight loss be slower if i have less to lose or will it take me approx 10 weeks also.

Lipotrim TFR promises an average of 1.5kg per week (=3.3lbs, I think) which comes to roughly a stone a month. I lost 3 stone over 11 weeks. Startingfrom a very high BMI (-I'd say 35+) means it is likely that the first week's loss could be quite a lot more than that. Anyhow, it would be realistic to anticipate a wieght loss of 1 stone per month. Soem weeks will be less than others but ut will average out.
LT rocks!!:cool:

Hi Slinky, welcome aboard. The inspiration and support on this forum is great, especially when the sight and aroma of food assaults (-assaults?!!) you. As a matter of fact that's what's happening to me at the moment. Just been supervising our two under-fives lunch and virtuously gritting my teeth saying 'no' to every morsel that would previously have landed in Mummy's tummy. Now my husband and two visitors are having their hot lunch. I'm on day 5 and it is still a bit of a struggle so here I am on the forum reminding myself why I'm doing this and getting focussed again!
If you do start lipotrim you'll definitely find this forum a great help. :)

Welcome slinkymalinkey, All the best with LT. Be well prepared and cut back on any carbs before ya start leaving it easier for yourself. Also start drinking water now even though ya may not have started the diet this should give ya less headaches for your first week and make ya sail through it easily. The best thing to do is not to set yourself far out of reach goals but to take each day as it comes, there is no denying that the first week is the pitts but once ya get through it ya will be fine and be thankful when your first weighin comes along. Any day ya are feeling low just log yourself on here and there is always someone around for a natter!! Wishing ya all the best!!

Ems.x - Why dont ya take your mum along with ya to the chemist and let the pharmacist explain the program to her?! It might also help if she was more involved and seeing how ya are getting on. She is only being your mum and worrying on your behalf. My parents dont believe in vlcd's they think its taking the easy way out of dieting how little do they know, its just as hard if not more as ww, sw or any other diet. Keep her well informed, give her notelets regarding the program and also let her know that this program is run in gp surgeries as well. No doctor would recommend something that is going to harm your life. Wishing ya all the best with it and hope ya see the results that you want.

Thanks for the advice miss unknown, i will start making the changes to get me prepared.

Could i just ask, how do i enter all the info on the left handside of the page - diet, start weight etc?
I have been trying to access it via the user cp section, but informs me that my account may not have been activated?????

thanks guys - miss unknown thats a brill idea.. i just asked her to come with me to the pharmacy and she said she will. its definately a start!! good luck everyone! xx

slinky malinkey.. there is a tutorials section that gives u all the info to help u set up on the left and underneath your messages. i found it the other day! good luck with lipotrim - we are starting on the same day!

Back