traceyjayne

I have been on the tablets now for 2 days and they have made me constipated,bloated and windy. Is that normal,i just need too go to the loo!! I am wondering if its anything too do with starting on a low fat diet? Thanks

Hiya Tracey, i'm new too, started the tablets today and i do have bloating and i've read that constipation is a side effect also. Try upping your water intake and exercise wil lhelp with constipation

yeah i get bloated sometimes too, stick with it though and follow the above advice re drink and exercise. x

Hi all, i'm not actually on xenical but a friend of mine has started this but weighs alot less than myself. She is approx 11 and a half stone and her doc has prescribed this. Do you know what the criteria is for this and does it have to be prescribed? Thanks

Hi all for the great advice,will keep on drinking that water lol. Hi focusedter,your BMI has to be 30 or above too get these tablets or 28 if you have a medical problem,i have been prescribed these tablets from the doctor because of my BMI and weight,this also apllies if your buy them from the chemist. There called Alli from the chemist and they are not as strong as the prescribed Orlistat. Hope this helps.Are you thinking about trying them? x

Hi Tracey :flirt2:

Firstly, welcome to the forum!:flowers:

Secondly, for the first few days I was going everyday but after 5 days or so I got a bit constipated! Hopefully it passes for you quickly, nothing worse than 'that' feeling of needing to go! :(

Goodluck with the tablets, and I hope they help you on your journey to slimcity! :p

thanks

Thanks hope all goes well for you,constipation grrrr lol x

Hey Tracy, I only get constipated if I'm not eating enough and not taking enough fat in. Try high in fibre foods and fruit and fruit juice. Make sure there is plenty of variety in your meals.

As for the criteria for being prescribed Xenical, I thought it was altleast 30BMI or over, but doctors seem to be handing it out willy nilly. 11 and a half stone I think is ridiculous to hand something like this out on.

KayMarie i totally agree with you on the docs and chemists handing it out willy nilly.x

Thanks Traceyjayne. I have thought about them but bit nervous if they upset my tum. My Bmi is above 30 but only just. I'm thinking my doc won't take me seriously and feel a bit embarressed to ask for them.

I think we all feel a little like that hun when we go and asked for these tablets but im am so glad i have them now,there will be a new me soon!!! I have found that i have no side effects to taking this medication except for constipation but my doc thinks its because i have changed my diet so drastically,i also have IBS as well so that hasnt help let us know what you decide x x x

Back