NEWBIES - Do you fancy starting a group?

Hi all, hope i'm not too late to join! My name is Jane and i'm starting the diet on Monday..have 1.5 stone to lose. Feeling a bit aprehensive...not sure how i'll cope without actual food! x

wha flavours has every1 tried. which are the best ones. any tips on how to make the porridge more eatable?

I have tried the powder soups & powder shakes. I personally don't really like the soups - I have tried the vegetable & chicken & mushroom.
I do really quite like the shakes, I have tried banana & butterscotch - both surprisingly nice. Next week I will just buy the powder shakes.

Has anyone tried the chocolate shake, what's that like?

Ooo! Can I join too?! I started on Tues as well and i've got 3 stone to lose.

I've tried most of the favours and I love the soups! The only one I'm not fussed on is the cheese and broccoli but it wasn't so bad I couldn't drink it! Weirdly i'm not fussed on any of the shakes cold so i'm having as many as I can warm (choc, choc orange, choc mint, cappucino). I'm gonna try adding a teaspoon of coffee to a warm vanilla tomorrow too!

xx:coffee:

For years i've been drinking low cal hot chocolate drinks which just end up watery and horrible. The choc warm is so thick it's lush!

Morning everyone,

How are we all doing today?

I have a christmas fair today... Hmm should have gotten a tetra pack for that. Will have to take lots of water for when i get hungry.

Supermummy: The porridge is a bit gloopy but I still like it as it feels I have had breakfast in the morning. If its not sweet enough add a sweetner (tablets only) and I add cinnamon to it - so its got a flavour.

As for the flavours I am ok with most - but prefer the shakes to the soups. I now make most of mine with ice and will probably start splitting my packs to have more little drinks through out the day as I get too hungry in between meals. If you like coffee (I dont but still find this yummy) try the vanilla flavour with 1 tsp coffee, 1 sweetner (if its not sweet enough) 8oz water and 10 ice cube, Iced frappe - yummy.

The choc mint is also my fav... I had half as a cold milk shake with crushed ice and half as a hot choc a bit later.

Hope this helps. Has anyone tried any of the other recipes - like the muffin?

Hi, everyone.

I'm ok this morning, but I still can't go to the toilet for a number 2 yet, I will keep drinking water though. I don't want to buy the extra fibre from my CDC as I have never had a problem with constipation B4, so hopefully in time I will be ok.

It's a good idea to split up your meals/powders as I have heard some diets are based on the principle of eating 6 small meals a day. Nicole Kidman did that to lose her baby weight, as apparently it increases the metabolic rate - and on liquid diets like this our own BMR's will have slowed down.

I know this question, has been asked several times on this forum, but anyone with about 4.5/5 stone to loose are you worried about excess skin after we reach our goal?

Lisa, when are you getting married?

Next July. They say you should leave it at least 6 months before to get the dress so I'd better get my bum in gear and get this weight off!

I was considering splitting the packs into six but i'm not the best at guessing weights/measures. I'd probably end up with one drink with 3/4 of the pack and the next with a 1/4!

I was considering splitting the packs into six but i'm not the best at guessing weights/measures. I'd probably end up with one drink with 3/4 of the pack and the next with a 1/4!

I have started splitting my packs yet, I think I might next week (as it's hassle). Nut I think what I would do is get a spoon and see how many spoonfuls each pack contains & then say it contains 6 (just an example) I would put 3 in a bowl or blender etc

I still think that would be a little too much for my 'mummy brain'. A few weeks ago I counted out 6 teaspoons of sweetener into my tea because that's how many scoops of powder goes into the babies milk! (Had a hell of a shock when I tasted it!)

Knowing me if I started scooping it out with a spoon it would end up in the babies bottle! Somehow I don't think CD is the best first food...

Oh well, i'm happy enough with the full packs for now. First day or two and they were a little hard to stomach but now they go down great!

xx

I have tried the powder soups & powder shakes. I personally don't really like the soups - I have tried the vegetable & chicken & mushroom.
I do really quite like the shakes, I have tried banana & butterscotch - both surprisingly nice. Next week I will just buy the powder shakes.

Has anyone tried the chocolate shake, what's that like?

hey blue eyes. Ive tried the choc shake n its ok but the choc mint is nicer. also this morn tried the fruits of the forest flavour and fell in love with it. its really nice. havent got the butterscotch one, dont think my cdc had it. maybe she could order for me?

Thank-you supermummy, I will see if my CDC has choc mint & fruits of the forest. I think she has fotf, but I don't remember seeing choc mint.

Yeah I am worried about loose skin....I spoke to my counsellor about it and she said most people are ok and don't suffer from it too badly. I'm gonna try bio oil and exercise but don't know if it'll help that much. But the way I see it, I can't wear skimpy clothes/show off my arms now, so if I do have loose skin and can't wear skimpy clothes I'm no worse off...and at least I'll look good with clothes on:p

Yes, I agree I rather be slim with loose skin, than big without loose skin. But I am single, so I am worried if after I have lost weight, I meet someone I'll be too ashamed of my body - if that makes sense.

Back