NEWBIES - Do you fancy starting a group?

Yeah I'm single too and have exactly the same worries, but on saying that the only way to find out is to see what happens, it might not be so bad we might be one of the lucky ones! And the way I see it, any man worth his salt wouldn't mind it, he should love you for you not what you look like (or so I keep telling myself):p If all else fails there's the ops to have it removed, you can get it on the NHS I think if it bothers you (which it def would me)

Thank-you BB08 - hopefully we will be lucky. My CDC said that she hasn't known anyone who had a loose skin problem after their weight loss through CD and she has known people who have lost over 6 stone. But maybe she would say that, as she wouldn't want to put me off the diet.
How old are you? I'm 26

Drinking water helps and I would also recommend Palmers Firming Butter for after pregnancy & weight loss, it is currently £4.59 buy one get on free at Superdrug (I don't work for Superdrug or Palmers). My friend who had twins, had a bit of loose skin after pregnancy & this helped (obviously it isn't a miracle cure - but I do think it could help a little bit, and it doesn't cost much).

It is currently out of stock online (but online you have to pay for delivery, if you don't spend over £35). I bought mine from a local Superdrug, it wasn't marked as BOGOF like alot of other Palmers products on the shelf, but I took them to the till to check & they were BOGOF.
My skin is in pretty good condition, I swear by adding a small about of baby oil (the one with aloe vera in) in my bath. I also find if you keep your skin well moisturised through out the year, you tan better and don't peel (you don't have to buy expensive baby oil, I buy Wilkinsons own brand at 99p - I don't work for Wilkos either).

I don't know really about Bio oil - if that helps - imagine it will help with stretch marks, but I don't think it will have an effect on loose skin.
But at the Palmer's price, you could try both (I think Bio Oil is slightly on offer at superdrug, £1.50 off).

The Palmer's Firming Butter "says" it tightens skin after pregnancy & weight loss it contains shea butter (that helps stretch marks) Collagen, Elastin, Vitamin E & Q10 - all known for tightening skin. I strongly believe prevention is better than a cure - so we should start using products now.

Hi blue eyes,
I'm 23, so we're both reasonably young and that should count in our favour. I know from experience bio oil helps with stretchmarks and scars but never tried it for loose skin so not sure if it will have any effect. Thanks for the advice with the firming butter, I'll give it a go, it's cheaper than the bio oil too so def worth a try. I have found that just drinking water is helping my skin - it's much softer than it was before. Have you had much success with the diet yet? I started on Friday and have already lost 6lb, I'm over the moon!

Wow, that's loads BB08 congratulations you must be so pleased. I haven't weighed myself yet I throw out my scales, they weren't that reliable & I know I would become obsessed with weighing myself many many many times a day. So until I am more comfortable with my weight I will just weigh myself at my weekly WI - then in about April I will buy some good scales.
I don't think I have lost much weight if any, as did get constipated & my tummy when huge (2 inches bigger than normal). So my trousers feel very tight!!!!!!

Remember in Superdrug, I don't think the firming butter is marked BOGOF like alot of the other Palmer's products, so take them to the check-out & double check - don't let the shelf put you off if it doesn't say BOGOF.

It is a popular product, that's why online because it is buy one get one free it is sold out, but in the shop I found there were loads as it didn't show the offer on the price label!!!! At that price, it's worth ago - the worst it can do is make our skin super soft.

BB08 - how much weight have you got to lose? - If you don't mind me asking.
I have got "a lot" so I can't wait until I can see light at the end of my long tunnel.

Last edited:
I have about 5 stone to lose, so there's a long way to go, but I'm really focused on losing 2 stone before christmas as I'm going to visit relatives and have put on 2 stone since I last saw them. It might be a long shot but I'll try:p I'm lucky not to have had the constipation problem, probably why I lost so much weight, have you tried fibregel? You get it in boots, or that powdered fibre through your cdc, my cdc said it works very well. My cdc told me about a lady that didn't make a bowel movement for over two weeks and did'nt lose any weight, in the end they told her to eat as much as she could just to 'flush out her system' so to speak. So I'd say the fibre stuff is def worth a try?

Sorry for the late reply.
I am good at the moment on the diet, had my 2nd weigh in today and lost another 7lbs :D I too have 5 stone to lose and am aiming that for my 40th birthday in April next year.
I liked all the shakes and the soups except the porridge one:sign0137:
have not long had my first bar {caramel} yum and I bought the water flavouring too {fotf}

Good luck to everyone :p

First weight in tonight!!! I'm absolutely paranoid that I wont have lost much weight. I tested and my ketostick only came up as 'trace' :cry: and now totm is starting!

I don't want to be the only one who barely loses in the first week when other people are losing over a stone!

Hi
i would love to join!
Started today and so far so good!!!!
ive got about 3 stone to lose would love to have done half by xmas lol!!!

Look forward to chatting to you all and becoming friends!
Ems x x

Good luck, Lisa with your WI tonight - Mine's also today!!!!! I am really dreading mine.

Hi, Emmie - It's really nice to meet you.

You will do great Emmie, and we will all give you the "kick up the backside" if you need it. What is great about this forum - is we are in it together, through the good & bad times.

I'm Nat (or Natalie), I am 26 years old - and I love to talk (or post). I want to lose 5 stone, and I have just started - so I won't be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel for a loooooong time, I am finding it great to chat to people of the forum. They really encourage you, and one day in the hopefully not so distant future I will have my own success story to share & hopefully inspire future CD dieters.

I feel really positive at the moment, the thought that next summer, hopefully I will be a new & improved me - really pushes me.

Last edited:
I'll find out what I weigh next week, I was meant to go for a WI tonight, but I have just had to come home as some horrible person has broken in my house, so I've had to rush home!!!!! My friend who is also on the diet, is picking up my weekly supplies for me - so will drop them off tonight.

Does anyone else keep on waking up in the middle of the night, getting to go for a wee? At work I must be going every 20 mins!!!!!!

Hi all

What a great idea, I am about to start this week and will be in for the long haul as I have 10 stone to loose so will appreciate all the help I can get.

hope ur ok blue eyes and not alot harm has been done. Its a horrible feeling and i know coz we got burgled a month back and alot was taken away but even worse is the thought of someone invading ur privacy, ur personal space. stay strong. x

oh nat how awful have they taken much???
stay strong i would have been reaching for the choc by now!!!!
glad were all here love this forum so much support!!
xxxx

oh should say

Im Emma or Ems, im married to Dave and we have 3 beautiful children (blame them for my tummy!!) Jack nearly 5, Max nearly 3, and Gracie-Jane 15 months

I know this time im gonna do it im an awful dieter i give up so quickly and i havent yet today i think this is the longest ive gone!!!! 1 day woo hoo!!!!

xxxxx

They only took stuff from downstairs, a neighbour disturbed them - thank god. But they have taken some expensive things, made a real mess & it's the hassle & the thought of horrible people in my house, taking things I have worked hard to buy. It makes me feel physically sick!!!!!!

hello to all, im shelly in leeds and i start my journey on thursday and i cant wait. i shall post here regulally. iv got 6 stone to loose.

Sorry Emma, we were burgled years ago and it wasn't so much that they took stuff but it just makes you feel insecure in your own home. Hope you are coping fine.

Welcome Shelly. I have a stone more to lose and I have started today. We can give each other morale.

Back