Newbies Food Diary!!! August 2012 Started :)

Hey everyone.
Hope i'm doing this right.
I'm at that week where i'm no longer allowed a food diary. SCARY and exciting. However, the first day i found myself trawling the internet to find one as i became so very paranoid that i would be missing out the vital syns. I'm also a self diagnosed control freak, so it became paramount that to suceed i needed to write everything down that i've eaten... Oh dear.
I've hit my half a stone award over the past 4 weeks and have found the whole plan enjoyable. I am currently missing my pizza and cheese but i have agreed to give these kind of things up till i reach my target weight so i can start introducing them slowly to maintain. Being the size of a munchkin, i was happiest at 9st. Recently, i feel like i have been growing width ways instead of height ways, and joined my nearest slimming world. I am amazed at how much my confidence has grown in such a small amount of time. I can't imagine how i will feel over the next two months. I'd much rather keep this feeling then cave in for the sake of a large dominos pizza (though, the odd one won't hurt).
My story has not been straight forward, however. I lost 2.5lbs in the first week and put it on in the 2nd. Ready to give up, i sat and thought its a bad week and its going to happen. In fact it wasn't a bad week, it was my brothers 21st (a meal and night out) followed by my cousins 1st (a meal and wetting the babies head night out, not with baby mind) and my dads 50th (a meal and a night out) so i think i did well considering what i ate.
I have learnt so far that if i do well within the week i can go out Saturday for a nice meal with the other half, or for a wine binge with the girls and still lose. This is the most enjoyable thing for me, as i wanted something i could incorporate within my life and be realistic about. I live in Wales but i'm originally from Dudley. When i visit home which is often, our family always goes out for food. I have adapted this eating out one night a week rule from such a young age that it's hard to give up (not hard, i just don't want too).
Alas, i will shut up and get to the point of the food diary - what i have eaten. I am still new so any advice tips would be great. I am always willing to take advice on board and from what i have read so far, i am in the right place to get that advice.

Wednesday 12th September, 2012. Extra Easy.

Breakfast:
Fat free yoghurt (free) Lemon Curd (1 syn) and Pineapple (superfree)

Snack: Banana (super free)

Dinner: 2 x wholemeal weight watches bread, 1 laughing cow extra light (1syn) and ham (free)

Tea: Slimming world jamaican chicken (1syn) with boiled rich (free) and fried peppers and onions (using fry light, super free)

Snacks: 2 x gherkin slices (free) , Strawberry muller light (free) and 2 x rich tea fingers (2 syns)

Syns Total: 5 syns.

Thursday 13th September, 2012. Extra Easy.

Breakfast:
Fat free yoghurt (free) Lemon Curd (1 syn) and Pineapple (superfree)

Snack: Banana (super free)

Dinner:
2 x weight watchers wholemean (healthy extra), low fat laughing cow triangle (1syn) and 2 round of ham (free).

Tea: Slimming world lasagne (2.5 syns), Syn free chips (free) and peas (free)

Snack:
Muller light strawberry yoghurt and 2 x rich tea fingers (2 syns)

Drinks: 5 cups of tea with semi skimmed milk (healthy extra) and 1ltr of spring water.

Syn Total: 6.5

I try and stick to 6 syns and below. But i've noticed my weight has started to STS more now and don't know whether to try and up my syns and super free foods? I hate eating fruit as it is, but i'm getting used to it more now so maybe introducing more will help weight loss.

I don't know. Speak to you all tomorrow :) xxxx

Hi,as far as I'm aware food diaries are available for you to use,just ask your consultant,at my group they are by the scales for you to take.

There's chocolate digestives in the office.
Save
Me
Now.

After dodging chocolate biscuits all afternoon today has been okay but not great. I had bought some syn free low fat super noodles, but i looked in the kitchen we use and there were no bowls. Gutted. Popped out and couldn't resist the potato salad from the deli. Mayo-gate scandal.

Friday 14th September

Breakfast:
Fat free yoghurt with lemon curd
Snack:Banana
Dinner: Salad box: beetroot, red onion, rice, sweet corn, peas, pasta spirals, potato salad (with mayo 5 syns, only had 1scoop) and dry ham.
No snacks after this though as i am stuffed, it was only small though.
Drinks: still water and 2 x cup of tea

I know its Friday so my weekend of struggling starts here. Going to have SW tea fry up i think as i've saved my HEXB and have the usual 2 rich teas. Not much superfree today but in all honestly i'm not in the mood for fruit or veg today.

Let you know how Friday goes. More worried about night out tomorrow though. Drinkin' hell.

Hey hope ur getting on okay? Did u have enough super free with lunch? Also on Wednesday I see u counted laughing Cow cheese as syns? Could it not have been ur healthy extra a??

Hey lovely. I didn't have enough super free today at all! Been feeling groggy so not fancied it at all! My healthy extra a has been smimmed milk! But I only use it in tea so hardly had it! Had a shop today so got fruit for weekend! Worried about the weekend as friends leaving do!!!

To finish my diary for Friday:

Toast ww whole meal hexb
Half tin beans
2 poached eggs
2 bacon fat removed
Cup of tea

No snacks! Sprained my wrist at work so feel a bit weird tonight :/

Happy Friday :)

No that was just my tea lol, the rest is further up!!! I wish I could just eat that!xxx

Making up for it tonorrow with drink ha! How you getting on? Do you have a link to your diary?xxx

Yeah I have a diary called Rosie's 100th restart or something lol. I used 3 syns today Gunna have 27 tomorrow to play with making steak and chips for the boyfriend x

Haha, you can have normal chips tmro if you wanted! I just crave cheese! And pizza! Will take a look at yours now! Enjoy steak night xxx

Yeah I think I'll have normal chips and a proper chocolate bar. I love cheese omlettes but I'm not too bothered about pizza. I don't drink much I'd much rather use syns on stodgy food than liquids lol x

Resisted a fry up this morn to save some calories for later as I will be over syn wise. Planned my day as:

Breakie: weetabix n sweetener hexb

Taking dog for hour walk

Dinner: banana and low fat sweet chilli chicken noodles

Tea: syn free chilli with tomatoes and peppers and syn free chips with some peas. Fat free yoghurt and pineapple

Drinks; ten single gin n soda with lime and mint : 25 syns.

Total: 25 syns

Pretty sure the drinks will not only equate to 25 syns haha! Only used 21 syns this week do far plus 15 from today. Have a few to use in an emergency tonight. Also staying low syn till WI on tues. takes the fun out of it :/

WEIGH IN DAY. I weighed myself this morn and i'm still the same. no idea why as i've had a good week apart from dancing and drinking on Saturday. But oh well, c'est la vie. Saturday did go as planned, but i drank a lot more. Thinking it was more 35-40 syns. Sunday i ate well, though was craving so much food, ended up eating loads of random snacks and having 16 syns :/

Monday:

Breakie: Fat free yoghurt and honey
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Ham, red onion, cucumber on 2 slices of wholemeal (exB) salad cream 2.5
Snack: a million pickeled onions
Tea: syn free burgers and chips. salsa (1 syn) extra light laughing cow (1 syn)
Snacks: 3 rich tea 3 syns
Syn Count: 7.5syns

Tuesday:

Breakie: 2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk and sweetener. exB
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Chicken mug shot, chicken slices, and fat free muller yoghurt strawberry.
Snack: pickeled onion and roast chicken slices
Tea: syn free chilli in lettuce leaves (burrito styles), syn free nachos (food abuse i know, but its WI in night so its treatnight) cheese: 8 syns, salsao 1 syns.
Snacks: fat free yoghurt and pineapple, 2 rich tea x 2 syns

Syn count: 11 syns

Need a syn free day tomorrow. Got a birthday chinese thursday and heading home this weekend, so i'll be surrounded by yummy foodies.

Eating tea after weigh in so will let you know in an hour how i got on. Not staying for group, can't be arsed with the clappy clappy thing tonight (bad day at work).

Au revoirrrr

Ironically, i def eat more when i've had a bad day. I was under my weekly syn count for last week, so i guess i shouldn't be so hard on myself. But i'm trying to optimise that when i do feel like eating the world over i substitute it for food that is lower in syns. For example, i had about 3 rocky road hifi bars on Sunday because i wanted a huge bag of chocolate, which if i had got would of been a million syns. Same with the nachos tonight, i had put the kit in my trolley then out again 3 times. But even though its food abuse, i will be satisfying my craving with an alternative. 100% on plan tomorrow tho for the new week :)

ps. missed a syn off monday so it was 8.5 syns.
pps. my spelling is awful, like i said long day.

Lost 1.5lb, collected my half stone award. Feel fab :)

Been getting hardly any veg or fruit. Off for a weekend home so i've neglected buying it as i know it'll just go to waste. Got a birthday chinese tonight and off home (as said) so i am not expecting great results next week. Going keep fit sat morn and zumba sunday with my mom though so hopefully that should help.

Wednesday:

Breakfast: Fat free natural yoghurt with 1tsp of honey (1syn)
Lunch: Chicken breast, skin removed with 3 pickeled onions, lettuce and fat free cottage cheese.
Snack: Strawberry muller light.
Tea: 2 pieces of nimble (hexb), 2 poached eggs, 3 slices of bacon fat removed, 3tbsps of beans. (yum)
Snack: 2 rich tea (1 syn)

Total syns: 4

Thursday:

Breakfast: muller light strawberry (was in a rush)
Snack: none, missed my bus didn't get into work till late. bad day.
Dinner: chicken breast, fat free cottage cheese.
Snack: WATER.
Tea: i am going to have: boild rice, mixed veg in sauce (6.5 syns) and 2 prawn crackers (3 syns)
Snack: 2 rich tea (2 syns)

Syns: 15 syns ( i know its doesn't add up this but i am adding my syns up to 15 because i doubt 2 prawn crackers will suffice). Also i haven't had my hexb today, so i could take syns away as i could use my oil allowance for the chinese. But i'd rather not so i can make sure i have a relatively syn free day tomorrow.

Going to miller and carter on Saturday with the parents. They're really good for making sure you can have healthy options so going to opt for the chicken breat (no butter) with jacket potatoe and sour cream (3.5syns) and a large diet coke. Don't know how i'm going to bypass the desert side of things, might get a nice coffee instead. Anyone know what a good starter would be??

Going to have a low syn day tomorrow to make sure i can go over a bit Saturday. Even though i haven't gone over my syns from the chinese i still feel like its awful haha.

See you soooooooooooooooooooon :D

Back