Extra Easy Newbies!! Help and Guidance please???

Joined the slimming world way of eating since my girlfriend has done it and stuck to it for a year and she has lost over two stone.

So in an attempt to regain my teenage health and lose about 20lbs I chose to join her!

Problem is, we stick to eat as your supposed to! 5-15 syns per day with each meal having a third superfree!

Problem is I do a lot of exercise i.e. play football once a week and cycle around 20-30 miles a week and left a kettlebell every night!

After 3 weeks I have lost no weight, sometimes the scales say I have lost body fat % and the next I've gained??

Whereas my girlfriend despite going to group and getting all the tips she can and filling in food diaries is constantly given the same old excuse, lactic acid (which I know does not add weight and you'd have to put on a lot of muscle to add weight) or water retention yet we are certainly not starving ourselves????

Anyone had any experience of this??

She has done so well up until now but has just stopped losing, whereas I have started yet haven't lost any weight despite upping my exercise levels??

I know it works as she has been transformed and we love how easy it is to follow with all the great food so would love to stick to it but surely we would expect to see a pound or two a week, and sometimes she has even gained weight on it??????

Help??:cry:

You could post your food diary on here?? Then mabye members will pick up on something, for example I on Friday nights used to treat myself to a white bap, counting it as 6syns, but in actual fact it was 11syns lol. So without noticing I was having well over 105syns and not losing.

As for the water retention, are you making sure you're drinking enough? If you're exercising you should be upping your water too. Not drinking enough will cause water retention.

Have you noticed any inch loss? If you are exercising a lot then you might not be losing lb's but losing inches instead.

Hi, On the weeks that i make more effort with my exercise i tend not to loose any weight! I dont know alot about sport and healthy eating, but i thought a few green days may help because of the carbs. Now when i know im going to exercise alot the next day or even the same day i go for green and it has seemed to help so far! x

ok typical day! for both of us!!

Breakfast

Cooked brekkie with lean bacon, joes sausage, mushrooms, beans and egg and tomatoes, or egg on toast synning bread as 3syns, or bacon and scrambled egg

Lunch

Sandwich with laughing cow and ham (1 syn for cheese) 2 slices of wholemeal small loaf as HEB and salad with mug shot and muller light and maybe a alpen light bar 3 syns

Dinner

Any of the meals from the range of SW cook books we have (very rarley over 6 syns!) always stay within 5-15 syns a day!!

All meat is lean and skin removed or fat removed and we cook in frylight if we have to....

Then we fill up on fruit such as satsumas, bananas and apples during the day and drink at least 1.5 litres of water (no squash) and teas and coffees using skimmed milk within HEA choice!

We have lots of variety love the food we eat and love getting in after work and cooking together but its becoming hard work not seeing the numbers come down......

It is tricky working out why it may not be working for you. your gf's C souldn't be blaming it on lactic acid all the time, and maybe your gf could have a quiet word with her to ask if there is anything else it could be?
it doesnt look like you have a third superfree - thats if you are doing the EE plan!
I have noticed that alot of the SW recipes dont include a third of your superfree within the meal, so just make sure if you are following them that you still add it on.

Must be difficult when u are putting in all the effort and not seeing the scales change. Its entirely possible that you need to eat a bit more as you are doing so much exercise. Your partner might have hit a plateau, or simply be at the right weight for her frame. I'd probably be eating more superfree at brekkie than you are. Other than that can't think of anything else

we are doing the EE plan and she is big up on her superfree as she is always banging on at me about it but I try do stick to it, apples have been my major superfree recently and we always have salad or veg with dinner like curly kale and green veggies!! even if we make a curry we fill it with spinach!!

I know it takes time but she has been doing it for over a year now and its costing a fiver a week and even if she was seeing 1lb a week come off then fine but she stays or goes up! she realises she needs to up her exercise but she is at uni and finishing soon so then she'll hit the videos and classes more and my kinect no doubt!! :)

Our portion sizes aren't too big and we're never hungry nor do we eat too much of the same thing!

we even have a treat day every few weeks where we might go out for dinner on date night but other than that we are all about SW!

She is 5ft 7 medium build and 11.5st having lost 2.5 stone already and her target was set at 10 stone for her, I am 5ft 10 medium build and want to get to 12st currently at 13st 10.....

I know there is no miracle cure and it takes time but I know how important it is to my girlfriend and want to support her so any tips and advice anyone may have would be great!!

I just dont want her to start exercising (as when she starts she will really go for it as she used to be a dancer) and still no results as that will really get her down!! she looks great and has done fantastic she just wants to get to her target and now tone up!!

I think you probably need to up your superfrees and make sure you are having at least 1/3 with every meal. You also need to be drinking plenty of water, at least 2 litres each a day plus extra for you as you do quite a bit of exercise.

It might be worth cutting out bananas for a week or two and seeing if that makes any difference, as some people find that bananas can slow their losses, certainly does for me.

Denise

Back