Newby needs advice

TinyJan

Hi everyone,

I am new on this Diet and I need all the help I can get. Im trying to loose 4 stones as i am only 4'11 in height and over 12 stone in weight. so as you can see, it's not a very good combo. Anyway, please feel free to give me all the advice I can get as I find it quite tough doing it on my own. I have only done it for 3 days so far but finding drinking over 2 liters of water tough.

Hey Tinyjan..
Just wanted to wish you luck on your cd journey!! This site is fab.. I havent been on it that long but so addicted.. Everyone is there to support each other, which is so good when you need support from others that are in the same boat!
I am quite short too so i can relate to what your saying.
CD is a fab diet though and you see the results really quickly if you stick to it..
The water can be tough sometimes but it is important to have and it does get easier you can get water flavourings I think its on the third week.
good luck on your journey!!!
Take care x

Hey There

Just wanted to stop by and say hi !

CD is hard for the first few days or even first couple of weeks. But once you get past that it is very easy to stick to, especially when you can add alternatives like the mix a mousse and bars.

With regards to water - I used to drink my water from those small 500ml bottles with a sports-type cap. It seemed much easier to drink from those. Also used to drink a lot of black decaff coffee - a normal mug is at least 300ml + of liquid, so you can easily boost your fluid intake with a few mugs a day !

Finally - this website is great. Everyone is so friendly, and gives fab advice. If you ever need to ask anything get straight on here and there will be someone who can help you out.

Good luck with your CD journey.

Libs xxx

Hi Tinyjan

Good luck with your CD challenge!

I am on my 6th week, and to be honest i kept telling myself 'i'll only SS for a couple of weeks, and then i'll move up' but after the 1st week of headaches and feeling yuk, i came out the other end and am just taking each day at a time.

still SSing and doing ok. i hope to stick to it for the 12 weeks, which does mean no food or drink for my birthday :cry:but the long term benefits must come first ;) (i keep telling myself this!)

This diet will do what you want it to do, just give it 100% and you will reap the benefits 200%

Goodluck and see you around

xx

Hi TinyJan-Well done on your first 3 days on CD! Are you on Sole Source??

Things do get better after day 3 as you should be in ketosis and get less hunger pangs! Sip water throughout the day- from the minute you wake up until you go to sleep!

When I first started I thought it was impossible to drink that much (as I didn't drink any water) but now I actually drink more than the minimum recommended amount and I never thought I could do that.

This is a real good site, for encouragement, support and advice. If your ever feeling like you want to give up- get on here and these lovely people will give you a boost!

Good luck with your journey xx

Hi everyone

Thank you for your support. I am on the SS. I feel ill at the moment and I don't know if this diet has anything to do with it. I have a sore throat and have suffered from head aches and grogginess. If you are saying that things pick up after a week or so then I'm happy to stick by it. I felt low in the begining as if though Im alone in this. Last night I had slight pain around my knee joints and lower back which I never usually have so it's making me a little bit worried again if this diet has anything to do with it.

Hey Tinyjan..
Your definately not alone!! As we are all here to support each other so dont ever feel alone!!!
Just try and stick with it you may feel different and weak at first but drink loads of water and take some neurofen and you will feel better in no time.. Not sure about the knee joint and back pain. cant imagine that would have anything to do with it but I dont know.
Hang in there as you will feel fab when you start seeing the results x

Headaches can be a sign that you're not getting enough water, try sipping in through the day. Cold water is quite hard to drink as well so it might be easier to wait for room temperature x

Thanks again guys. When I started this diet I was 12 st 11 lbs, almost 13 stones! I will have my 1st weigh in at the end of the month so I will see the results and keep you posted.

Isnt it weird how height changes everything though?! I'm 5'11" and my goal weight is 12 stone! I would do anything to get to that weight!

Well I'm 4'11 so I'm a foot way down there compaired to you. So I need to loose it as I look like an Oompa Loompa at the moment!

Does anyone know for sure that you can chew suger free gum on this ss diet. My councilor said its ok as long as it doesnt make you hungry.

Last edited:
Back