newby

Jot

jo'stime
Hi all

day one for me I have started a low carb way of eating from today. I have tried CD in the past but go back to my old sugar addiction, but to be fare i only did a month of cd, probably did not give it long enough. So I had two boiled eggs for breky and i plan on having stir fry kale with garlic for lunch, not sure about tea yet. wish me luck!!!!

good luck Jot, and welcome :)

Thanks girls, just had my kale lunch umm, think i need a few more veges in there. Thanks Lady marmalade, she is a cutie, had her from 30 days old.

Welcome Jot!

Enjoy the first week and the rest of today. You'll find everyone really friendly and helpful. The Guru (Jim) is currently on a holiday and we are fending for ourselves!!

AND DOING A PRETTY GOOD JOB I THINK LADIES!

Bren
X

Thanks bren, you ladies have inspired me this morning/afternoon. I have such a long way to go about 4stones worth, but i am gonna do it one day at a time.

Only way to do it darl!

I'm off to bed and will pop in again tomorrow. I'm in Aust.

Bren
XX

Thanks girls, wow you have had some fantastic losses between you all, its inspiring.

How did day 1 go Jot??

Bren
x

Hi Bren,

Day 1 went really well, had a couple of boiled eggs for breakfast, stir fry kale and prawns for lunch and by the time we had got back from bubby's ice hockey it was late so we had a chinese, I had abit of pork yuk sung in lettice leaf, and a couple of dry ribs. I must say i was really tempted by the rice but i managed to resist.

Today has been the tester, I have to confess i had half a bagel, and i am mad with myself as it wasnt that fresh, but the pull to have carbs this morning was intense, however i did not enjoy it and now feel a little deflated. Going to have salad and chicken for lunch and tea. For my sins though i am going to get my butt on the treadmill in a minute and get rid of that sugar that floating in to my blood. not giving up though, i already know that this is going to be a week of getting in to new habits before it runs smooth. How are you getting on?

Hi Jo and welcome to Atkins and the Atkins forum.

How are you doing?

Jot,

My advise would be to sit down and plan your week of meals and have a ready supply of Atkins legal snacks. If you are anything like me, it makes life so much easier and makes straying "off diet" less likely.

I like to bulk cook, usually half a dozen hard boiled eggs and a pack of chicken thighs. Both cheap as chips and good to snack on.

I also always have a few bags of scratchings in stock and a sugar free jelly made up.

Yeah thanks boogaloo, must cook up some chicken drumsticks, to have in the fridge, going to try and make some chicken soup just need to watch my carbcount. must admit not sure about the pork scratchings, if i get a hairy one it could be all over.

Back