newcomer here starting cambridge diet

lauraann

hi all
i am new here, going to start cambridge diet tomorrow, i have 3 stone to lose and i am diabetic, feeling positive about losing weight, not so positive about not eating my fave foods:cry:
any help or encouragement:help2: would be appreciated

Well done for taking the courage to start CD, just look at it as though you are dedicating a few months of your life to become the person you want to be! You will be fine. The first few days are hard, just drink lots of water, and do something in the evenings that will stop you from being bored. In a few months time you will be so pleased you done this!

Use this forum as much as you can for advice and to just chat to people in the same boat as you are. Good luck for tomorrow! I am sure you will do well! x

Well you have made the right decision, this diet is fantastic. I am not going to kid you that it is easy and the first couple of days are really hard, but as long as you prepare you will do great!! I have lost 22lbs in 5 weeks and am really happy. Starting to notice a difference in my clothes already which is good and getting compliments on how much weight I look like I have lost. Just keep in mind what brought you to CD and you will be fine. I have done a motivation wall by my computer, I have listed all the things I want to achieve both in weight and emotionally (mainly become a yummy mummy - I have never been yummy at anything apart from to my hubby).. I have bought a nice top from monsoon that I will be in ((my target top)).. and photos of the last time I was happy with myself (teenager!) and my overweight photos...

Just some ideas for you, but if ever you need support or motivation or a shoulder to cry on we are all here and in the same boat..

This is a journey, and it is up to you and you alone how you travel, the direct route or the scenic route!

Good luck, I am sure you will do fantastically well..

You may want to keep in mind splitting your packs with being diabetic?? I have 6 smaller shakes instead of 3 large ones??

Sorry for the long reply...

Love

hi there
many thanks for your words of encouragement, if i halve the shakes do i just weigh out half or would i mix the whole lot and have half and keep half in the fridge? also can the shakes be made with hot or cold water?
thansk for your help:confused:

Hi there
I'm Meeting with my CDC on MOnday and will start on Tuesday. I also have 3 stone to lose ( I think!) so do let me know how you are doing... I have the same concerns as you. Oh I'm addicted to this site and could be on it for hours so that should distract me!!:)
Good Luck
Sxx

:)
Hi there
I'm Meeting with my CDC on MOnday and will start on Tuesday. I also have 3 stone to lose ( I think!) so do let me know how you are doing... I have the same concerns as you. Oh I'm addicted to this site and could be on it for hours so that should distract me!!:)
Good Luck
Sxx
hi there
good luck to you it is a bit daunting isnt it , i have the extra worry of my hubby moaning about the cost !!!:) im sure he will appreciate it at the end !! i love chocolate even tho i am diabetic so that is going to be hard for me and giving up bread, cheese....ohhh i could go on all day !!! keep in touch and we can have a race :superwoman: i im going to be on here a lot to stop me from going insane
take care laura
:wavey:

i've just posted on the other thread..... ah well... welcome on board hun... hope you make urself at home!!

love

Welcome Aboard this Fantastic Gorgeous Supportive Site.

:bliss:

I too am on CD.. :D
Will be looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Any questions, don't be afraid to ask..

XX

hi there
many thanks for your words of encouragement, if i halve the shakes do i just weigh out half or would i mix the whole lot and have half and keep half in the fridge? also can the shakes be made with hot or cold water?
Best to mix half the powder with water if you want to split the shakes, as if you make up whole they start to lose their vits & mins.

You can have them hot or cold. Just remember not straight off the boil water as this can damage the vits etc as well!

Some people say that the cappucinno ones are lovely hot, but I dont like them as too sweet , I like my coffee without sugar!!

The choc mint one is lovely hot though, nearly like one of those option drinks.

Just give them a try you will know your own tastes are, we all vary here with what we like.:D

Best of luck.

Hello and good luck!!

Make the most of this site....I spend all evening on here and don't even think about eating....just have to take regular, very regular, toilet trips!!!

I'm on week two and found week one hard, but now on Day 9 I feel great, so stick with it....it will be worth it!!

hi there

I mix half the shake at one time, 20g.. to about 100ml - 150ml of water dependant on what shake it is you are making... but don't worry the more you make up, the more used to it you get, some people like watery shakes where as I like mine quite thick.. I have a 12 month old, so I have utilised his milk container with 3 compartments in, and weigh out a pack for work so I know I am getting half a pack in each shake...Good luck this is a fantastic diet...

Back