NEWS: Announcement made at group about WATER CONSUMPTION

Hi Blondie Logic I mentioned this to my LL councellor last week and she denied that this was the case with LL? I told her where I had seen the posts and could not see anything on the LL offical website so I am wondering if this is official. Thanks

Hi Beetle - well ours had some posters to put up about it - they looked official.

I see this far too often with LL, there is a fair amount of inconsistancy about releases of information!

But yeah, she had some printed material that she read from - had all the doctors who were making the reccomendations photos and comments, etc., on it and then there was also a big blue poster - I didn;tlook at that though......?

You can always call head office if you are concerned? :)

I'll go with the announcement after seing the papers, etc. :)

mine gave us all a copy of the email to read and it actually says "drink to thirst" there is no upper or lower limit, but when you feel thirtsy, including packs and tea, coffee etc. each person should average 2-3 litres a day...

sorry guys, i dont mean to add to the confusion of this announcement but my LLC said that they r no longer aloud to tell us how much we should drink and that we should go with our bodies, sip little and often throughout the day. water used in tea, coffee, shakes and soups would count towards our daily consumption. there seems to be alot of conflicting information on this at the moment so im just drinking steadily throughout the day, at a guess id say it prob amounts to about 3litres in a day so i dont think i can go far wrong there, after all, your body will soon tell u if your dehydrated and need watering x

At last. I completed foundation last year and have managed to keep it off, untill recently and am seriously thinking of resuming LL , but have to say the thought of all that water did put me off going back on so may be this is the push I need to get back on. I found that drinking so much dominated my life , and I felt comtrolled by the need to be constantly finding water and then somewhere to get rid of it ! LOL
I think this may have come in the wake of the news item lately where a lady on a detox diet suffered an epilectic fit that left her brain dameged because she had drunk 5 lites a day and removed all salts as instructed from her diet. She won substantial damages against the nutrionist who divised the diet, so I think they are probaly covering themselves at LL with this new directive.
Its funny all this becuase I was talking with a friend of mine about re-starting the programme and she voiced for the first time her concerns about the 'water obsession' I had when on the diet last time and said it really weirded her out , my constant drinking. She fully supported me in my efforts at the time and still would she said as she had no problem with the abstinance , but felt that the 'water thing' was a real drag. OMG and I never realised she felt like that, she went on to say just what LL are now saying that everyones requirements are different she drinks very little except when its hot or she has excerted herself and she believes in listening to your body, she talks a lot of sense really.
So hooray for LL seeing sense.

Just adding... at my information evening I was told drink to thirst as well..that they don't recommend amounts anymore.

Im just reading through the old stickys as I started w8 today. They still do recommend 3-4 litres a day but I think im just going to go with what feels comfortable now ive read this. I have been struggling a bit today, am drinking from a refilled 750ml evian bottle and have managed 3 and a bit, so that about 2.5L probably, so with what I drink through night I would reckon about 3. xx

Im just reading through the old stickys as I started w8 today. They still do recommend 3-4 litres a day but I think im just going to go with what feels comfortable now ive read this. I have been struggling a bit today, am drinking from a refilled 750ml evian bottle and have managed 3 and a bit, so that about 2.5L probably, so with what I drink through night I would reckon about 3. xx

Hi Rainbow :)

I think you are right to drink to what feels comfortable as everyone differs with this don't they?.
I was always ok drinking approx 3L per day on CD but knew many people who weren't and still had great weight losses each week.

Lacey..x :)

I drink to my thirst and sometimes that means I have only 2litres of fluids a day. My losses are ok so I would go with whatever you are comfortable with. Just don't overdo it!.

Hi everyone,
Im on week 10 foundation and have lost nearly 3 stone (yay!)
We were discussing the water issue at ourr group meeting just before christmas as a few of us had been scared about drinking too much water this is due to the lady who died last November after drinking 4 litres of water in 2 hours
(This was in the news about 4 weeks
ago)
Our counseller reassured us that if we drank water gradually duning the day we would be okay and that anyone wether or not they were on LL would be in danger from drinking that amount of water is such a short period of time.
I was just wandering if this may have changed the reccomended water intake guidelines?

That is good to know, 3 litres I can manage, 4 I honestly do struggle with, I will still try to drink 4 though, thanks for the heads up

Our LL counsellor told us before I went away, it is because a bloke at a group nearly died downing ten litres in an hour :|

Plonker!

Yes!!! And a woman in my old group was drinking 8-10 litres of water a day!!! On top of very intensive exercise. That's just crazy!!! And VERY dangerous!!
Surprisingly enough she wasn't losing any mire weight any quicker than any of us!!
I'm happy because I've always Bern drinking 3 litres and it works for me.

If she was doing intensive exercise that's probably why she needed 8 - 10 lites of water.

I'm drinking about 7 litres most days but then I get through at least 4 litres a day when I'm not dieting. I think it's just a personal thing; I lose water very quickly, others don't.

As long as you drink enough not to be seriously dehydrated you'll be fine and frankly I've always thought the line that drinking water aids fat loss to be total rubbish. It affects weight because the body retains water (which increases weight) if it thinks that there is a drought. It's not going to do this as long as you drink a reasonable amount reguarly enough and in any case the extra weight is just retained water, not fat.

Back