'Nice face... if only you lost some weight!'

Morrigan

Hello :)

I just wanted to introduce myself!

I am 25 year old woman with a nice enough face but a rather overweight body. The above phrase is something I have heard my whole life and I'm not sure what to think about it. I have tried many times to 'just be a big girl' but deep down, being bigger doesn't make me happier. I only allow people to take photos from the neck up and even then I cannot let them catch me with a double chin ;)

I have also been 'dieting' for almost all of my life too (since age 8), although this is the first time I have tried to actually change my eating habits and lifestyle. I have been on this new plan since October and have lost roughly 2 stone. I was encouraged to wait to after Christmas but figured I really needed to jump in - and it worked!! I am trying to make better choices and work on the mental side of my eating habit. It is so tough working through this alone and so when I found MiniMins I was so relieved that others think about the same (sometimes silly!) things as me ;) It is so lovely to meet you all and read about your progress - I have been lurking for sometime and find so many of you inspiring.

I am perhaps strange in that I don't weigh myself. For some this would be waaay to tempting but for me it has been liberating. I only know how much I have likely lost because I have been so obsessed with weight over the years that I can tell simply by how my clothes fit. I am now the slimmest I have been in my adult life but have a way to go yet. I used to weigh myself 40-50 times a day which is so mentally destroying it's unbelievable! So I have chucked out the scales and am measuring my progress through how clothes fit me. At the start of this new diet I was in a size 18 and I am now in a size 14! I am close to getting complacent so I thought this would be a great place to share my thoughts and moments of distraction.

I hope you don't mind me rambling on! If you have read this far, thank you, it's lovely to meet you!!

Morrigan xxx

Last edited:
OMG!! That is fantastic - to go from a size 18 to a size 14 :party0011: What an achievement ... and an inspiration :)

I have never thought about not weighing myself. I do love finding out that I have dropped down a clothes size.

Wellll doonnnnneeee :)

Am clicking on thank you so say thank you for being such an inspiration!!

hey morrigan, welcome to minimins, i have found the support on here invaluable, ive been told what a pretty face i had since i was in my teens if only you would loose some weight, people think they are complimenting you but really their not, i was watching an old episode of friends the other nite & they were talking about someone and the quote was 'she lost all the weight and discovered she didnt have a pretty face' i thought that was hilarious..congrats on your achievements so far & best of luck to you

well done on dropping two dress sizes i only weigh myself once a fortnight i would rather do this cause i think its better to lose in inches !!

Thank you everyone, I feel really welcome here :)

hey morrigan, welcome to minimins, i have found the support on here invaluable, ive been told what a pretty face i had since i was in my teens if only you would loose some weight, people think they are complimenting you but really their not, i was watching an old episode of friends the other nite & they were talking about someone and the quote was 'she lost all the weight and discovered she didnt have a pretty face' i thought that was hilarious..congrats on your achievements so far & best of luck to you

Thank you, this really made me smile! :D It's funny isn't it? Sometimes I think people say that because it makes them feel better. If you're pretty and fat then you're not TOO threatening!

Back