Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

'Nice face... if only you lost some weight!'

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Morrigan, 8 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Morrigan

Morrigan Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(31.82%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hello :)

I just wanted to introduce myself!

I am 25 year old woman with a nice enough face but a rather overweight body. The above phrase is something I have heard my whole life and I'm not sure what to think about it. I have tried many times to 'just be a big girl' but deep down, being bigger doesn't make me happier. I only allow people to take photos from the neck up and even then I cannot let them catch me with a double chin ;)

I have also been 'dieting' for almost all of my life too (since age 8), although this is the first time I have tried to actually change my eating habits and lifestyle. I have been on this new plan since October and have lost roughly 2 stone. I was encouraged to wait to after Christmas but figured I really needed to jump in - and it worked!! I am trying to make better choices and work on the mental side of my eating habit. It is so tough working through this alone and so when I found MiniMins I was so relieved that others think about the same (sometimes silly!) things as me ;) It is so lovely to meet you all and read about your progress - I have been lurking for sometime and find so many of you inspiring.

I am perhaps strange in that I don't weigh myself. For some this would be waaay to tempting but for me it has been liberating. I only know how much I have likely lost because I have been so obsessed with weight over the years that I can tell simply by how my clothes fit. I am now the slimmest I have been in my adult life but have a way to go yet. I used to weigh myself 40-50 times a day which is so mentally destroying it's unbelievable! So I have chucked out the scales and am measuring my progress through how clothes fit me. At the start of this new diet I was in a size 18 and I am now in a size 14! I am close to getting complacent so I thought this would be a great place to share my thoughts and moments of distraction.

I hope you don't mind me rambling on! If you have read this far, thank you, it's lovely to meet you!!

Morrigan xxx

Last edited: 8 February 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xnickyfitchx

xnickyfitchx ♥ Bride - to - be ♥

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    OMG!! That is fantastic - to go from a size 18 to a size 14 :party0011: What an achievement ... and an inspiration :)

I have never thought about not weighing myself. I do love finding out that I have dropped down a clothes size.

Wellll doonnnnneeee :)

Am clicking on thank you so say thank you for being such an inspiration!!

4. Relle

Relle Full Member

Well done so far! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to be a 14! Eeek!! Xx

5. Morrigan

Morrigan Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(31.82%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thank you both - what a lovely welcome!! :) I am determined for the first time ever :D

6. deadteddys

deadteddys Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.8lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Good luck with your journey :)

7. Trose1203

Trose1203 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(37.85%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    hey morrigan, welcome to minimins, i have found the support on here invaluable, ive been told what a pretty face i had since i was in my teens if only you would loose some weight, people think they are complimenting you but really their not, i was watching an old episode of friends the other nite & they were talking about someone and the quote was 'she lost all the weight and discovered she didnt have a pretty face' i thought that was hilarious..congrats on your achievements so far & best of luck to you

8. xxkate83xx

xxkate83xx Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.75%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    well done on dropping two dress sizes i only weigh myself once a fortnight i would rather do this cause i think its better to lose in inches !!

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Well done with the pounds

Irene xx

10. Morrigan

Morrigan Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(31.82%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thank you everyone, I feel really welcome here :)

Thank you, this really made me smile! :D It's funny isn't it? Sometimes I think people say that because it makes them feel better. If you're pretty and fat then you're not TOO threatening!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.