Nice to meet you...

Silence

Bouncing back
Hi everyone
I just thought I'd introduce myself properly on the introductions forum.
So my name's Silence (well actually it's Gemma), I'm 22 and I'm from West Yorkshire. I currently live and work in Strasbourg. I'm seriously overweight and I really really need to sort my life out. I want to lose 3 stone by the next time I go home, at Christmas. I want my family and friends who haven't seen my for months to say "wow you look great".
My long term aim is to get down to a healthy size, have a healthy BMI and most importantly be HEALTHY.
I'm here for the long term. I'm going to do this!!!

Hi and welcome. Do you work for the EU over there? How are you going to lose weight? Have a look at the WW and SW sites for help

Irene xx

Hiya
I'm new on here too. Just joined this afternoon in fact. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Good luck with your journey.

I work for a translation company, we do a lot of business and legal translation. It's quite cool.

I'm going on South Beach diet, it has worked well for me before. I don't think my body processes carbs very well.
I just need the determination to stick to it this time.

It's a low carb diet with phases. Phase 1 is 2 weeks and you don't eat any carbs (including fruit) and then after the first 2 weeks you start phasing "friendly" carbs in - Phase 2. "Friendly" carbs are whole grains, so granary bread, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, etc. You stay in Phase 2 until you've lost all the weight you want and then you move onto Phase 3 which is a bit more freedom, but sticking to the general rules.
It's a very free diet, it suits me because I like variation and freedom.

Welcome to Minimins :)

Back