Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Well done on the lb my dear :) such a good feeling. I'm looking into booking a trip to Las Vegas later on this year. Would you recommend it? Looking for about 5 days max xx

Sorry to butt in but Vegas is the best had a week in 2010 and I'd go back in a heartbeat! Is so unbelievable! xx

We are staying 3 nights sat 18th to tues 21st in the premier inn in Piccadilly :)

Looking to go out on Saturday night for a good night we are both over 30 so not looking for a super cool night but a good one in decent bars. Fancy dinner in Chinatown and a really good steak. But if there are places you would go that don't fit in these categories say! Local knowledge can't be beaten :) xx

Right.... in Chinatown Yang Sing is usually known as one of the best, and they do good buffet type menus if you want to be able to try a bit of everything :)

In terms of a good steak it's got to be one of the Grills... there's Grill on the Alley (the original and I think the nicest), and Grill on New York Street - they're normally quite pricey but in January they run a 50% off offer every year! Google "Blackhouse January Sale" and you'll get the page for booking to get the discounts :) Get it booked soon if you want a decent sitting time, they're very popular!

If you fancy something a little bit funkier there's a restaurant called Artisan in the Spinningfields area, which has lots of unusual dishes... or if you want to go really posh I'd recommend either Australasia (amazing if you like sushi), San Carlo (lovely Italian where all the footballers go) or if you can by some magic get a table apparently Manchester House is amazing... just opened and going for a Michelin star already! I can't wait to try it myself :) Rosso (Rio Ferdinand's restaurant) is lovely if you just want regular Italian food, as is the restaurant opposite which is called Room (more traditional English food) - if you don't eat in Room at least try to go in for a cocktail, it's stunning inside :)

Hope that helps and I haven't given you too much choice!! xx

Thank you that is fab advice :) really looking forward to it only a week and a day to go we haven't been away for 2 yrs but my parents gave us money for Christmas to go away so we planned this :) thinking that steak and Chinese are food sw options and my OH loves them both so we can both be happy. Will let you know where we go. Going to have a google now for vouchers :) xx

Thank you that is fab advice :) really looking forward to it only a week and a day to go we haven't been away for 2 yrs but my parents gave us money for Christmas to go away so we planned this :) thinking that steak and Chinese are food sw options and my OH loves them both so we can both be happy. Will let you know where we go. Going to have a google now for vouchers :) xx

You're very welcome, let me know if you need any other info :) x

Evening lovelies! :)

A bit of an oops on the food today - had ham rolls for my lunch as my HEB, but picked up a Hifi for breakfast as was running late, not even thinking about the fact I'd already planned by HEB in my lunch!! So just had to count 6 syns for my rolls... doh! :rolleyes:

Other than that a good day, all trained up for my new job so now it's all systems go! Eeeek! :D

Have just done my big food shop for the week so yet again no excuses to be off track... apart from the wedding I have on Saturday anyway!! I really want another loss this week, and it'd be lovely to get a decent one!! Going to get back to the gym this weekend too, hopefully that'll give the weight loss a bit of a boost :)

09/01/14 – Extra Easy – 8 Syns
B – Banana, Hifi (B)
L – Ham Rolls (7), Apple, Satsuma
D – Lamb Steak, Minted Potatoes, Carrots, Cabbage
S – Cherries, 5 Laughing Cow Light Triangles (A), Sugarfree Mints (1)

WP_001214 - Copy.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Good evening ladies!

Impromptu dinner out this evening so was a bit worried about staying on track, but I did it!! Yay!!! :D

10/01/14 – Extra Easy – 4 Syns
B – Cheese (A) Omelette
L – Ham Rolls (B), Apple, Grapes, Cherries, Banana
D – Out at Carluccios: Parma Ham, Pasta Con Funghi (2?), Peppermint Tea
S – Sugarfree Mints (2)

Got the worst belly now though, squeezed into a pair of jeans that are a bit too tight once the afternoon bloat strikes... oucccchhhh!!! :(

x

Hello ladies!

After a weekend which was verrrry off plan (body weight in chocolate, wine and chinese takeaway!!) I am back on it with a vengeance today! Have got about 10 days clear now where I can really focus (apart from the new job meaning I'm working rather long hours!), so this is Day 1 :)

13/01/14 – Green - 15 Syns
B – Banana, Blueberries, Strawberries
L – Sweet Potato Tagine with Couscous, Apple
D – Tomato Pasta with Cheese (A)
S – Toast (B) with Philly Light (A), Raspberries, Eton Mess (15)

Last edited:
Hey lovely,

Glad you had a fab weekend, even though it was a bit off plan ;)

Yesterday's food sounded fab! I've got 10 days 'til Dave's birthday and my next off-plan meals (we've got a 5 course tasting menu with my parents on 23 Jan and Michelin starred lunch in London on 24th!) so I'm totally with you for 100% angelic-ness :D

xx

I've seen you do it so many times before Nic - when you put your mind to it and stick to plan, the weight literally drops off you!! With a bit of planning and organisation for the long hours at work, you'll smash it in these 10 days! Glad to hear you're enjoying the job - what a lovely way to start the new year :) xx

hun

Thank you hun :) food looks really good today x x

Thank you! :)

Sounds like a nice weekend :D

Ah was lovely, can really feel those extra lbs that have snuck on now though! x

Hey lovely,

Glad you had a fab weekend, even though it was a bit off plan ;)

Yesterday's food sounded fab! I've got 10 days 'til Dave's birthday and my next off-plan meals (we've got a 5 course tasting menu with my parents on 23 Jan and Michelin starred lunch in London on 24th!) so I'm totally with you for 100% angelic-ness :D

xx

Ooh you lucky thing doing Michelin starred lunch! :D 100% angelic-ness all the way! xx

I've seen you do it so many times before Nic - when you put your mind to it and stick to plan, the weight literally drops off you!! With a bit of planning and organisation for the long hours at work, you'll smash it in these 10 days! Glad to hear you're enjoying the job - what a lovely way to start the new year :) xx

Aw I really hope I can, need to try and keep this focus going!! Have got packed lunches etc planned so hopefully I can stay on it - luckily the treats table is behind me at work, so not in my line of view! :D x

Well good evening ladies, sorry it's just going to be another short check-in this evening as I am knackered and ready for my bed!! Promise to catch up on all your diaries at the weekend :) A few good food and exercise days, am getting there... but the scales are particularly mean at 11st 6lbs this morning :( So doing official weigh-in sat morning instead to try and get at least a maintain with a few extra days behind me!!

14/01/14 – Green – 5 Syns
B – Hifi (B), Cherries, Banana
L – Baked Sweet Potato, Boiled Eggs, Grapes
D – Tomato Pasta with Tomatoes, Cheese (A) and Sugarsnaps, Peppermint Tea
S – Strawberries, Milky Way (5)
E – Pilates

15/01/14 – Green – 4 Syns
B – Mullerlight, Banana
L – Mixed Bean & Veg Chilli, Jelly (0.5)
D – Jacket Potato (1) with Beans & Cheese (A) & Butter (2.5)
S – Blueberries, Hifi (B)
E – Gym 30 mins

WP_001219.jpg

Hope you're all doing well! xx

Last edited:
Evening ladies!

Another quick check-in tonight while I watch Supersize vs Superskinny! :D Good food and exercise day today, made it to gym again so that's 3 days in a row of exercise... probably a record since November!! ;)

16/01/14 – Extra Easy
B – Mullerlight, Banana, Choc Crunch (B), Tea (A)
L – Salmon Fillet with Baked Sweet Potato (2.5 for butter), Apple
D – Chilli Prawn Linguine with Rocket, Peppermint Tea
S – Mullerlight Dessert (5)
E – Gym

WP_001220.jpg

Scales showed some downwards movement today but not much, still keeping everything crossed for Sat morning and official weigh-in! On the plus side, already planning now how I'm going to try and stay on plan while I'm in Geneva next week for work... gym kit and hifi bars will be coming with me, and will be ordering a salad at the airport rather than the usual burger if we end up in McDs or BK!! :)

Nearly the weekend, phew! :D x

Thanks Lynne!

Just had to tell you all that I am a muppet of the highest order... I ordered a few bits from Hotel Chocolat in their xmas sale, and left instructions for the parcel to be left in my recycling bin if there was nobody home when it was delivered... I thought it was odd today that it still hadn't been delivered (after being dispatched a week ago) so checked the tracking online... only to discover that it was delivered the day before bin day and therefore I put it out, in the recycling bin, with the rubbish, the next day!!! :( :( :( Gutted, but maybe it's fate saving my waistline?!

Thanks Lynne! Just had to tell you all that I am a muppet of the highest order... I ordered a few bits from Hotel Chocolat in their xmas sale, and left instructions for the parcel to be left in my recycling bin if there was nobody home when it was delivered... I thought it was odd today that it still hadn't been delivered (after being dispatched a week ago) so checked the tracking online... only to discover that it was delivered the day before bin day and therefore I put it out, in the recycling bin, with the rubbish, the next day!!! :( :( :( Gutted, but maybe it's fate saving my waistline?!

Oh my goodness! Tho could be fate intervening for you!! I love hotel chocolat had some for Xmas didn't last long! xx

Back