Nicola's Cuba Countdown

yep...that's so true....and good for you on the exercise...i just don't...no point in lying....i just don't! lol. i know it would help...but i aint committing to anything...cos i know it wouldn't happen hehe (maybe one day tho??)

i've had comments in the last week or 2 which has been good :D
but i've been there before...lost a ton of weight then gradually over the years it's gone back on.
there's not a "diet" i've not tried....i lost 2 stone on ww then spent a year doing it, starving all the time and paying money to end up gaining every 2nd week!
it was great at first cos it let me eat the foods i usually ate...but then as i lost weight and my points went down, i was still eating the food, pointing in my goodies but then starving the rest of the time cos i just wouldn't go over my allowance!

when i joined sw (a few weeks after leaving ww) i was almost a stone heavier than i had been at the beginning of that year...what a waste of money paying every week lol!
i think the reason i've been able to be 100% on this is cos i don't feel like i've missed out. i've just been clever about what i have (ie sw ferrero rochers instead of something else etc) and to be honest, going from some sh1tty ww ding meal for dinner to burger, sw chips etc has been fab!
my OH is loving it too lol.

i've only told a few people i'm doing it...at first i didn't say cos i wasn't sure if i'd manage to stay on it so didn't want to end up being like...awww, i'm off that now...and no one's really asked! the few that have i've been like yeah, i cancelled my ww and lost a stone and a half lol. but i'm not lying when i say i've stopped eating processed foods and that i'm cooking from scratch....cos i am!

for me, planning is definitely my key cos if i didnt plan and cook in advance, i think that's when it would go wrong...god knows what i'd eat cos you definitely need to be ahead of the game otherwise you'd plough through syns big time eh! x

I never thought I'd get into exercise, and certainly never thought I'd become one of those people who misses it on rest days, but it has finally happened to me! Again something just clicked and I'm not really sure what, although the thought of getting in a bikini in Ibiza in July is certainly a motivator! :D

I'm the same with not really telling many people about going to SW - my close friends know, especially as a few of them are fellow SW-ers, but I don't really shout about it, as I put enough pressure on myself to succeed (and am harsh enough on myself when I fail), so I don't need anyone else compounding that! Plus, SW is just healthy eating rather than a diet, so nobody needs to know - I've just moved desks and the lady next to me is fascinated by the variety in my daily fruit box but doesn't see me as being on a diet :) I feel so much better for steering clear of the processed foods, the only things I have on hand are Pasta n Sauces for those evenings when I get home too late to cook, or just really haven't got the energy for it for whatever reason, but I couldn't eat them too often, I'd get very bored! I love cooking so a new SW recipe book feels like a treat, I love creating new things too :D

Planning's definitely key, it's time for me to sit down and plan this week's menu actually so I can get my food shop done in the morning, although can't buy in too much as need to keep my fridge empty in preparation for the baby shower I'm hosting on Sunday!! Which will really be a challenge to stay on plan through! I'm allowing myself one slice of cake, but will be steering clear of all other naughties!! x

oooh good luck with that! ;)
what kind of things are you making?

i only do EE and green days usually but going to have a nosey and give a red day a bash...when i can get my head around it anyway lol.

lucky you on the holiday...and the vegas trip too!

i was talking to a woman and her daughter at WI last week and they were going on wednesday....how lucky! it will be fab!

i'm the same with the pasta n sauce...don't really eat it as a meal but i use it as a base for my quiche - i make a big one on a monday (or 2 smaller ones) and cut them up then grab a couple of bits each day for work to snack on if i'm hungry.
if i'm doing EE and working, sometimes i'll take low fat supernoodles and add chicken or bacon and superfree which does me cos i use my HEb for porridge oats in the morning before work most of the time.
discovered cous cous last week (and how easy peasy it is to throw together!) so had that all last week which was good for a change plus i was able to mix by HEb's up a bit so hoping that might have been a positive change??? hmmm..will see on monday i guess eh!
i do buy the packet of meat free bolognese for green dinners sometimes which is handy and quick to make...plus it's edible (compared to some of the meat free stuff) so does the trick! hehe x

I've asked all the guests to bring a plate of food so there's going to be a real mix, but 4 of us are SW-ers, so there will be a few healthy bits from each of us to balance it out :) I'm going to do a pasta salad of some sort, as well as a regular salad, and am buying lots of low syn drinks in. One of my friends is bringing spicy potatoes (syn free) and beef couscous, and others are bringing hoummus, chicken drumsticks, sandwiches, so things which can be eaten within limits :) It's just the pastry-based food that I'll need to avoid like the plague!

I don't do red days often either, it's usually by accident if I do! :) I like that EE is just normal eating so tend to stick to that most of the time. I haven't got anywhere to cook or heat food at lunchtimes, so unless I take my soup in a flask it's cold food all the way for me at lunch, so I have a lot of salads, sushi, soup, and the odd low-syn sandwich.

Which meatfree bolognese do you get in? x

Can't wait for all my hols, just waiting for this payday and then will be getting Vegas booked - am rather excited as have never been! :D

aww it sounds great...and what a bonus that there will be some "better" choices :D

i buy the packet of dried meat free stuff from asda(think it's near the smash/ tinned meals stuff), you just add water and simmer it for 10 mins or so...it's about 70p for the packet and that does me 2 meals. they have a chilli one which was ok and also savoury mince (not so good for me) but i don't mind the bolognese.
think they have a tin too but haven't tried it. it's prob the same but was £1.50 and would prob get chucked cos i wouldn't eat it all

i love the dinners on EE but like that i have an extra HE on the green days so enjoy a sandwich and oats that day...but the dinners are always more of a challenge cos i haven't had any quorn stuff yet. i know a lot of people like it and say they're a great help but i'm not sure if i like them and i'm slightly wary to buy a bag of the mince or chicken in case i don't...then it's a waste.

think i'd be better trying red days when i'm off work cos i snack on homemade lentil soup, quiche and chickpea dahl loaf when i'm there so would need to rethink what snacks to take where as when i'm off, i have a bigger (later) breakfast and don't really snack the same x

cool u have your diary up, i will have a good read of this tomorrow thanks :) x

cool you have a diary I can follow, and I see you are off to the white isle of Ibiza, jealous :) that place use to be my second home. I went there from 1998 to 2008 every year and one year for a month. U will have a ball. I will have a good read of this diary tomorrow:)

cool you have a diary I can follow, and I see you are off to the white isle of Ibiza, jealous :) that place use to be my second home. I went there from 1998 to 2008 every year and one year for a month. U will have a ball. I will have a good read of this diary tomorrow:)

Welcome! Hope you find it useful, any questions give me a shout :) I only went to Ibiza for the first time last year (should have really gone around the same time as you as was so into the music back then!) and ended up going back again later in the year and then couldn't wait to start planning this year, am hooked! :D We've got an apartment above Cafe Del Mar, so should be brill! x

aww it sounds great...and what a bonus that there will be some "better" choices :D

i buy the packet of dried meat free stuff from asda(think it's near the smash/ tinned meals stuff), you just add water and simmer it for 10 mins or so...it's about 70p for the packet and that does me 2 meals. they have a chilli one which was ok and also savoury mince (not so good for me) but i don't mind the bolognese.
think they have a tin too but haven't tried it. it's prob the same but was £1.50 and would prob get chucked cos i wouldn't eat it all

i love the dinners on EE but like that i have an extra HE on the green days so enjoy a sandwich and oats that day...but the dinners are always more of a challenge cos i haven't had any quorn stuff yet. i know a lot of people like it and say they're a great help but i'm not sure if i like them and i'm slightly wary to buy a bag of the mince or chicken in case i don't...then it's a waste.

think i'd be better trying red days when i'm off work cos i snack on homemade lentil soup, quiche and chickpea dahl loaf when i'm there so would need to rethink what snacks to take where as when i'm off, i have a bigger (later) breakfast and don't really snack the same x

How many syns are those asda meatfree packs? I usually get the Simon Rimmer ones when they're on offer as my nearest Asda is a bit of a trek, but will make the trip up there if they're worth having in the storecupboard :) Quorn's fine but it doesn't taste of much, so I find that I add more herbs and spices than I would if I was using meat - Chilli made with Quorn is pretty good, but I'm not as keen on Bolognese made with it, If you were making for a family you'd probably use a whole bag for a meal for 4, so don't worry too much about being left with lots to use x

ahhh fab, cafe del mar ah the memories. We stayed in a few places every year, probably the best hotel was Hotel Brisa, as we stayed there a few times but you will have some view over looking the sea. Would love to go back. I was 4 stone lighter the last time i was there :( booo

ahhh fab, cafe del mar ah the memories. We stayed in a few places every year, probably the best hotel was Hotel Brisa, as we stayed there a few times but you will have some view over looking the sea. Would love to go back. I was 4 stone lighter the last time i was there :( booo

You'll be back to that light again before you know it! :) I was a stone heavier when I went last summer so I'm looking forward to going and feeling skinny this year! :D Although am going with a bunch of size 6 girls so will probably still feel mahoosive next to them, even in the size 12s I hope to be wearing by then!! x

In food news, I just made the SW Doner Meat with extra lean beef mince and don't like it half as much as when I made it with the lamb :( Will keep in the freezer for emergencies, but the search for extra lean lamb mince will go on!! x

Morning all!

I'm feeling brilliant right now as I just did a 5k run at one of the Park Runs! :D I managed to run the entire way and did it in a faster time than I ever have (the last one I did was about this time last year and I had to start walking by about 1km in!), so am immensely proud of myself and just know I couldn't have done this with those extra 17lbs on my back :) Just waiting for confirmation of my place and my time, but think it was about 33mins. That's set me up very nicely for the weekend!

Hope you've all got lovely plans for the weekend? xx

Snack: Banana
Exercise: 5k run
Breakfast: WW Fat Free Desserts Yogurt - Lemon Tart
Lunch: Grill-Up with Bacon, Egg, Potato Cakes made with Smash & Chives, Cherry Tomatoes (S), Beans (SS), Toast (HEB), and 10g low fat butter (2.5 Syns), 2 Satsumas (S), Pink n White (5 Syns)
Dinner: TBC - food shop time so will see what I pick up!

WP_000294.jpg

Last edited:
In food news, I just made the SW Doner Meat with extra lean beef mince and don't like it half as much as when I made it with the lamb :( Will keep in the freezer for emergencies, but the search for extra lean lamb mince will go on!! x

My local Tesco sells it although saying that the local one is mahoooosive.

How are you getting on? xx

My local Tesco sells it although saying that the local one is mahoooosive.

How are you getting on? xx

There's a new huge Tesco up by where I work, so I might try in there, keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

All's going well thank you, the journey continues to slowly get there! Really want 2lbs this week so I can get my Club 10, but nothing's shifted on the scales yet despite me being very good and doing tons of exercise, hope there's going to be some kind of delayed reaction by Weds! :D How's everything with you? xx

Morning all!

I'm feeling brilliant right now as I just did a 5k run at one of the Park Runs! :D I managed to run the entire way and did it in a faster time than I ever have (the last one I did was about this time last year and I had to start walking by about 1km in!), so am immensely proud of myself and just know I couldn't have done this with those extra 17lbs on my back :) Just waiting for confirmation of my place and my time, but think it was about 33mins. That's set me up very nicely for the weekend!

Hope you've all got lovely plans for the weekend? xx

Snack: Banana
Exercise: 5k run
Breakfast: WW Fat Free Desserts Yogurt - Lemon Tart
Lunch: Grill-Up (Bacon, Eggs, Potato Cakes made with Smash, Tomatoes, Beans, Toast (HEB), and will allow myself a bit of butter & ketchup (Syns TBC)
Dinner: TBC - food shop time so will see what I pick up!

Woooo well done on the 5k run! Im still repeating week 1 of the couch 2 5k challenge & just cant imagine being able to run for that long. Youre such an inspiration hun x

the asda packet one is free, if you have access to the sw website and type in asda meat free, it brings up all their products and the 3 i was telling you about are altogether on the shelf.
i've never heard of the one you say you use but surely there will be other supermarkets that have their own bran depending on which is close by for you?

well done you on the run!!! :D
no way i could even consider running anywhere this morning....i think i have a cold or something lingering and just wish it would either make an appearance properly...or b*gger off lol. you know that way where you wake up feeling awful....but it's nothing official...grrrr lol.

i've only ever made the sw doner meat with e/l beef cos like you, i've struggled to find e/l lamb...but gonna take a peek at tesco next time i'm there (was there yesterday too...wish i'd remembered!) x

Woooo well done on the 5k run! Im still repeating week 1 of the couch 2 5k challenge & just cant imagine being able to run for that long. Youre such an inspiration hun x

Thanks hun! I remember being in the same position as you when I started a running course last year - in week 1 we were running just 1 minute at a time and I really couldn't see how I'd be running for 30 mins solid by week 8, but amazingly, little by little, it just got there, and so will you! :D Keep on at it, the feeling's great once you can get in the zone. I can really recommend Park Runs, they're free, on every Saturday, the atmosphere is fantastic, and all the people cheering you on keep you going in the tougher moments! There's a proper mixture of walkers and runners, and they never let anyone trail at the back alone so you'll always have company :) parkrun UK x

the asda packet one is free, if you have access to the sw website and type in asda meat free, it brings up all their products and the 3 i was telling you about are altogether on the shelf.
i've never heard of the one you say you use but surely there will be other supermarkets that have their own bran depending on which is close by for you?

well done you on the run!!! :D
no way i could even consider running anywhere this morning....i think i have a cold or something lingering and just wish it would either make an appearance properly...or b*gger off lol. you know that way where you wake up feeling awful....but it's nothing official...grrrr lol.

i've only ever made the sw doner meat with e/l beef cos like you, i've struggled to find e/l lamb...but gonna take a peek at tesco next time i'm there (was there yesterday too...wish i'd remembered!) x

Ooh brill, will do that on the SW website. Know that feeling well when something's creeping up on you and you feel rubbish! Hope it comes out soon so at least you can get it over and done with xx

Thanks hun! I remember being in the same position as you when I started a running course last year - in week 1 we were running just 1 minute at a time and I really couldn't see how I'd be running for 30 mins solid by week 8, but amazingly, little by little, it just got there, and so will you! :D Keep on at it, the feeling's great once you can get in the zone. I can really recommend Park Runs, they're free, on every Saturday, the atmosphere is fantastic, and all the people cheering you on keep you going in the tougher moments! There's a proper mixture of walkers and runners, and they never let anyone trail at the back alone so you'll always have company :) parkrun UK x

I had a look at that website & theres one near me, yey :) Ill have a try at it in a few weeks time I think once Im able to run a bit further.

You inspired my to try week 2 today though & it was fine so thanks for that! A step in the right direction :) x

I had a look at that website & theres one near me, yey :) Ill have a try at it in a few weeks time I think once Im able to run a bit further.

You inspired my to try week 2 today though & it was fine so thanks for that! A step in the right direction :) x

Ah well done you! Glad I could provide some inspiration :) x

Just had a lovely afternoon nap (was knackered after the early get up, the run, and the big grill-up!) and when I woke up the sun was out, yay! :D Time to get out and about and do the things I need to today finally!

Back