Nicola's Cuba Countdown

4.5lbs off Miss Nix! Better get updating that ticker! :)

Morning Jodie! Can highly recommend the pulled pork... I'd been putting it off for ages as am not really the hugest fan of pork but it's just so tender and quite spicy too, yum! :D How's your bank holiday been?

Congratulations Ben! That's an amazing loss! :D Have fun updating your ticker, I love doing mine too, but I never have losses that big to record!

Well I am very proud of myself right now, just did a 5k run in 33:41 (which is 6 seconds faster than I did the Park Run in), rather unexpectedly! :D Had planned to have a quick 10 or 20 min run and then 10 or 20 mins on the bike with my book at the gym, but ended up doing 1k in 10 mins (5 min warmup and 5 min run) and then really needed a wee (TMI I know...) so stopped and went. When I came back I got back on the treadmill again and something just felt really right so I kept on going for the next 33:41 mins until I'd done exactly 5k!! :D So really I did 6k, but in two stages! Would love to know why it's so easy some days and just so hard on others...

So that's me back into the routine of exercise anyway, phew! Right leg was still quite painful for the first few mins but seemed to be ok once I warmed up... strange. Might book in to see physio at work to make sure I'm not going to make it any worse by running

Amazing running! I started at 48 minutes for 5k but now down to about 35 minutes. Ran it on Friday evening and burnt about 550 calories!
be good if I could do it today!

Nic, how many days do u leave between runs or when do you work, what kind if shift is it....I noticed that running every second day made it easier and also when I haven't already done a shift...my PB is 34.25 and I've no idea how lol. I did 36.33 when I ran the very next day after work, considerably more tired and lead legs. Disappointed but I'm pretty sure I know the reason so no need to give myself a beating! Perhaps looking at that for you will tell you when your best running days are to compare PB?? :)

Amazing running! I started at 48 minutes for 5k but now down to about 35 minutes. Ran it on Friday evening and burnt about 550 calories!
be good if I could do it today!

That's a great improvement! You'll be doing sub 30 minutes in no time at all if that's the progress you've made already! :)

Nic, how many days do u leave between runs or when do you work, what kind if shift is it....I noticed that running every second day made it easier and also when I haven't already done a shift...my PB is 34.25 and I've no idea how lol. I did 36.33 when I ran the very next day after work, considerably more tired and lead legs. Disappointed but I'm pretty sure I know the reason so no need to give myself a beating! Perhaps looking at that for you will tell you when your best running days are to compare PB?? :)

When I did the last 5k (the Park Run) I'd been at work the day before and I think had done the gym the day before, whereas today I've been off all week and didn't do any exercise yesterday... I do think it has a lot to do with how rested I am - a good night's sleep seems to help. And I ate a banana about an hour beforehand both times, so maybe the energy from that was just getting into my body in time? Whatever it was I liked it! :) Might try to do another Park Run this Saturday and see how I get on outdoors x

I started getting everything ready for ebay after my clearout.... forgot how long it takes to iron and photograph everything, am bored of it now!! Very lazy but might take my time to do it and wait for the next free listings weekend to come around rather than trying to rush it, could do with a dressmakers dummy to hang everything on... :D

How today has ended up...

Breakfast: Banana
Exercise: 5k run in 33:41 and additional 10 mins on treadmill (45 mins in total)
Lunch: Pulled Pork Roll (HEB) & Butternut Squash Cubes (S) with WW Yogurt & Peach (S)
Snacks: Sugar Free Jelly (0.5 Syns), Scan Bran Cake (HEB & 2 Syns) with Raspberries (S)
Dinner: Smoked Salmon & Boiled Egg Salad (S) with fat free dressing
Snacks: Daim Bar (7.5 Syns)

Summary: 0 x HEA, 2 x HEB, 10 Syns, 4 Speed Foods, 45 mins Exercise (5k in 33:41), 1 Portion Scan Bran :D

If all that doesn't shift the scales for tomorrow I don't know what will!! x

WP_000352.jpg

Last edited:
Ill keep everything crossed for you Miss Nix!!

Thank you!

10 items now listed on ebay, feels strange to be getting rid of my old favourite jeans but they are just so much too big for me now! Have saved one pair of trousers which will be my "never go back there" trousers :) Only about 40 more items to list but have to wait until next month as they've put a limit of 10 on, am sure that's new!

Can't believe it's back to work time tomorrow, feels like I've had ages off, have kind of gotten used to being at home and being a lady who lunches! :D

Erm... I don't know how it happened but I had a glass of prosecco tonight.

Followed by 3 gin and slimline tonics..... oops!

I wish I was a lady of leisure! Have my husband look after me while I do housrwifey duties! I can sense I may regret this statement...I think I just need a holiday!

I started getting everything ready for ebay after my clearout.... forgot how long it takes to iron and photograph everything, am bored of it now!! Very lazy but might take my time to do it and wait for the next free listings weekend to come around rather than trying to rush it, could do with a dressmakers dummy to hang everything on... :D

How today has ended up...

Breakfast: Banana
Exercise: 5k run in 33:41 and additional 10 mins on treadmill (45 mins in total)
Lunch: Pulled Pork Roll (HEB) & Butternut Squash Cubes (S) with WW Yogurt & Peach (S)
Snacks: Sugar Free Jelly (0.5 Syns), Scan Bran Cake (HEB & 2 Syns) with Raspberries (S)
Dinner: Smoked Salmon & Boiled Egg Salad (S) with fat free dressing
Snacks: Daim Bar (7.5 Syns)

Summary: 0 x HEA, 2 x HEB, 10 Syns, 4 Speed Foods, 45 mins Exercise (5k in 33:41), 1 Portion Scan Bran :D

If all that doesn't shift the scales for tomorrow I don't know what will!! x

View attachment 93310

Mmm that looks good, I need to get some smoked salmon in!

Hello everyone.
I've been good today after my random G&Ts yesterday!
Special K for breakfast, a chicken broth soup, sugar free jelly and snack a jacks for lunch/snacking.
Getting towards tea time now and that will be about 550 calories.
I'm out for my birthday Saturday which is going to be a blow out but as I'm in front of my average weight loss per week, I can afford a week of not losing.
Where's the sun?
Ben

Erm... I don't know how it happened but I had a glass of prosecco tonight.

Followed by 3 gin and slimline tonics..... oops!

Oops! But at least you made sensible choices with the slimline tonics! ;)

I wish I was a lady of leisure! Have my husband look after me while I do housrwifey duties! I can sense I may regret this statement...I think I just need a holiday!

Haha I wish I was one full-time too!! Unfortunately not going to happen while there's just little old me to look after me... unless I win the lottery or find myself a rich husband! :D

Mmm that looks good, I need to get some smoked salmon in!

It's the one that's on half price in Sainsbury's at the moment, it's lovely! x

Hello everyone.
I've been good today after my random G&Ts yesterday!
Special K for breakfast, a chicken broth soup, sugar free jelly and snack a jacks for lunch/snacking.
Getting towards tea time now and that will be about 550 calories.
I'm out for my birthday Saturday which is going to be a blow out but as I'm in front of my average weight loss per week, I can afford a week of not losing.
Where's the sun?
Ben

The sun has most definitely not got his hat on!! :( I'd be starving if I'd only eaten what you have today so far, hope you've got a decent tea planned?

I reckon you could still get a loss if you wanted this week - one day off doesn't necessarily equal a maintain/gain if you're 100% good the rest of the week :)

Evening all!

A long and busy day today with it being first day back at work after my week off, although I think only 95 emails to come back to is actually a record low, and the majority were deletable which was great! :D Felt nice to get back into routine, for as much as I've loved my week off it's been hard work with trying to be healthy!

Today's summary...

Exercise: 30 mins on bike at gym
Breakfast: WW Yogurt, Banana, Tea (0.5)
Snacks: Grapes (S), Tea (0.5)
Lunch: Sweet Chilli Chicken & Salad (S) Wrap (HEB & 1 Syn), Raspberries (S)
Dinner: Chilli Con Carne on Jacket Potato (1 Syn) with Tomato (S), Cucumber (S), 30g Red Leicester (HEA) and Total 0% Greek Yogurt
Snacks: Rocky Road HiFi (3 Syns)

Summary: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 6 Syns, 5 Speed Foods, 30 mins Exercise

WP_000353.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like another great day for you!
Dinner was chicken breast, butternut squash rice, pepper and a drizzle of soy sauce light
Treated my self to a mullerlight 'deluxe' yoghurt. Can't remember which one it was but it had the word praline in the title!
I've drunk my water for the day. Looking at my treadmill next to me wondering whether to just burn a couple of hundred calories.
Not much else to report, although I might watch apprentice at 9...

Back