Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Hey lovely, hope you get good job news soon. Meals yesterday looked delish!xx

Thanks hun! :)

I love my scales this morning, 10st 11.75lbs! :D Please let me not ruin that completely with today (birthday cake with colleague + wine with housemate planned) and the weekend! x

Amazing news on the scales!! Top up that wine with plenty of soda water and the scales will be your pal :) (as long as you don't end up drinking twice as much!!)

What channel is the biggest loser on? I think I need to get involved! x

I've been bad!! 2 slices of birthday cake (albeit very small ones!) for 2 different birthday celebrations, plus a small slice of pizza, oooooops! :rolleyes: So let's see what the scales say tomorrow morning haha! Might pass on the wine for tonight, really not necessary after eating all that rubbish, and will need to save my wine allowance for tomorrow night's wine tasting! :D

Biggest Loser is on Living - def need to get Sky+ing it! :D

Exercise: Gym (Bike)
Breakfast: Yogurt, Raspberries
Snacks: Banana
Lunch: Small slice pizza (5?), Sushi (3), Small slice cake (10?)
Snacks: Apple, Grapes, Small slice cake (10?)
Dinner: Tomato & Basil Chicken (1), Pasta, 70g Reduced Fat Cheese (HEA & 4.5)

Summary: 1 x HEA, 0 x HEB, 30.5 Syns, Gym

What do you reckon for syn guesses?? x

How small is pizza slice? What size pizza did it come from?

I think it was from a medium Domino's pizza, and I had a slice that was no more than 2 inches across at the widest part... was going on the logic that a whole pizza is somewhere near 50/60 syns so a slice that's less than 1/12 should be around 5? Or reckon I'm totally underestimating it?? x

I think it was from a medium Domino's pizza, and I had a slice that was no more than 2 inches across at the widest part... was going on the logic that a whole pizza is somewhere near 50/60 syns so a slice that's less than 1/12 should be around 5? Or reckon I'm totally underestimating it?? x

Well I think most slices medium are like 300 calories?? I'd need to do my research too though to know for certain!

Wow that's loads!! :eek: going to have a little look on syns online!

Ok, it says 9 syns for an average slice of medium ham & pineapple, so hopefully my guess of 5 isn't a million miles off for a slice that was about half the size of the average - phew! :D

Ahhhh ham and pineapple- not as bad as the other ones!! I Always have the crazy greasy meat loaded ones that probably where I got 300 calories a slice from when I looked yonks ago! It's been 11 months since I had a dominoes!

I just checked and yeah I used to love the Meteor one... 17 1/2 syns a slice hahaha. Owwie!

Hahaha I've never been a fan of the meaty ones - plain margherita for me all the way if I had my choice! :D

Scales not quite so kind this morning at 10st 12.5lbs, think they noticed that cake and pizza ;) Need to get my dancing shoes on tonight to wear off all the wine I'm going to drink!!

Started my day well anyway...

Breakfast: Porridge (HEB)
Lunch: Tuna Pasta (2), Banana, Satsumas, Apple (packed lunch for train, how prepared am I?! :D)

Happy weekend everyone, enjoy!! x

Hope you're having a lovely weekend. I was very happy to see kelloggs all bran special varieties on offer! £2 in morrisons. So I'm trying the golden crunch one in morning =D

Hope you're having a lovely weekend. I was very happy to see kelloggs all bran special varieties on offer! £2 in morrisons. So I'm trying the golden crunch one in morning =D

Ooh enjoy! :D

Well I'm back!! I have eaten and drunk sooooo much crap! :D We did afternoon tea at Asia de Cuba (great concept, terrible service!), followed by the wine tasting at Vinopolis where we tried champagnes, wines and absinthe (as you do!), and then followed by lots of drinking around Clapham, which involved numerous cocktails and shots, and finally a trip to the kebab shop where I got a doner kebab and chips!!! How I'm alive today I have no idea haha... although there was a casualty of the weekend - my middle finger - which I think is broken after a toilet roll dispenser fell open and trapped it underneath! Debating going to the NHS walk-in centre, but don't know if they can really do much for it anyway so might just take some painkillers and see how it is by tomorrow.

Feeling rather bloated now and definitely ready to get back on being healthy tomorrow morning, dreading what those scales might say!! Have already purchased Sushi from M&S for tomorrow's lunch and have just sat and planned my menu through to Weds, so no excuses :) Back to gym tomorrow morning too.

Hope you've all had good weekends too? xx

Ouch!! Yeah see if swelling goes down, if it doesn't it very well could be a break! :O blimey...dangerous toilets! :)

Ouch!! Yeah see if swelling goes down, if it doesn't it very well could be a break! :O blimey...dangerous toilets! :)

You poor thing! At least the absinthe must have take some of the pain away!xx

Sounds like a fun weekend, food and drinks wise! I hope your finger is ok! :( xxx

The alcohol definitely took away some of the pain, although I do still remember squealing when it happened! It's much better today so don't think it can be broken after all - a bit painful when driving and having to hold the gear stick, but otherwise not too bad, reckon it's just badly bruised :)

Today has been hard!! I've been hungry all day and have been craving rubbish so badly - ended up giving in the afternoon, doh! Meals were all good, but chocolate/sweet additions rather bad.

Breakfast: Yogurt, Banana
Snacks: Ryvita Minis (HEB)
Lunch: Sushi (3), Apple
Snacks: Satsumas, 2 Celebrations (5)
Dinner: Ham, Cheese (HEA) & Tomato Pasta
Snacks: Hot Choc (2), Mini Curly Wurly (3), 4 Pink n Whites (10), handful of chocolate chips (5)

Summary: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 28 Syns

Fresh start again tomorrow, getting an early night now before I eat anything else!! x

What you 'gave in to' wasn't all that bad! Just think it could have been a lot worse so don't worry too much! :) I almost had the same episode myself tonight but I quickly grabbed two mullerlights instead! :D

Re: Nicola will be taking 3 stone less luggage to Las Vegas!

The alcohol definitely took away some of the pain, although I do still remember squealing when it happened! It's much better today so don't think it can be broken after all - a bit painful when driving and having to hold the gear stick, but otherwise not too bad, reckon it's just badly bruised :)

Today has been hard!! I've been hungry all day and have been craving rubbish so badly - ended up giving in the afternoon, doh! Meals were all good, but chocolate/sweet additions rather bad.

Breakfast: Yogurt, Banana
Snacks: Ryvita Minis (HEB)
Lunch: Sushi (3), Apple
Snacks: Satsumas, 2 Celebrations (5)
Dinner: Ham, Cheese (HEA) & Tomato Pasta
Snacks: Hot Choc (2), Mini Curly Wurly (3), 4 Pink n Whites (10), handful of chocolate chips (5)

Summary: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 28 Syns

Fresh start again tomorrow, getting an early night now before I eat anything else!! x

Hey Nic, I hope you hand is feeling better.. sounds like a dangerous trip to the toilet! Just something I noticed about today's diary, do you usually eat much meat? Because I can usually fill up quite nicely on chicken (or fish) and it helps to keep me going throughout the rest of the day. I have also been making homemade soup to snack on which is nicely filling (and also keeps your superfree topped up :D) or failing all of that I swop from ee to a red or green day and have 2 extra healthy extras ;)

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

What you 'gave in to' wasn't all that bad! Just think it could have been a lot worse so don't worry too much! :) I almost had the same episode myself tonight but I quickly grabbed two mullerlights instead! :D

Well done you! I tried with the hot choc but it just wasn't enough! :rolleyes:

Hey Nic, I hope you hand is feeling better.. sounds like a dangerous trip to the toilet! Just something I noticed about today's diary, do you usually eat much meat? Because I can usually fill up quite nicely on chicken (or fish) and it helps to keep me going throughout the rest of the day. I have also been making homemade soup to snack on which is nicely filling (and also keeps your superfree topped up :D) or failing all of that I swop from ee to a red or green day and have 2 extra healthy extras ;)

Xx

Hey mrs, thanks for the suggestions! I'm not much of a meat eater (and since the cholesterol test am trying to cut down even further), but agree I do feel fuller for longer when I have protein in a meal, and I do snack on ham sometimes when on EE days. I wasn't remotely hungry last night before all the sweet stuff, was just cravings! Am feeling run down (sore throat has come out this morning...) so think my body was just craving something for energy and I gave into the wrong things! Was in bed for 8.30pm :eek:

xx

PS. 11st 1lbs on the scales this morning, looks like I'm on for a 1lb gain :(

Re: Nicola will be taking 3 stone less luggage to Las Vegas!

Well done you! I tried with the hot choc but it just wasn't enough! :rolleyes:

Hey mrs, thanks for the suggestions! I'm not much of a meat eater (and since the cholesterol test am trying to cut down even further), but agree I do feel fuller for longer when I have protein in a meal, and I do snack on ham sometimes when on EE days. I wasn't remotely hungry last night before all the sweet stuff, was just cravings! Am feeling run down (sore throat has come out this morning...) so think my body was just craving something for energy and I gave into the wrong things! Was in bed for 8.30pm :eek:

xx

PS. 11st 1lbs on the scales this morning, looks like I'm on for a 1lb gain :(

Oh dear I hope that you feel better soon.. I find that quorn fills me up nicely as well and it is very low in fat :D looking forward to my dinner tonight!!!

Hope you have a good day :) Xx

Back