Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Hello ladies!

Still ridiculously tired so another 8pm bedtime for me tonight to see if I can either feel better or force whatever is making me feel so run down to come out! So just a quick check-in...

Breakfast: Banana, Satsuma
Lunch: Cheese (HEA), Tomato & Ham Pasta Salad, Ryvita Minis (HEB)
Snacks: Pear, Apple
Dinner: Pasta n Sauce
Snacks: Hot Choc (2) & Curly Wurly (6)

Summary (EE): 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 8 Syns

Night night all! xx

Hello ladies!

Still ridiculously tired so another 8pm bedtime for me tonight to see if I can either feel better or force whatever is making me feel so run down to come out! So just a quick check-in...

Breakfast: Banana, Satsuma
Lunch: Cheese (HEA), Tomato & Ham Pasta Salad, Ryvita Minis (HEB)
Snacks: Pear, Apple
Dinner: Pasta n Sauce
Snacks: Hot Choc (2) & Curly Wurly (6)

Summary (EE): 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 8 Syns

Night night all! xx

Looks like a good day :) hope you wake feeling better tomorrow xx

Morning all,

the reason for the tiredness has arrived, a stinking cold!! :( That must have been why I was craving all the rubbish food too, hopefully it'll be better now the cold's come out! Have called in sick, so going to nip along to the morning weigh-in, see what the damage is, and then get some berocca, some comfort food for later, and then back into my bed!

x

Hey welcome back Laura! Missed having you bobbing in! :) I'm really struggling too, have been hovering around the same weight since July really, although it's all better than it going back on I suppose :D What have you been up to? xx

Well from when I was diagnosed with that horrible thing in July time I just couldn't focus on things, I felt rubbish and wasn't allowed to exercise either, really had to take it easy! I didn't go to my class for 6 or 7 weeks and then rejoined a couple of weeks ago, but even those past 2 weeks I just haven't been fully on it - we are a bit skint too at the moment so having to do more EE days than red (I much prefer red days but it IS more expensive) and I even tried a GREEN day on Monday which was interesting for me!

My friend joined a week ago too though, she had a baby a few months ago and kept saying she was going to come when she had her boy, so that's cool. We are away this weekend Fri-Mon too with them so is cool we can both try to keep on plan a bit together at least!

I need to get back to the gym and stuff, I was doing so well with it all before and my fitness is probably crap again! I know I can do it, it's just not always as easy as it sounds eh!

I'm glad I haven't piled loads on or anything, but at the same time I do feel my belly a bit bigger again and have clothes I want to feel more comfortable in, like I did before I went on holiday! After that the rest too, I just want to get to my target eventually!!!!!!!

Ah that's nice that you've got a friend going along with you - my friend's just rejoined with me too, so I'm hoping that'll spur me on, especially if she starts doing better than me! :) It's so hard to get back into the gym routine once you've been out of it isn't it (and must be doubly hard for you after being so ill too)... I was feeling good last week after getting back into routine, but haven't been able to go at all this week after feeling so drained - really have to make next week the week that I get back on top of everything and into my winter routine!!

Evening ladies!

The cold has FINALLY shifted, yay! :D Felt back to normal enough today to get back to the gym and back into healthy eating, despite being hungover to hell after having one too many vinos at Ellie Goulding last night (which was amazing!!) :D

Breakfast: Boiled Eggs with sliver of Clover Light (1)
Exercise: Gym (Interval running, bike, weights and core work)
Lunch: Pasta with Lloyd Grossman Tomato & Basil Sauce (5) and Cheese (HEA), Grapes
Dinner: Quorn Chilli with Rice, Natural Yogurt, Cheese (HEA) & Jalapenos (just in case there are any traces of cold left, I've now blasted them all away!)

Summary (Green): 2 x HEA, 0 x HEB, 6 Syns, Gym

Not going near the scales so no idea how the last few days of being rubbish have affected me, but time to just get cracking and try to have a good weigh-in next week! :) I am going to beat my addiction to the scales!

A lovely 3 day weekend stretching ahead of me now with no big plans, so am looking forward to a good battery refresh after this week's poorliness - hope you've all got nice plans?

Bad news on the job front unfortunately - found out yesterday that my secondment is definitely coming to an end in a few weeks, so I'm being sent back to the hellhole just in time for year end, joy! Cue ridiculous hours, midnight finishes, and a job that bores the life out of me to boot... Time to get out to the agencies again... no way am I getting stuck back there!

Right early night for me, am going to be a proper old woman and watch Casualty haha! :D

xx

WP_000925.jpg

Hope you're doing ok Nicola and that cold is beginning to complete sod off! I am dosed at the minute too so looking forward to a weekend of chillaxing xx

Aw it's doing the rounds isn't it! Get well soon chick xx

Morning ladies!

Isn't it a gorgeous day?! :D Have woken up hangover-free after my lovely early night, almost cold free, and feeling all full of life and ready to go! :D Haven't got any plans for the day, so had a lazy wake-up courtesy of the cat, made myself a nice healthy breakfast and then came back up to bed to eat it with Sunday Brunch on in the background, perfect! Today's food plan...

Breakfast: Banana, Mullerlights & All Bran Chocolate Crunch (HEB)
Lunch: Quorn Chilli with Rice, Yogurt & Cheese (HEA) - last night's leftovers, smell even better today!
Dinner: Roast Pork with Roasted Butternut Squash & Carrots, Peas, Gravy
TV Snacks: SW Chips & Dips - think will watch a film tonight, so am planning an attack of the nibbles!

WP_000929.jpg

Please let this be the start of a run of being good for me... I really want to make the most of this Christmas Countdown I've just bought!! We're having a big company Xmas party for the first time in years on 19th Dec, and it would make my year if I could buy a size 10 dress to wear to it! :D I think I might go and pick the dress I want to wear today online and print it out, and stick it on my treats cupboard so I really have to consider each and every one of them before eating them!! :D x

I got a countdown too and have been looking at dresses, but not seen anything I like. Spent too many Christmases in dresses that hide me away! And wearing Spanx!! Having a chill day today so will carry on looking. I like the myleen klass dress in littlewoods advert but not sure about the colour on me :/

Loving this thread, so nice to read about others success! I really am determined to get in a size 10 dress by the Christmas do also, last year I was in a size 18-20, so it means a lot!! Currently a size 12 and really could do with some support to get to the final target :) BECKS xxxx

Re: Nicola's Christmas Countdown... size 10 party dress I'm coming to get you!!

Hope you enjoyed your hangover free weekend ;) Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I got a countdown too and have been looking at dresses, but not seen anything I like. Spent too many Christmases in dresses that hide me away! And wearing Spanx!! Having a chill day today so will carry on looking. I like the myleen klass dress in littlewoods advert but not sure about the colour on me :/

Ooh will have to look out for that Myleene Klass one, remember seeing a few nice dresses in the advert! Had a big clear-out at the weekend (3 huge bags of huge clothes gone to Cancer Research! :D) and found 2 dresses I bought in the summer to slim into which are both gorrrgeous, so I have them ready and hanging to get into! Just made a pact with a friend who's also trying her best for the xmas do that if she can get to a size 16 she can come and take her pic from my posh party dresses for the do before I stick the remainder on ebay :) So we both have motivation to get there!

Loving this thread, so nice to read about others success! I really am determined to get in a size 10 dress by the Christmas do also, last year I was in a size 18-20, so it means a lot!! Currently a size 12 and really could do with some support to get to the final target :) BECKS xxxx

Wow that's an amazing achievement, well done you!! I'm really struggling to get past size 12 at the moment, I keep sabotaging myself! So any encouragement very welcome, and I promise to give the same back! :D x

Glad to see you're over your cold Mrs! I wish I could say the same!

Mmmm roasted butternut squash.. Thanks for a new idea for this months food plan! :D xxx

I've still not cooked it haha... went totally off the rails (AGAAAAAIN!!) at the weekend so didn't end up cooking the roast pork til yesterday, and then just used it to make pork butties rather than as a proper dinner, oooops! It is lush roasted with a bit of nutmeg though :) x

Hope you enjoyed your hangover free weekend ;) Xx

Long hangover-free weekend (was off yesterday too!) muchos enjoyed! :D Shame I made up for it by eating my body weight in chocolate haha...

Sooooo.... I'm back yet again with my tail between my legs, and yet again dreading weigh-in tomorrow :( I think it's very likely I'll have gained, but due to my scales ban I have no idea how bad it's likely to be!! Eeek! Going to a friend's for dinner tomorrow night (my SW buddy, who's had an equally bad week) but then from Thurs morning it's a fresh start yet again. I am such a muppet - could be well on my way to the next size down by now if I'd just got my bum in gear, but instead I'm keeping Cadbury's and Mars afloat with my chocolate consumption!!!

Am a bit stressed with the whole work situation and am due on this week, so am hoping that once those two things resolve themselves the sweet cravings will start to go away!! It was uncertainty and stress that caused me to put on half this weight so I must not let myself fall into that trap again!! Need to get myself a non-chocolate outlet for it... so back to gym from Thurs too to try and keep myself occupied, and am also going to get on with the illustrations I promised my friend I'd do for his book - that should keep my nose out of the fridge for a while! Very disappointed in myself but going to try my best not to beat myself up, as know that will only make me behave even worse...

So anyway, back to more positive stuff, I had a VERY productive weekend! I switched my energy provider (following NPower's absolutely ridiculous price rise yesterday! robbing *******!!), booked my MOT, sorted out my Sky contract, did the big clothes clear-out, watched Paranormal Activity 1-4, updated my CV and sent it back out to all the agencies, and finally took Sophia to the vet for her tummy troubles - I got a recommendation for a new vet and she was absolutely lovely, so I have high hopes for getting it all sorted out finally - although I now have her on a food exclusion diet (which she's also having trouble sticking to - and ate the pork scraps out of the bin instead!!) and tablets for the next few weeks... and oh dear god, how difficult is it to get a cat to eat a tablet?! :eek: I have tried hiding/crushing/mixing in food, and she finds it every time!! But it'll be worth it if it sorts her out :)

So basically I went back to work today for a break! :D

Hope your weeks have all started well? All kicks up the bum gratefully received! xx

I am soooo off plan :( Back on it tomorrow (again!)... kick me up the bum someone please!!

On the plus side, I did just make this amazing fakeaway instead of ordering a chinese, so little wins :)

WP_000937.jpg

Nic, your meeting next week will kick you up the bum. Have u got new mag? You need new motivation! Gaining 2lb one week made me turn it around to get back to plan :)

Nic, your meeting next week will kick you up the bum. Have u got new mag? You need new motivation! Gaining 2lb one week made me turn it around to get back to plan :)

Yep read new mag last week and started with loads of motivation, but every little thing seems to send me off plan at the mo! Seeing 11st 2lbs on the scales at home this morning should have been enough to shock me into being good, but instead I ate a load of meringues and kitkats! :rolleyes: No excuses for tomorrow, going to start the day with a run (as long as this supposed storm hasn't brought down every tree in sight ;)) and overnight oats, and then am going to do a big roast dinner so I can use the leftovers for lots of healthy meals up until weigh day next week :) I have got to get back on this, am so jealous of the fabulous weight you've got to Lauren!! x

Back