Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Was so tasty! :)

Was half good, half bad yesterday, need to get back on it today! Scales went back up to 11st 2lbs yesterday after Saturday's cake so need to get them back down to 11st minimum by Weds for official weigh-in!

Yesterday...
Breakfast: Omelette with Ham, Spring Onion, Tomato & Cheese (HEA)
Lunch (out): Crab & Corander Linguine, Diet Coke
Dinner: Low Fat Supernoodles, Grapes
Snacks: Hifi (HEB), Apple, 6 Babybel Light (2 x HEA), Small Bowl of Low Fat Granola (?), Danio Yogurt (3)

So well over syns and healthy extras, oops! Should have had a bigger dinner and filled myself up more but didn't feel mega hungry after the big lunch out, and then ended up being picky. Luckily there wasn't anything too naughty in the house or it could have ended up much worse!!

Today is a day off work (before going back to the old job I really don't want to do tomorrow :( ) and is a chance to get on top of xmas shopping without the crowds, interviews, and all the other little bits and pieces I didn't do this weekend :)

Breakfast: Yogurt (2.5)
Lunch: Cheese (HEA), Ham & Tomato Pasta (HEA), Apple
Dinner: Stew with Potatoes & a Roll (HEB)

Hope you're all having good Mondays! x

They're brilliant aren't they! I managed to tick a good few things off my list, feels gooood :D Including an interview for a potential job down south, eeek! :D

Good food day, although having major choc cravings!!

Lunch: Cheese (HEA), Ham & Tomato Pasta, Apple
Dinner: Stew with Parsnips, Broccoli & a WW Petit Pain (HEB) with low fat spread (1) and a drizzle of honey on the parsnips (0.5)
Snacks: 2 advent calendar chocs (2)

WP_001045 (2).jpg

Summary (EE): 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 3.5 Syns

All prepared for tomorrow, gym in the morning and sushi for my lunch! Please give me a maintain or a loss for Weds! :D x

Evening ladies!

Back to work today and it was crap... proper politics going on in the office and people being very snide, not loving being back in my old role at all! On the plus side I'm now sat by the kitchen which means unlimited cups of tea! :D

Good day on the exercise front, both gym and pilates done, although didn't really rate the pilates class compared to my usual Thursday one, think I've gotten spoilt with the one I go to!

Exercise: Gym
Breakfast: Yogurt, Tea (0.5)
Lunch: Sushi (2.5), Apple, Grapes
Snack: Banana, Tea (0.5), 4 Sugarfree Mints (1)
Exercise: Pilates
Dinner: Pasta n Sauce (1)
Snacks: Hifi (HEB), 6 Laughing Cow Extra Light (HEA), Advent Calendar Choc (1)

Summary (Green): 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 6.5 Syns, Gym, Pilates

Half way to the weekend by the end of tomorrow! xx

Last edited:
Evening ladies!

Checking in as I have got THE hugest choc cravings today, so am hoping that writing down what I have eaten / am going to eat will help me stay on the straight and narrow for Saturday's weigh-in, seeing as I've got 2 work nights out to negotiate before then, eek! :eek: Don't let me give into the temptation!!

Breakfast: Boiled Eggs with Wholemeal Roll (HEB) and low fat spread (1), Tea (0.5)
Snacks: Raspberries, Persimmon
Lunch: Butternut Squash & Red Pepper Soup, Sushi (2.5), Satsumas
Snacks: Apple, Ham, 8 Sugarfree Mints (2)
Dinner: Pulled Pork with SW Chips, Roast Parsnips & Broccoli, with BBQ Sauce
Snacks: Koko Choc Milk (HEA), Milky Bar (3.5)

Summary (EE): 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 9.5 Syns

WP_001065.jpg

Tomorrow...
Breakfast: Yogurt, Banana, Raspberries
Lunch: Sushi, Apple, Persimmon
Dinner (Out): Pate, Beef Rump, Chocolate Mousse, Glass of Wine (?! Syns!)

Day after...
Breakfast: Yogurt, Banana, Hifi
Lunch: Ham & Cheese Salad
Dinner: Fish & Veg
Drinks: 6 x Single Vodka & Diet Cokes

Saturday...
Weigh-In! Wonder what I can achieve with all that lot?!

Wish me luck!! And please talk me down from this horrendous chocolate craving!!

xx

Last edited:
Get a 2 syn options hot choc sachet in ya! Squirty cream too. SO filling the choc shaped gap in my life every evening right now! Squirty cream is 1/2 syn per 3tbsp :) do it! :D

Your week is looking good ^.^

Get a 2 syn options hot choc sachet in ya! Squirty cream too. SO filling the choc shaped gap in my life every evening right now! Squirty cream is 1/2 syn per 3tbsp :) do it! :D

Your week is looking good ^.^

Very good advice, already got my Cadbury's Mug and my sachet of Highlights ready on the worktop! :D

Went to Waitrose to get tomorrow's lunch and picked up a 6 pack of Milky Bars - only 3.5 Syns each so slowly nibbling away at one of those now :D And then I'm going to take myself to bed, early night needed - am all achy and am really hoping it's from Pilates yesterday rather than me coming down with a bug :nightf:

Hello everyone, it's been a while!!

The Christmas festivities are finally almost over, so it's time to come back with my tail between my legs, a lot of extra lbs put on, a slightly flabby belly, and a renewed determination to get to target in 2014 :)

Went back to group on Friday to get weighed in and see what the damage was - 5lbs on since the start of December! :eek: And a sneaky weigh-in this morning after eating the last of the Xmas goodies over the last few days revealed a shocking 11st 8.5lbs!! :eek: Which would equate to 7.5lbs on since the start of December if I can't start shifting it before next weigh-in!!

So I'm back here to get back on the straight and narrow. I'm going to start a weekly photo diary as well as the usual lbs off/on (hopefully less of the latter!) so I can physically see my changes, in the hope that it'll keep me spurred on to target :)

Cuba is planned for November 2014 (although not booked yet, hopefully soon!)... so that gives me 10 months to lose 2 stone... even losing half a lb a week would get me almost to target by then (2lbs a month x 10 months = 24lbs), so that HAS to to achievable if I set my mind to it! :D

I'm going to get back into a nice body magic routine again too - Zumba on Monday, Pilates on Thursday, Pilates or Parkrun on Saturday. So that'll be 3 definite exercise slots each week, along with using the work gym when I can :) Oh, and I'm going to try to finally complete 30 Day Shred after failing to ever get past level 2!! Hehe! :D

I'm back to menu planning as well, and have just sat and planned out the week to come until next weigh-in, and am about to go and do my first healthy food shop in about a month!! ;) Here's today's plan...

B - Mullerlight, All Bran Choc Crunch (B)
L - Sweet Chilli Supernoodles
D - Morroccan Lamb & Butternut Squash Tagine with Couscous (3)

Hope you've all had good Christmasses and haven't been as good at piling the pounds on as me?! And has anyone got to target in that time?! (Lauren I'm pointing at you!!) :D

So anyways, I am back, and back on it.... so wish me luck! :D Will be back later today with my starting photo...

Nicola xxx

We all come crawling back ha I've put on had a stone too! We can do this! X

We can indeed! You'll have that half stone back off in no time! :D

Well it's end of day check in and photos time... please note that the mirror below is ultra-flattering, my legs are not actually that long haha! But my normal mirror is really narrow so not a good one for taking photos in. I'll take the photos in the same mirror each time so it'll be about the change from photo to photo rather than the absolute image!!

Food 30/12/13 - 9 Syns:
B - Mullerlight, All Bran Choc Crunch (B)
L - Sweet Chilli Supernoodles
D - Morroccan Lamb & Butternut Squash Tagine with Couscous (3)
S - Apple, Tea (pic below - my new tea set!) (A), Freddo Faces (6)

Teapot.jpg

Pics 30/12/13 - 11st 6lbs:
WP_001132.jpgWP_001135.jpg

Feel better for finally having had a day on plan :) Am going to be as good as I can tomorrow depending on what I do for NYE, but from NYD I am all set and ready with my menu plan to be on track! :D

Hasta manana chicas! x

Morning all,

day 1 of being back on plan done, phew! :) Hopefullly it'll start getting easier again as my body gets more used to natural foods rather than all the rubbish I've been eating!

My biggest dilemma today is what to do tonight... I am so rubbish at making decisions!! I have the following options...

1) Chilled house party in London - really close friends but a 3 hour drive
2) House party in Tewkesbury - good old friends but likewise a long drive at 2 hours
3) House party and pub in Manchester - new friends that I'm not quite as close to, but fairly close distance-wise at 30 mins
4) House party in Manchester - friends of friends but really close distance wise being just around the corner
5) Stay home and ensure I wake up hangover free on NYD, but also risk being very bored haha!

I'm going to put them all in a hat and select one if I don't make my mind up soon!!

Food plans...
B - Mullerlight with Banana and All Bran Choc Crunch (B)
L - Moroccan Lamb Tagine leftovers with Couscous (3) and Butternut Squash Chips
D - We shall see, depends which of the options above I end up going for!! If I do something local then I'll be filling up with a Pasta n Sauce or something similar before going to help me avoid the nibbles :) If it's longer distance I might make a few sandwiches for the journey.
S - Pineapple, Melon, Apple

WP_001141.jpg

What are all your plans for tonight? xx

Heeeeey Nicola!!!!

I went wild for 4/5 days and my scales say I put on 4lbs!!!! :( but I've been back on plan 3rd day now so hopefully by Friday weigh in I can knock that in half?!!! Wishful thinking but I'm deliberately avoiding group tonight cos I want to try make that 4lbs disappear!! My home scales are always right so I know I'm expecting that number :(

I'm doing zilch tonight!! Home after work and making chicken teriyaki, and watch some films with hubby etc ;) ;) ;) haha!

Whatever you pick, enjoy!!! ^.^ love the kitty in the pictures with you!! What a sweetheart!

I say go for option 3 or 4... close by and it's always nice to start the new year with new people I think!! Never can have enough friends!! You might meet a tall, handsome, sexy stranger to have a little kiss with too ;)

You look great in those photos too Nic - teeny!!

I shall be back joining you all on plan from Monday 13th Jan - I hope a tan can hide a few(/loads) of sneaky excess pounds in the meantime!! Happy new year - I hope you have a great one whichever you decide :) xx

Heeeeey Nicola!!!!

I went wild for 4/5 days and my scales say I put on 4lbs!!!! :( but I've been back on plan 3rd day now so hopefully by Friday weigh in I can knock that in half?!!! Wishful thinking but I'm deliberately avoiding group tonight cos I want to try make that 4lbs disappear!! My home scales are always right so I know I'm expecting that number :(

I'm doing zilch tonight!! Home after work and making chicken teriyaki, and watch some films with hubby etc ;) ;) ;) haha!

Whatever you pick, enjoy!!! ^.^ love the kitty in the pictures with you!! What a sweetheart!

Aw sounds like a lovely plan for new year, did you have fun?? We'll have those pounds back off again soon, know what you mean about avoiding group until a few more are gone haha! I'm hoping for some kind of loss by this Friday, fingers crossed!! ;) And the kitty is my little Sophia who's getting all grown up!

I say go for option 3 or 4... close by and it's always nice to start the new year with new people I think!! Never can have enough friends!! You might meet a tall, handsome, sexy stranger to have a little kiss with too ;)

You look great in those photos too Nic - teeny!!

I shall be back joining you all on plan from Monday 13th Jan - I hope a tan can hide a few(/loads) of sneaky excess pounds in the meantime!! Happy new year - I hope you have a great one whichever you decide :) xx

Awww thanks hun, not feeling so teeny right now but looking forward to being it again soon! :D Have an amazing time on your hols, very jealous!! You have totally picked the right time of year to get out of this country and into the sunshine!! xx

Well HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!! :D I ended up going for Option 1 and trekked down to London, and was really pleased I did as we had an amazing time! I love being able to let your hair down properly with your closest friends - although am dreading the facebook pictures haha! Managed to stay 100% on plan foodwise for both yesterday and today, and the only slippage was the alcohol - but even then I stuck to champagne, gin & slimline and sambuca!! So low-ish syn options ;) Not feeling too hungover today either, which is a bonus and a very good thing considering I had to drive all the way back up to Manchester again!! So now it's 2014, and it's going to be my year I finally hit target :D

Yesterday's Food - Extra Easy - ??? Syns

B - Mullerlight with Banana and All Bran Choc Crunch (B)
L - Moroccan Lamb Tagine leftovers with Couscous (3)
D - Pasta with Cheese (A), Ham and Tomato
S - Pineapple, Melon, Apple, Tea (0.5) Gin, Slimline Tonic, Champagne, Sambuca

Today's Food - Green - 0 Syns
B - Beans on Toast (B), Tea, Squash
S - Banana
D - Mac N Cheese (A), Butternut Squash Chips
S - Hifi (B), Apple, Tea

WP_001148.jpg

Back in the swing :)

Hey lovely! Happy New Year! I need to catch up on your diary to see what you've been up to but hope you've had a super break.

Looks like you've been super good the last few days - I'm really looking forward to cooking up some SW feasts xx

Hey lovely! Happy New Year! I need to catch up on your diary to see what you've been up to but hope you've had a super break.

Looks like you've been super good the last few days - I'm really looking forward to cooking up some SW feasts xx

Hey mrs! Happy New Year! Fab to see you back :) Did you have a good xmas? I'm feeling so much better for getting back on plan now, I'd forgotten how much I love cooking and creating, and my skin's already starting to look better from all the fresh ingredients :) x

Well good morning everyone, just had to share my breakfast with you today as it was AMAZING.... Banana and Nutella on Sweet Eggy Bread - tasted like I'd died and gone to chocolate heaven! :D Big kudos to my consultant for giving me the idea!!

WP_001155.jpg

So that's a start of hopefully another good day, here's the plan...

B - Choconana Eggy Bread (B) (2)
L - Leftover Mac N Cheese (A)
D - Thai Red Chicken Curry (Syns TBC - depends how much coconut milk I put in)

It's a gorgeous day up here, so I think I'm going to have a walk down into town to do a bit of body magic - it's probably about a 40 min walk each way, so should all help for tomorrow's weigh-in :D And speaking of scales, did a cheeky jump on them this morning and they're down to 11st 4.25lbs, so heading in the right direction! NYE and all the alcohol doesn't appear to have done too much damage, phew! :D

xx

Wowzers - that brekkie looks immense! Definitely going to be trying that over the weekend! Loving your consultant for that gem of an idea!

I'm really excited about being back on plan and have started meal planning already. A big shop is definitely in order to stock up on super-free, then there will be no stopping me!

A walk in the sunshine sounds like a good plan. I'm not loving being in the office today at all! xx

I love doing the first big healthy shop after an age of being bad - it feels so good to spend all your time zipping past the chocolate and crisps aisles and the colours in the trolley always look fab from all the fresh fruit and veg! :)

Went out for my walk at 2pm and didn't get back til 4.30pm!! 2.5hrs of body magic done! :D And a little bit of shopping to boot, although I have to say, there's nothing like the thought of having to carry it all home to make you weigh up the shopping choices sensibly ;)

End of day check-in...

02/01/14 - 9.5 Syns, 2.5 Hrs Walk

B - Choconana Eggy Bread (B) (2)
L - Leftover Mac N Cheese (A)
S - Ham Slices, Melon & Pineapple, Squash, Magic Stars (3.5)
D - Thai Red Chicken Curry (4) with Rice & Green Veg
E - 2.5 hour Walk

WP_001160.jpg

Weigh-in tomorrow morning, everything crossed for a loss after my first week back on plan!!

x

Last edited:
Back