Night out with the husband

strawberryshortcake

Silver Member
Hi there

I am new to minimins and this is my first post so please bear with me.

I started Slimming World two weeks ago and lost 6.5 pounds so far. My husband is taking me out to a Chinese Restaurant on Saturday - the first time in ages!!!!! :D
I am really nervous as I'm quite happy with the Slimming World EE and fear that all my hard work so far will go terribly pear shaped. But I don't want to be all preoccupied with food decisions on my "date night" out as I am sooo much looking forward to it.

Can anybody help me regarding what I should eat or how to minimize the damage :eek: this night will do to my diet!!!

Thank you!!!!

First of all, well done on your fantastic loss so far. That's great :)

Chinese is probably one of the more Slimming World friendly choices when eating out / getting a takeaway! Plain boiled rice is completely free, and there are plenty of low Syn choices such as:

- Chicken in Oyster Sauce, 4.5 Syns
- Beef with Mushrooms, 4.5 Syns
- Chicken or Beef in Black Bean Sauce, 5 Syns
- Ginger & Garlic Prawns with Noodles, 5 Syns
- Chicken & Mushroom, 5.5 Syns

You can find a more extensive list of chinese foods and their Syn values on this thread --> http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-eating-out/148988-chinese-takeaway.html :)

Oooh date night lucky you hehe :D

Well what i tend to do when eating out which is not often *Glares at oblivious hubby* ;) is stick to lighter choices like boiled rice with your meal is syn free, order a small starter if you even order one like small hot and sour soup is about 5-6 syns give or take.

Stay away from fried or battered foods like sweet and sour chicken dont get the battered if poss

Noodle dishes can be quite slimming world friendly too chicken chop suey with noodles[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] is a fab 5½ Syns according to the slimming world website :) [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Try and stay away from pastrys if poss like spring rolls etc .... but most of all have fun :D [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]P.s Just noticed while typing Princess_stevie's post and i agree with her :)....... Ooohhh i want Chinese now lol!

Enjoy your date night :)
[/FONT]

Sorry for the late reply...had to fetch my poorly sin from school, so had a very lazy telly day today. Thank you so much for all your suggestions, i feel a bit less stressed now, knowing i can still have my favourites like chicken chop suey
can't wait for my night out!!!!
this time round losing the weight will be a lot easier knowing i have such huge support from this site...thanks for helping me with my first post!!!

Back