Night out

Felix

Gold Member
Hello all :)

I'm going to visit my friend next weekend as she is down in Leicester at uni and I haven't seen her for a year! We are going on a night out (I haven't been out for so long!) and I know a lot of alcohol will be involved..

I'm not going to worry myself about not losing anything because of going out for the night, because I won't expect to. But what's the best thing to drink? I usually have a vodka lime & soda.

I've already warned her I'm on this diet and I'll take my shakes down with me an hopefully find something I can eat when I'm there.

Thanks in advance!

Alcohol while on ketosis is advised against I'm afraid; it can be dangerous - http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...ation/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html

It also increases risk taking ... hence the "i'll have a kebab and sod the consequences" behaviour.

I know you want to enjoy the weekend but I think it's a case of deciding what is the most important factor to you at the moment. What ever you decide just be careful x

I drank water all night last night whilst everyone got wasted and i still had a laugh......and no hangover - YAY!

Snap Rumbly .. i was on water all last night too while the other girls polished off bottle after bottle of wine. I felt fine and waking up without having to battle a hangover and cravings for fried egg sambos this morning was great!!!

Felix -- go but just plan for it! As Determinator says.. if you want to have a drink then ring your CDC and work out a plan and then enjoy the weekend. It's important you don't hide during this process otherwise you may start feeling "left out" and resentful and that's not good.

I drink pints of diet coke when i am out :)

Hmmm I'm really not sure what to do now. I was going to cancel before but decided today that I would go. I'll ask my CDC's advice tomorrow. Thanks for your help guys :)

Back