night out...

lilpixiesue

I am going out on Friday with my sister for dinner and I can't decide what to do.
2 weekends ago I had a night out and I was super good, went for a curry and had chicken dhansak with boiled rice, and drank diet coke all night (even goin on to a cocktail party after). That week i lost 3lb. Then last Friday I went out for a good friend's birthday and drank far too much and ate loads. I was good the rest of the week and still lost half a pound which i was happy with considering!

But i really need more than a half pound weight loss this week!

What do you do for a night out? Throw caution to the wind and eat and drink what you fancy, hopin you can pull it back the rest of the week? Or be good and plan and stick to sensible choices and diet drinks?

I just can't decide which I want more, the weight loss or the fun night out :eek: part of me thinks I have all the time in the world to lose weight, and life is for living... but i really want to lose weight and get to target soon as I can!

eek

I'd just stick to low drinks, vodka and diet mixer? And be as good as I possibly could with the food. But if you want the fun with no counting then just do it, I know we all wanna lose weight but we all deserve a break now and again and we can't let it rule our lives. Just don't binge and be 100% on plan the rest of the time. Might not be goody goody advice and people might disagree but to me if we were ridgedly sticking to plan all the time and never having a small treat then life would be boring.

Went out sat with my hubby, sister & bil & as it was so nice stopped at the pub for a drink. Had a spritzer which was my first for weeks. We then went out for dinner at another pub & I chose what I though was wisely from a limited menu. Chicken skewers with a sweet chilli dip to start, sea bream, new pots & salad for main. Polished my halo & sat back for the food to arrive.

Chicken skewers were in a tempura like batter! (counted syns as sweet & sour chicken balls, but the batter was much thinner). Eek! Then the main course arrived. The fish was ok but the potatoes had obviously been covered in butter(none on the plate so assume this was done in the saucepan) & thankfully the salad had balsamic dressing. It all tasted lovely but I felt so guilty eating it!

Just goes to show that no matter how good you think you're being you aren't always in control. Ive tried to get back on track this week but feel as if I've put on weight.

Heaven only knows what will happen on holiday. 2 weeks fully all inclusive. Arrrggghhh! :)

Back