Night Shift/Can't Sleep

shenzi

Gold Member
Hi All

Well as the title suggests, is there any others on here that fancy a chat overnight to stop ourselves when on shift from falling asleep, and to keep ourselves out the kitchen/vending machine etc. Or perhaps you just can't sleep it always helps having someone to talk to!

Ill tell you a little bit about me, Im Emma, I have lost 3 stone 13lbs on slimming world so far, still quite away to go but closer to goal then I was a year ago! I work 3 nights a week, which means even for the rest of the week my body clock is shot to pieces!

I look forward to hearing from others xx

Last edited:
Prob bit late now as guessing you finished and sleeping by now but very well done on your slimming world achievements:)

Hi Emma - can't help (only ever did night shift when I was on exercise in the Army - couldn't be doing with it :D ).

Just wondering what sort of work are you supposed to be doing if you need someone to chat to to keep from falling asleep or visiting the kitchen?

Im a care worker, but work on my own overnight, there's only a few bits that need doing, Im there just in case :)

kimmykins2008 said:
Prob bit late now as guessing you finished and sleeping by now but very well done on your slimming world achievements:)

Thank you kimmy x

Im a care worker, but work on my own overnight, there's only a few bits that need doing, Im there just in case :)

Ah yes, I can see where you're coming from. Well done you - my daughter used to be in the same line (both in nursing homes & individual's private homes). I'm assuming your shifts are 'waking nights' but with only being there just in case, it must be hard having to stay awake.

Minimunchkins said:
Ah yes, I can see where you're coming from. Well done you - my daughter used to be in the same line (both in nursing homes & individual's private homes). I'm assuming your shifts are 'waking nights' but with only being there just in case, it must be hard having to stay awake.

Yep there waking nights and then someone doing a sleep in. It can be very hard to stay awake especially when its the first night!X

shenzi said:
Yep there waking nights and then someone doing a sleep in. It can be very hard to stay awake especially when its the first night!X

We have waking nights in my company with a cleaning schedule and ironing, they had to do a schedule as people were sleeping then doing a rush job cleaning/ironing just before shift change , now if management turn up at three am and the loo hasn't been cleaned or whatever then explanations are needed!

Shirleen said:
We have waking nights in my company with a cleaning schedule and ironing, they had to do a schedule as people were sleeping then doing a rush job cleaning/ironing just before shift change , now if management turn up at three am and the loo hasn't been cleaned or whatever then explanations are needed!

Eek! We have a cleaning schedule but due to our people have epilepsy, we have to be extra quiet just in case we need to help them and they are all extremely light sleepers, I can't understand how anyone could fall asleep what if something happens? I know I said to stop me falling asleep but I don't think I ever actually could!

shenzi said:
Eek! We have a cleaning schedule but due to our people have epilepsy, we have to be extra quiet just in case we need to help them and they are all extremely light sleepers, I can't understand how anyone could fall asleep what if something happens? I know I said to stop me falling asleep but I don't think I ever actually could!

To be fair it's only one scheme I think, he's a lazy so and so though! I used to pile up his crappy ironing and label it do he HAD to do it again.

Shirleen said:
To be fair it's only one scheme I think, he's a lazy so and so though! I used to pile up his crappy ironing and label it do he HAD to do it again.

Lol at least you got your own back! for 4 people we normally have a mountain of ironing that needs doing, Im sure the fairies come out and put it in, takes about 3 hours! I have caught people asleep on the night when Ive been on the sleep in, for some reason they turn all the lights off tv off get a blanket, and then can't understand why they fell asleep weird! Ive said many a time though if I was management id be knocking on the door at 3/4am to see what we were up too! Never hurts to keep people on the toes!x

shenzi said:
Lol at least you got your own back! for 4 people we normally have a mountain of ironing that needs doing, Im sure the fairies come out and put it in, takes about 3 hours! I have caught people asleep on the night when Ive been on the sleep in, for some reason they turn all the lights off tv off get a blanket, and then can't understand why they fell asleep weird! Ive said many a time though if I was management id be knocking on the door at 3/4am to see what we were up too! Never hurts to keep people on the toes!x

I've never done a night shift as I would fall asleep! Our co regularly does 3am raids lol!

Back