Night shift workers

sarahaa

Hi all, I haven't done many nights since starting Sw but I was wondering how you all manage on your first night, as it inevitably means I'm awake for more than 24 hours and eat overnight. Tonight I am going to take some super speed soup, loads of fruit and a Sw flapjack, but do u count overnight in today's syns or tomorrow's?

Curious to see anyone's responses

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,
I am relatively new to slimming world but work 2 nights a week.
If I was working tonight I would eat normally today and total syns before I go in.
Anything I eat at work I class as the next days hex and syns. I usually take in a box of salad, plenty of fruit and always have a mug shot in the bottom of my bag if I am hungry!
When I get home I have my 'breakfast' and go to bed. I don't eat at lunch time then have early dinner around 5pm.
It seems to be working at the moment.
Congratulations on your loss so far!

Hi Sarah. Im just getting ready to go to work just now. I'll count everything I have eaten today and what I'll eat tonight as one day as I will of been up for 24 hours.

I'll have a light fruit/yoghurt breakfast in the morning before i go to bed which I'll count in with tomorrow, but it will be sin free anyway. I'll do the same tomorrow but I'll be in bed for a large portion of the day before I go to work tomorrow night.

Tonight I am taking a large tuna salad with some fruit and a yoghurt. I have beans and mug shots in case I get desperate, although the mug shots are a last resort as I really don't like processed foods.

All I can suggest is just see how you go and see what works for you. I find I can't eat big carb laden meals on a night shift anyway as it can make me quite sick. I remember it well from the takeaway and pizza days.

I count everything as the same day till I go to sleep after my shift,I eat a small meal before work (at teatime) then another small meal at work and fruit and an Alpen light to snack on xx

Well I went with the best of intentions, and it went a bit to pot! I ate a few sweets and a chocolate at work, and have got home and had to stay up whilst hubby went to doctors- and lost it! I've had toast, flapjack, alpen light bar and half a choc digestive..... Bloody nights! I'm tired and my guard is down :(

I will be back on plan A1 after my sleep....

Thanks for your replies
sarah cx

I tend to count food midnight to midnight. Like tonight anything I ate up till midnight was yesterday. Anything I eat now will be classed as today....

My shifts at Work are all over the place so this seemed the logical way to do it..

Hope anyone on a night shift is managing to stay awake, I think Im going to be asleep in a minute lol

im on nights too this week. i dont find it tooo bad i suppose. i try to have breakfast when i get in then when i wake up have some lunch and then dinner about 8/9 ish just before i start at half 10 and hope that takes me through the night. il have a bottle of water with me in work all the time and possibly a coffee at about half 12. i sometimes bring in fruit bags from asdas incase i really really am peckish but i try to treat it as if its a normal day so not eating during the hours i would usually be asleep.

i just find my WI results arent as good on weds mornings as they would be on other days.

i do three shifts so i have to jiggle my WI's around aswell, 2 mornings and one evening class on a three week rota. ive been told to take my monthly loss and divide it by 4 and get my average weight loss because its so all over the place.

Back