Nights out

Alex C.

How do people cope with counting for big nights out? I'm obsessively accurate with my calorie counting, down to weighing the mayonaise I use :)

I've got a 'big weekend' away coming up soon. I can guarantee it will be a Friday/Saturday involving Wetherspoons Breakfasts (1500 calories in the large ones!), McDonalds, maybe a kebab or chicken burger in the evening, not to mention lots of pints and sugary drinks.

Now I could compromise and try to not order fries with my McDonalds, or try to get a small breakfast instead of a large, but I can't see that happening when I'm away, particularly when everyone else is having one.

So should I still try and calorie count (easy when I'm sober, not so easy when I'm not!) or just abandon that idea, and leave those days out of my diary? :)

Heyy Alex! :)

Personally, I think if I knew I wouldn't be able to compromise and cut back on the breakfast/mcdonalds/kebabs/alcohol, then I would get frustrated trying to count it all (and then be a grumpy bum because I'd then know how many calories I'd actually gone and consumed!! :p)

I think every now and again we're allowed a treat, we're only human :) so I would forget about calorie counting for that weekend, enjoy yourself and then draw a line under it and start again when your weekend away's over :)

Even though you may not lose anything that week, just be happy in the knowledge that you had a good weekend away and can get back on track :)

Hope this helps?? :p

Thats defenitly really good advice! I have quite a few nights out! Although im not really calorie counting im just healthy eating and chosing lower cal options but when i go out i would say just let your hair down!! I know its important to us all to lose weight but at the end of the day life is for living! you can always come back to calorie counting after, have a good one! :)

Thanks for the advice :) went away - it was fine, I drunk a lot, but I wasn't as hungry I used to be, and actually didn't finish a three meals over the weekend (which would have never happened before!)

Weighed in on coming back to a 3lbs gain over the weekend. I suspect part of that is just random variation (there's no way I ate an 18000 calories over 3 days!), but it means I've lost 6lbs in 3 weeks so I'm perfectly on target!

Glad you had a good time away - you'll probably find you have a pretty decent loss next week, because as you say it's highly unlikely that that three pounds is real weight gain. Good luck!

I'll also have the same problem in 2 weeks time as im going to Cardiff for a girlie weekend away!! Ive already said im trying to lose as much weight and be extra good before i go so whatever i put on, won't upset me too much!! My problem will be the calories in drinks.....i looooove my cheeky vimtos!! (sugar overload lol!) :) x

Back