Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Nights out

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Alex C., 13 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Alex C.

Alex C. Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.75%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    How do people cope with counting for big nights out? I'm obsessively accurate with my calorie counting, down to weighing the mayonaise I use :)

I've got a 'big weekend' away coming up soon. I can guarantee it will be a Friday/Saturday involving Wetherspoons Breakfasts (1500 calories in the large ones!), McDonalds, maybe a kebab or chicken burger in the evening, not to mention lots of pints and sugary drinks.

Now I could compromise and try to not order fries with my McDonalds, or try to get a small breakfast instead of a large, but I can't see that happening when I'm away, particularly when everyone else is having one.

So should I still try and calorie count (easy when I'm sober, not so easy when I'm not!) or just abandon that idea, and leave those days out of my diary? :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lozzy Gozzy

Lozzy Gozzy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting <3
    Heyy Alex! :)

Personally, I think if I knew I wouldn't be able to compromise and cut back on the breakfast/mcdonalds/kebabs/alcohol, then I would get frustrated trying to count it all (and then be a grumpy bum because I'd then know how many calories I'd actually gone and consumed!! :p)

I think every now and again we're allowed a treat, we're only human :) so I would forget about calorie counting for that weekend, enjoy yourself and then draw a line under it and start again when your weekend away's over :)

Even though you may not lose anything that week, just be happy in the knowledge that you had a good weekend away and can get back on track :)

Hope this helps?? :p

4. Jellybaby19

Jellybaby19 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.41%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Thats defenitly really good advice! I have quite a few nights out! Although im not really calorie counting im just healthy eating and chosing lower cal options but when i go out i would say just let your hair down!! I know its important to us all to lose weight but at the end of the day life is for living! you can always come back to calorie counting after, have a good one! :)

5. Alex C.

Alex C. Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.75%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks for the advice :) went away - it was fine, I drunk a lot, but I wasn't as hungry I used to be, and actually didn't finish a three meals over the weekend (which would have never happened before!)

Weighed in on coming back to a 3lbs gain over the weekend. I suspect part of that is just random variation (there's no way I ate an 18000 calories over 3 days!), but it means I've lost 6lbs in 3 weeks so I'm perfectly on target!

6. PhoenixsHonour

PhoenixsHonour Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Glad you had a good time away - you'll probably find you have a pretty decent loss next week, because as you say it's highly unlikely that that three pounds is real weight gain. Good luck!

7. crazyasadaizy

crazyasadaizy Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.49%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'll also have the same problem in 2 weeks time as im going to Cardiff for a girlie weekend away!! Ive already said im trying to lose as much weight and be extra good before i go so whatever i put on, won't upset me too much!! My problem will be the calories in drinks.....i looooove my cheeky vimtos!! (sugar overload lol!) :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.