Nightshifts tonight and tomorrow

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by vickydink, 7 April 2009 Social URL.

1. vickydink

vickydink Determined!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone

I have changed my shifts to night 21:00-7:00 for tonight and tomorrow. The NHS needs me! lol

I am panicking now as to whether this will mess my dietting up. I am still counting the calories but i am worrying with regards to the fats being stored with me eating through the night?? I will prob then sleep tomorrow from about half 7 until about 2ish.

Could someone help me with this?

I have had Weetabix and for work i am taking:
    Veg stew stuff i make myself
    Celery and carrot with cheese and chive dip
    salt and vinegar snackajacks

then prob a cereal bar and banana.

I think to get me through though i will need to take a small low cal choc bar though just to get me through those last few hours.

I will no doubt be drinking coffee and water through the night.

Any help will be greaty appreciated :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. kered

kered Gold Member

I dont know how energetic your job is, but I also work nights. I work 2 x 12 hour days, then 2 x 12 hour nights, then 4 days off. What I tend to do is on my first nightshift, I eat about 4 hours later for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Therefore I finish my main meal around midnight.

On the second I am in bed until about 1 in the afternoon, so I start my breakfast then.

This has had no effect on me since I started dieting. Good luck.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.