Nikki's Weight Loss Diary - New to Lipotrim!

Nikki-G

Hey guys!

Never dieted before, my weight shot up when I fell pregnant 8 years ago and has steadily gone up and up ever since. I now weigh 14st 12.5lb. My plan is to not have a target weight as such (or maybe I'm too scared of posting it incase I fail?!) but to get down to a weight where I'm comfortable enough to start going to the gym/exercise classes etc & lose & maintain my weight through healthy eating & exercise (without the need for extremities!)

So here goes!
I'm just coming to the end of day for now but here's how the first few days have gone:
-Day 1- wasn't as bad as I'd thought. I'm very fussy with food and was worried about whether I'd be able to stomach the shakes. I tried the choc in the morning which wasn't too bad, strawberry for lunch which I really struggled with and won't be tryin again! Then I had the chicken soup for tea, I put a pinch of pepper in it, I wasn't sure whether that was allowed...I now know it could mess up and prevent Ketosis so DON'T DO IT!!! Chicken soul wasn't too bad.

-Day 2- Struggled a little more in day 2, I wasn't feeling hungry as such, it was more the thought of what's ahead and how long the journey will be! Tried vanilla for breakfast, again, really struggled and won't be trying again for a while! Choc for lunch, chicken for tea.

-Day 3- Friday and had a night out planned. Day time was fine, was feeling really rough though, im not sure if it's just Ketosis kicking in or I'm I'll or both but I've got a sore throat leaving a horrible taste in my mouth, blocked up/runny nose, headaches, cold, lil bit shakey. Still in high spirits though surprisingly! And not had any wobbles like day 2! :eek:)

-Day 4-

Yey! Night out lat night, a real test, long story but basically, i don't drink that much, but if there was ever a night where I needed a drink...it was last night! But no, water all night :eek:). It was weird being out though with how I felt, I don't think I was ready for it to be honest. I felt quite weak at times, and was really really sweaty!!!:-O Not normally a hugely sweaty person, must be all the water!
So coming to the end of day four now and have struggled a little today. Have had to do the super market trip for the first time today buying shopping for my partner & son. Also have struggled because it has had to be very different from a usual Saturday with regards to what we do for the day and the eve. (don't want to keep mentioning the F word by I'm sure you all know what I mean!)
Glad I found this website, I need to do this for my health and my happiness and that I those who love me. All of your stories and diaries help so much.

Going to try and add my ticker now...not sure I know how to do it:-/

Xxxx

TARGETS

• Get into the 13's
• Buy a top from Dorothy Perkins :eek:)
• Get into the 12's
• Buy a maxi dress for the summer!
• Get into the 11's
• Do a full month of doing 30 mins every other day on the exercise bike
• Get into the 10's!
• Go to a Zumba class with confidence
• Go to the swimming baths (first time in years)

Hi hunnie

I have recently started too. Started nearly same weight as you and have almost as much to loose. I've set goal at 10 stone 10 but would be overjoyed with 11. You are doing the right thing, I put on 6 stone in my pregnancy 8 yrs ago. Never lost it all, so when i got pregnant again I was already 3 stone overweight. Ended up 17 stone 8 and it gets harder to lose every time.
I am now on day 11 and have to agree found day 4 the hardest. I have to take it 1 day at a time but did have a wobble last sat night. Its tough the changes you have to make to your whole life isnt it?
I have to cook for 3 kids everyday so that alone is a struggle but weekends are the hardest i find.
Well done for getting thru a night out tho:) I couldnt (hence fail last saturday) and have ditched my social life for a while at least... hopefully will be worth it.
You will get lots of support here and I find writing the diary helpful & reading others is motivational.

Good luck chick x x x :4633:

Hi Siany,

Thanks for the reply, you're situation seems very similar to mine! I only have the one little boy to cook for and I must admit, where possible I'm staying out of the kitchen and getting my partner to make my son's meals! I'm sure he's not going to be so gracious about that soon though!
Yes it's pretty much every aspect of day to day life we have to change isn't it? It will be so worth it though when I can go out with my mates and not be the one that looks out of place with all these girls with lovely figures. Go in holiday without worrying about whether the sun loungers can take my weight. Urgh, I shudder just thinking about that feelin. Not to mention seatbelts on the plane :(
So how are you finding the shakes and soup etc? Have you had you're first weigh in?xx

End of day 5!!! Woohoo! Had a sneaky weigh in this morning at home...I didn't really want to but my partner said I should...then I got impatient and excited and gave in! I think my scales are out and I will prob be a little disappointed at the chemist on Tuesday but...drumroll...they are telling me I've lost 7lb in 4 days!!!! :-O can't actually believe it. Def spurred me on to do this till I'm super slim & healthy!x

Hey guys!

Never dieted before, my weight shot up when I fell pregnant 8 years ago and has steadily gone up and up ever since. I now weigh 14st 12.5lb. My plan is to not have a target weight as such (or maybe I'm too scared of posting it incase I fail?!) but to get down to a weight where I'm comfortable enough to start going to the gym/exercise classes etc & lose & maintain my weight through healthy eating & exercise (without the need for extremities!)

So here goes!
I'm just coming to the end of day for now but here's how the first few days have gone:
-Day 1- wasn't as bad as I'd thought. I'm very fussy with food and was worried about whether I'd be able to stomach the shakes. I tried the choc in the morning which wasn't too bad, strawberry for lunch which I really struggled with and won't be tryin again! Then I had the chicken soup for tea, I put a pinch of pepper in it, I wasn't sure whether that was allowed...I now know it could mess up and prevent Ketosis so DON'T DO IT!!! Chicken soul wasn't too bad.

-Day 2- Struggled a little more in day 2, I wasn't feeling hungry as such, it was more the thought of what's ahead and how long the journey will be! Tried vanilla for breakfast, again, really struggled and won't be trying again for a while! Choc for lunch, chicken for tea.

-Day 3- Friday and had a night out planned. Day time was fine, was feeling really rough though, im not sure if it's just Ketosis kicking in or I'm I'll or both but I've got a sore throat leaving a horrible taste in my mouth, blocked up/runny nose, headaches, cold, lil bit shakey. Still in high spirits though surprisingly! And not had any wobbles like day 2! :eek:)

-Day 4-

Yey! Night out lat night, a real test, long story but basically, i don't drink that much, but if there was ever a night where I needed a drink...it was last night! But no, water all night :eek:). It was weird being out though with how I felt, I don't think I was ready for it to be honest. I felt quite weak at times, and was really really sweaty!!!:-O Not normally a hugely sweaty person, must be all the water!
So coming to the end of day four now and have struggled a little today. Have had to do the super market trip for the first time today buying shopping for my partner & son. Also have struggled because it has had to be very different from a usual Saturday with regards to what we do for the day and the eve. (don't want to keep mentioning the F word by I'm sure you all know what I mean!)
Glad I found this website, I need to do this for my health and my happiness and that I those who love me. All of your stories and diaries help so much.

Going to try and add my ticker now...not sure I know how to do it:-/

Xxxx

TARGETS

• Get into the 13's
• Buy a top from Dorothy Perkins :eek:)
• Get into the 12's
• Buy a maxi dress for the summer!
• Get into the 11's
• Do a full month of doing 30 mins every other day on the exercise bike
• Get into the 10's!
• Go to a Zumba class with confidence
• Go to the swimming baths (first time in years)

hi nikki, try some coffee in the vanilla shake? it really does make it taste nice! even just half a tea spoon! good luck with your diet!! xx

Hi daisey!

Thanks for the tip...I might try it, although I don't drink coffee as I've never liked it. Mind you...if I can stop doing something I've done at least 3 times a day for over 25 years...who knows! Haha.x

Nikki
I dont drink tea but alot of people like peppermint tea in the hot chocolate too. Its finding variations on a theme thats the trick!!

Day 7.

Well, one more shake to go tonight and then it's one full week down for me! Happy I've got week one out of the way, but...I'm feeling a bit rubbish right now! I know I shouldn't compare to other people etc but I've just had my first weigh in and have only lost 5.5lb. I know any loss is a good loss it just seems a little...little for the first week.

Even though it's not due for a couple of weeks...I think totm has come early?! Day before yesterday and has carried on but barely noticeable so I'm not sure what to think?!

I also bought some Ketostix and did my first test just now, I can't tell which colour I'm reading! It's very blurred, there's like a dot of darker colour in the middle but then all lighter around it, very pale. After havin this damn throat infection all week I don't know whether the nasty taste in my mouth is because of that or the ketones!

Anyway. On with week two any maybe get some exercise in if I'm feeling a bit less lightheaded & tired!xx

Day 7.

Well, one more shake to go tonight and then it's one full week down for me! Happy I've got week one out of the way, but...I'm feeling a bit rubbish right now! I know I shouldn't compare to other people etc but I've just had my first weigh in and have only lost 5.5lb. I know any loss is a good loss it just seems a little...little for the first week.

Even though it's not due for a couple of weeks...I think totm has come early?! Day before yesterday and has carried on but barely noticeable so I'm not sure what to think?!

I also bought some Ketostix and did my first test just now, I can't tell which colour I'm reading! It's very blurred, there's like a dot of darker colour in the middle but then all lighter around it, very pale. After havin this damn throat infection all week I don't know whether the nasty taste in my mouth is because of that or the ketones!

Anyway. On with week two any maybe get some exercise in if I'm feeling a bit less lightheaded & tired!xx

You are doing really well - I start LT tomorrow and am just looking ahead 12 weeks when I have some impressive stats to post! Dreading tasting these things and don't know what to expect! Keep the faith and roll on wk 2 xx

You should be really proud of your achievements with your night and your loss this week. I found I had to ditch the social life for 5 months but it was worth it in the end. don't give up totally on some of the shakes. YOu will find that your taste buds will change over the coming weeks . I found that I kept changing which shakes I liked (except the chocolate ones - I always enjoyed them!) Good luck and keep going your doing really well.

Thanks guys! Yeah my taste buds have already changed. I'm actually looking forward to the choc shakes now?! Never thought that would happen! Hope you're all doing well.x

Day 8

Start of week two and today has flown by. Been an easy day! When I think if the fact that I've got 3/4 months of this ahead of me...very daunting (pauses for a second whilst reaching for the remote to switch over as Master chef just came in tv...lol) and I find myself sayin 'god I don't know if I can do this for that long!' but the days are fine mostly so I just need to take it one day at a time & I'm sure the time will fly by. There will be some trials & tribe, ups & downs but I'm not going to stop until I reach my end goal and I'm going to do it as fast as I can! I'm feeling really positive about yesterday's loss now. So thank you for all your wise comments about it being my journey & not to compare myself to others. Everybody IS different & as long as I am 100% (erm...apart from the pepper in the soup which I haven't been able to ditch yet :-/) then I know I'm doing my best and thats all I can do and quite bloomin amazing when I really think about what I'm actually achieving. I mean what a challenge! To give up something I've done for 25 years! Hope the next week goes fast, going to make it a busy one then it'll be weigh day in no time & more spur-i-ness!!xx

Day 9

This is quite early for me to be posting! So after finding yesterday so easy, why isis today Si difficult?! I've thought about the f word alot! First time it's happened since starting 9 days ago really, to this extent anyway. Have still been 100% all day though and I don't think I'll let myself fail. I've got a dinner dance to go to in a few weeks, 5 to be exact! I need to lose as much as humanly possible before that!! It's a proper Ball type evening, gowns, the lot! And I don't know what the hell I'm going to wear! If anyone knows if where I can buy a nice plus size occasion dress...answers on a postcard! I'm so worried about it. I have to go but im worried I'll end up looking out of place if I can't find the right outfit!x

Dont go buying anything just yet babe! 5 weeks could mean you drop at least 1 dress size. And having a goal to look ahead to is really helpful. I have a wedding, and I found a beautiful dress on ebay which wont look good at my current size, but I printed the picture and stuck it in the kitchen. I find it stops me opening the fridge!!
will post picture of it below.....

Last edited:
$(KGrHqYOKpUE6U,F95f-BOukoRi47Q~~60_3.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Siany, wow that dress reAlly is beautiful! You'll outshine the bride lol.

Day 11.

Another day in the bag! Honk lol. Not impressed with totm outstanding it's welcome -.-
Been nearly a week now. Lipotrim def messes the old cycle up doesn't it! Been thinking about holidays loads today...and going out in a few months time...cute little playsuits, classy jumpsuits, maxi dresses, shorts, heels...Ahh it's what keeps me going, bit late as I've already lost about 7lb since starting-but I took some 'before' pics today and felt sick when I looked at them! But, it's just another thing that will keep me going!

Been a good day today! Ooh, apart from dropping my phone on my toe. That still really hurts and shortened my time on the exercise bike due the it swelling to the size of a rubber dingy and not fitting in my trainers!!! That is all. Haha, hope everyone has had an ok day!x

Day 12

Not a bad day, few challenges...namely having to go through the drive thru whilst my partner & son got their tea from there. That was fun! Bought a dress for the dinner dance today!! I probably should have waited but I loved really liked the dress and was worried that if I came back in four weeks they wouldn't have it! So I bought a size 18 which fits (achievement in itself!!) but will look much better after losing a few pounds...dinner dance is in 5 weeks :-/ felt really good buying a dress. It must have been about 5 years since I've worn one!

Supposed to be weighing in on Tuesday for week 2 but I'm going to try and go tomorrow, Tuesday's are really busy and inconvenient. Not expecting a big loss after last weeks slightly less than expected loss. Even though ive been 100% all the way through, I think this may be a slow journey for me!x

hI HUN

did you weigh in? Dont keep us in suspense!!!

Ooh I did! Haha, sorry, I posted on my weekly weigh in thread n forgot about this one! Another 5lb gone! And still totm :) very impressed with LT. I should get into the 13's next week and also hit the 1 stone loss milestone! Fingers crossed! How are you getting on?xx

Day 19

Had a really hard last few days to be honest. Thought about the 'F' word A LOT! Don't know why as I was finding it so easy. I never realised what a massive part of people's lives it is and how much they talk about it! Yesterday I was even considering eating something ketogenic and see if it harms my losses. I've got so far to go...but I'm just trying to think about how far I've already COME instead. 3rd weigh in tomorrow. Couldn't help but have a sneaky home weigh in yesterday and even though I know my scales are about 3lb's under, I think I've got them worked out and they're saying I've not lost anything at all this week! Not happy seeing as I've been 100% for 19 while days now! Im just hoping that they're really wrong or that I've had a massive loss in the last...day?! Haha, ever the optimistic me! Anyway, hope you're all doing well.x

Back