Nissi Beach

rainbow

Gold Member
Have booked to go to Nissi Beach Hotel (nissi beach, cyprus) for 11 days in August for our friends wedding - and I dont think I can wait that long! has anyone else been there before? Ive been to Cyprus before, but not to Nissi Beach xxx

very nice so i hear, havent been there personally but my husband was there when he was in the army

cool, thanks its always nice to hear other peoples views, thers only so much you can pick up from a travel advice report! x

Been to Cyprus but not Nissi beach

My boss went there 3 times last year - he loves it!!

Enjoy
xx

Hello i lived in Cyprus for 2 years and unfortunately i never got to stay there as it was near ayia napa and all armed forced based on the Island are banned from Ayia Napa square where all the main bars are. It is a beautifull country and i have drove through Nissi Beach and its lovely! The food in cyprus is amazin, especially if you like meat! Also taking a trip up north to the Turkish side is fun. Depends what you like to do. The beach at Nissi Beach is amazing. One thing i will say is in cyprus the Star rating are alot lower than over here. So 5* are lovely, 4* are ok but 3* and below can be a bit basic!
I wish i was going to Cyprus again but having spent 2 years there, i think i need to see the rest of the world lol.
If you want to know anything else let me know. Oh yes and dont forget the mozzie repellent little gits are everywhere!
Viki
xx

Hi Rainbow. I went there in 2006 stayed at the Tasia Maris (I think). It was brill. There was plenty to do in Nissi, loads of bars, beaches etc and best of all it was close enough to Ayia Napa but far enough away. Does that make sense?

Hi Nissi beach is fantastic, you'll love the food and night life.

I was stationed in Cyprus twice and loved it.

Molly, when was it put out of bounds? We used to go there in the early '80's.

thanks for your replies all. mozzies ey - god dam them!! i seem to attract them and come out in terrible hives, ended up with the poison going into my blood stream and them 'tracking' had to have a trip to the hospital!! was in lots of discomfort! we're at a 4* plus hotel, so that should be nice enough, my friends are having ther wedding at the actual hotel and they've been to see it so it should be fine!! x

Hiya. We're going to Cyprus in August too but we've not booked our accomodation yet. We're hoping to go to Paphos as it's supposed to be great for families. Anyone recommend anywhere to stay there? Nissi Beach sounds great too. I lived in Rhodes when I was younger so Greece has a place in my heart. I know I'm gonna just love Cyprus.

:)

We're hoping to go to Paphos as it's supposed to be great for families. Anyone recommend anywhere to stay there

Long time ago now Sherry but we stayed in the Diana apartments in central Paphos, 100 yds from the sea and right in the centre of the night life. Self catering and very basic but comfortable enough.

Long time ago now Sherry but we stayed in the Diana apartments in central Paphos, 100 yds from the sea and right in the centre of the night life. Self catering and very basic but comfortable enough.

That sounds great but I've googled it and the only ones coming up are for the Diana Garden Apartements which are quite new. Don't think it's the same ones.

We're thinking about All-Inclusive as the Euro is so dire just now.

Keep the suggestions coming folks - it's much appreciated. ;)

That's interesting Sherry, that is what ours were called, maybe they have rebuilt them? I think we went in '93 or '94.

Back