No choccies for Mother's Day!

stivesliz

Gold Member
As Mother's Day is this weekend I thought I would ask all you Yummy Mummies out there what gifts you would like to receive.

My kids know that choc is out of the question but I would like the 'We need to talk about Kevin' dvd.

And for those of you that do receive choccies - do you politely resist or chomp away happily? x

I'm not a yummy mummy but I am a mummy ;-) If I got chocolates then I'd syn them accordingly and enjoy them.

I'm sure I won't get them though, I'd prefer flowers but I don't mind if I don't get anything!

I want some flowers and for hubby and kids to cook for me would be nice ;)

I hate flowers!!

I'm going out for dinner on Sunday and i'll be having a wee bit of everything and that includes chocolate! if it causes a sts on Tuesday then so be it, life is too short and a fun day out with my family is more important than SW, my children every year get me a new Mummy mug and a box of Lindt chocolate, we all sit on my bed and have a wee bit of chocolate before breakfast, i couldn't possibly change that now that i'm on SW :)

I would like some flowers/plants for my window boxes; I do love a bunch of flowers but there is no point as they'll die.

Anyhow I don't think my 1 & 3 year old have mastered the art of shopping just yet! :8855:

If I did get chocolates like Jaylou I'd syn them.

I did get a lovely homemade flower & card yesterday from my son's pre-school, I absolutely love it!!!

I'm not a flowers kind of girl and not that sweet-toothed so can do without the chocs. Something suitably Doctor Who orientated would be nice :innocent0001: ;)

Well I havent had chocolate now for almost a month, so as its a special occasion and I know that my kids have already bought me chocolate I will be enjoying it but on Monday night after my weigh in .

I've had some home-made bits brought back from school and cubs already. They really are the best!

My card was a teapot with a teabag attached & 3 sweeties inside the teapot (but son ate them before he got in from school lol)

Love them...

Attachments

• Mother's Day Flower.jpg
    Mother's Day Flower.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Card.jpg
    Card.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 84
Im hoping to get gym gloves and a fit ball, after all I have dropped enough hints.
If I do get choccies I will eat a couple and then leave them on the table with any luck kids and hubby will have finished them within an hour!

My son got me tickets for a band I absolutely love, I am so over the moon, and very lucky, and the best bit is I get to go with him!

It wouldnt be mothers day without the gift of lurid pink and tangerine multi tonal carnations and a fibre optic glow in the dark peacock that plays a tune everytime you clap.

The look of delight on the kids expectant faces as you unwrap each item and the pride that they have purchased such a princely gift cant be matched.

Nowadays I get tasteful Kath Kidston kitchen ware and delightfully scented White company candles. All very lovely, but would I swap them for the lime green elephant with detachable tusks. Absolutely.

jilly said:
It wouldnt be mothers day without the gift of lurid pink and tangerine multi tonal carnations and a fibre optic glow in the dark peacock that plays a tune everytime you clap.

The look of delight on the kids expectant faces as you unwrap each item and the pride that they have purchased such a princely gift cant be matched.

Nowadays I get tasteful Kath Kidston kitchen ware and delightfully scented White company candles. All very lovely, but would I swap them for the lime green elephant with detachable tusks. Absolutely.

Aw I love their wee faces its priceless! My 3 yr old has a card for me, he came running out of nursery yesterday as proud as punch, it's orange with cotton wool, feathers etc and a wee hand print on it, it makes me go squishy every time I look at it! My 1 yr old obviously hasn't a clue whats going on she'll just be happy if there's chocolate lol and the other 2 (6 & 9) CANNOT wait to give me my present they said I'm gonna absolutely love it so I can't wait until Sunday morning! :)

I already know what I'm getting coz I was a helper on the school trip to make it!! We are fortunate to have a great place locally that the schools use for DT and so I am getting a mug that my daughter designed on the computer. It's awesome because it has all the elements of home made gift combined with practical useful item that will survive the test of time (provided I don't let anyone else near it!)

I'm not getting chocolates but if I did I would eat them slowly within my syns, that what I've been doing with my Christmas biscuits and chocolates (they're almost finished lol)

I have no idea what I am getting, all I've been told is its something little (which I don't mind its the thought that counts) and its not David Guetta.... I'm drilling it into my son that he needs to tell my boyfriend we still need flowers lol, as we picked some daffs today and I know what boyfriends like he'll think he doesn't need to get me a bunch of flowers now, but I never get bought flowers!!!

Back