No Food! Doctors orders!!

mrsmac247

Well friends as the title suggests the doctor has ordered me to abstain from food for 24 hours!! I have been really poorly all week with an upset stomach and went to the docs today who think i have food poisoning, the result of this is i must fast for 24 hours only drinking water and horror of horrors FIZZY DRINK during that time!

To top it off she said that after that period i must eat things like bread and biscuits and the like to build up my carbs slowly to see if i can hold it in:cry:

This is so totally against my SW plan, I really dont know what to do but i do want to get better as we are baptising my daughter on sunday and going for a eat as much as you like buffet:(

Aww I hope you feel better soon, it is much more important that you get yourself better than you stick to the plan. The sooner you are better the sooner you can optimise again. You will probably find that even though you might be eating the wrong sorts of food, you will not be eating too much of it because your stomach is still weak, so all is not lost.

**hugs**
Cobweb x

Poor you, you must have had it rough this last week.

I know it is going against what SW says - but you must follow your Dr's advice, get yourself well again and worry about SW later.

You must get your 'gut' right again and be able to keep food down, you will soon begin to lose when you start dieting 'proper' again.

Good luck to you and I hope you soon feel better. X

Last edited:
You poor thing that all sounds pretty horrible.

Like everyone else has said follow doctors orders until you are well and then get back on plan. Plan wise it may delay things a little (but probably not seeing as you haven't been able to eat), but it is much more important to be well.

Liz

thanks everyone it has been pretty rough coupled with a bad headache. You should have seen my face when she told me to eat biscuits! I havent touched them whilst on plan as they are so higly syned i would rather use my allowance on other things!

Really dont know how to cope on fluid alone but guess i will have to try anything is better than this. I am still fairly new this is my 4th week i just hope i dont undo all i have done with the carbs i need to start eating

Concentrate on getting better. If you aren't allowed to eat anything else, the biscuits won't be te end of the world.

Get better and don't worry about the carbs go green and do rice, pasta, cous cous and potato all good basic foods high in carbs and plain enough not to upset your tummy.

Yes concentrate on getting better. Flat coke is supposed to be good at settling a gippy tum. I presume diet coke would work too.

Yes concentrate on getting better. Flat coke is supposed to be good at settling a gippy tum. I presume diet coke would work too.

Sadly it has to be the full sugar variety as the sugars and salts help return the body to a stable electrolyte balance.
Rich tea biscuits are relativley low in syns and can help mop up the gastric juices but white rice is very good and soothing too. Slimming world naturally restricts the calories you are eating so if you are having very little, extra biscuits or bread will not affect your weight too much, However, weight often increases for an interim period after an episode of gastroenteritis. once the inflammtion of the gut has settled you will get a clearer idea of your weight. Get better soon hon xx

Thank you all so much for your kind and wise words of wisdom, BrightonRosie an extra thanks for your insight i understand a little better now why i need to eat certain stuff to get better.

Busy mam thanks as well, i could do green days for a little while never done them before so wouldnt have a clue what sort of a meal to make:)

And very true i have lost around 4 pounds since my weigh in on monday soes this mean when all is well i will gain in back:(

And very true i have lost around 4 pounds since my weigh in on monday soes this mean when all is well i will gain in back:([/QUOTE]
you may put a little of it back but try not to think about the numbers at this stage. it is only a glitch in the bigger picture xx
P.S i am glad I could be of help to you. (my medical background comes in handy sometimes lol)x

i had bowel prep which meant no food for 48 hours as i had bowel operation three weeks ago, i went back on to carbs slow, but your body has been starved and so you may see a gain in weight, but just give it a few days and then just follow s/world again, good luck x

I think the main thing is too look after your body and be kind to yourself. SW is for life so don't but the pressure on if you are ill. Focus on getting better :)

Back