No fruit or veg!!

michellem162

Hi can any1 tell me if this will still work if I follow extra easy with very little fruit and veg as I am not a huge fan but will still try and and some to my meals but not always the third of my plate. Thanks in advance

Hiya, I know people will disagree with this but never mind...
I too dislike lots of fruit and veg I try to have it as much as I can but if I don't want it I'm not going to force myself cos I know I'll get bored of the plan. Some days all I'll have is a banana and mushrooms and that's it. I'll also add that I'm 7 weeks in and just 3.5 lbs away from my 2 stone award. So it's working for me. I know I need to eat healthier but I've got to do what suits me and if I'm losing then I must be doing something right! :) x

SW don't say you have to have 1/3 superfree it's a recommendation, but most most people see better losses when they do have 1/3 superfree.

Have you thought about having either red or green days. What veggies and fruit do you like? Have you thought about blitzing veg up & mixing in with say chill, spag bol etc.

I "hide" a lot of veg in meals. For example, when I make tomato sauce (which I use on its own for pasta, but also as a base for curry, chilli, spag bol, stews etc), I put onion, celery, green pepper, carrots, chilies, garlic and sometimes a courgette in the food processor and just blitz it to mush. Then I add tinned toms, passata, tomato puree and herbs. The end result is a lovely thick sauce with a lot of "depth", but I can't really taste the individual veg.

I never ate fruit of veg,until mid may when i started SW....i still dont like most,veg but as above hide it in stews or use frylight to fry mushrooms onions peppers and tomatoes which i have as a base for all my,meals with different herbs spices and meat,or fish

i am snacking on fresh fruit all the time now as seasonal soft fruits are so nice....but dont like frozen and will struggle soon as not a fan of apples pears oranges etc but i dont miss unhealthy snacks as i get the sugar hit i need from fruit these days....give it time your palate will reeducate itself amd undo all the damage you hav done with junk food over the years

I miss fruit if i go a day without any now...never in a million years thought id ever say that as in 50 years never ate fruit.....was a choc a holic but can take it or leave it now...its a rare treat not 6 bars a day and a huge family bag every evening

Agree with the person above - lychees are gorgeous, it's like having sweeties! Not cheap but then neither is an excess of junk :)

Agree with the person above - lychees are gorgeous, it's like having sweeties! Not cheap but then neither is an excess of junk :)

I agree with you when I started slimming world I said I couldn't afford it until I added iPhone much money I was spending on takeawaysZ, chocolate and crisps it easily covered the cost of slimming world!

Sent from my C1505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back