No going back!

Morning :)

Need lots and lots of water to make sure the flax doesn't bung you up, and agree that food is much more filling than shakes. I tried the shales a few times and was always starving an hour later!

Thankyou ladies, I did indeed have a good day and hope that you have, too.

Back home again this evening, and I know I shouldn't get on the scales at this time of day - but I just did, and I am back to 12-10, that's a very good feeling!

Kat1e, we are indeed two taureans together here in this house, there is almost a year between our ages, all but a day. I have no idea at all about astrology - are we not supposed to get on well? Because we do.... :)

And - hmmm - I will have to bear it in mind about the MiMs - these are a very new discovery for us, did not know about them until I found this board. My OH likes them very much. We haven't had any of them over the weekend.

No idea what is for supper this evening. I am thinking, smoked salmon with scrambled eggs, perhaps.

Am quite looking forward to WI on Tues morning now!

Well..it's been said that taureans can be a bit stubborn (moi?) - luckily my husband libran so we dont go head to head lol. :D

Haven't looked in for a couple of days - weighed myself on Tuesday and I am still at 12-10 - don't mind staying the same, am happy not to have gained despite horrendous cravings for peanut butter, I did give in and eat some I am sorry to say :break_diet:

Am still having protein shake for breakfast, despite resolving not to do this, oh well.... Today had egg salad for lunch, 2 hardboiled eggs plus mayo plus broccoli sprouts which I've been growing on the windowsill. In a dish, not actually on the windowsill of course... :giggle: Then a bit of home made low carb yogurt at about 4pm. And this evening some cod with prawns and some sort of sauce, from Iceland 4.8grams carb per half pack (I had about a third of a pack) plus some soya beans with butter on them. I do like these, 100grams is 4.8grams carb so my evening meal was about 10 grams, not too bad considering.

Today's total 18 grams carb.

I have realised that if I get to 12-8 then I will be out of the 'obese' category, so that's my current target. Surely I can lose 2lb....

Lol:)

I'd love a pair of those glasses would be less problematic than actually drinking !! Lol

Peanut butter doesn't seem to cause me problems. I use it to up my cals/carbs on days when I've eaten too little, and as an emergency snack. I'm sure you'll get those 2lbs off. Not being obese is my goal for the summer.

Not even going to try peanut butter... Sounds like another staller to me! Lol

Morning SW Girl :)

Stick with it and you can't fail to lose.....the woosh fairy will visit you very soon I'm sure....

Just make sure you have lots of water and greens and go careful on the mims and shakes, I'm always starving after a shake so don't use them now.

Plus eggs and bacon with sausages taste so much nicer!

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No MiMs for ages now - but still having the protein shakes. My husband likes them for breakfast, that's the problem, he just makes two portions together and there it is all ready for me. Not Atkins shakes, these are whey protein shakes which we get online in a huge tub, 1.8grams of carb per portion. Very nice actually, the Atkins ones taste very sickly sweet to me, these are much less sweet.

Am just a teensy bit fed up at the moment, have been waiting for a hospital admission - had been told 'we will get you in fast, this needs doing quickly, risk of infection etc etc etc, definitely within a month at the outside'. That was back in April, more than 5 weeks ago. And have just got a letter saying pre-op assessment at the end of June. June!!!! and after that there will be another wait for the surgery..... I've waited since before Christmas for this already.

Unfortunately last time my husband did the shopping he bought a tub of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia Frozen Yogurt which is my absolute all time favourite. And it is calling my name.......:sigh:

Hello swg. .. Must be awful waiting to get into hospital! Sounds so wrong that you have to wait when they said that it needed to be dealt with quickly! Yum to B&J tub of deliciousness! Did you succumb !? Xx

I did succumb - and it was lovely! I shall probably be sts tomorrow when I WI but I do not care, done is done. And I have stopped feeling sorry for myself and have cheered up. I shall regard the extra waiting time as an opportunity to lose a bit more weight.

Today, protein shake for breakfast again (oops), scotch egg plus pea shoots for lunch, dinner was watercress plus bits of roast chicken and crispy bacon. And a glass of wine.

Picking up on this diary again. We were away on the narrowboat with no net access - must do something about that, but that's another issue.

Right now I want to note down absolutely everything I am eating, because even though I am firmly in ketosis (strong purple) I am actually gaining weight.

Today, breakfast has been black coffee, plus half an avocado and a hardboiled egg. Two glasses of water as well.

Hi SW girl, good to see you back. Agree tracking important so you can really see what's happening:)

Hi Kat1e, thankyou - would really appreciate all help here. I cannot work out how I am gaining weight.

I have hospital admission coming up soon (hopefully) - no date yet, have pre-op on Weds next week and post-op followup 4 weeks after that, but still no date for the actual surgery. Am dreading hospital food, I will probably come home as big as a bus at this rate. Breakfast is toast or cereal, lunch is a hot meal, supper is always sandwiches.

Have not had MiMs for ages, have not had anything with artificial sweeteners for ages either, have not fallen off the diet wagon since the ice cream.

Lunch was cod in butter sauce, then my daily treat of a small cappuccino with cinnamon. (Cinnamon supposed to help with insulin resistance.)
Snack - 100ml of low carb homemade plain yogurt
Dinner - runner bean 'pasta' with pesto, crispy bacon, and little bit of grated pecorino cheese. Glass of red wine.

Total carbs today - 20 grams. And have had lots and lots of water.

Saturday - still firmly in ketosis, weight unchanged at 12-13.

B - avocado and hardboiled egg, black coffee.
L will be a small greek salad - feta, cucumber, tomato, couple of olives, cider vinegar and olive oil.
D will be sausages with buttered courgette 'noodles'

Total carbs ~ 15 grams

Feeling as if I am retaining water this morning, fingers are a bit fat. Have been making a point of drinking a glass of water first thing, one glass before and another after each meal, plus one more glass before going to bed. Plus more if I want it, which I usually do as I seem to be very thirsty at the moment. So that's 8 glasses of water minimum - 2 litres. Do I need more, I wonder?

Seem to be unexpectedly tired this last couple of weeks I've been gaining weight, and no idea why. Seem to have no energy, which isn't what I expect when in ketosis. After I eat anything, all I want to do is go to sleep. Most odd.

Last edited:
Feeling sleepy after eating is usually a response to an insulin surge and dip. I get the same thing, even on low carb. But you might want to get thyroid/blood sugar checked?

Being extra thirsty could also be related to the same issue...

Back