1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

No group near me

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by loopylou67, 6 March 2014 Social URL.

1. loopylou67

loopylou67 Member

Hi
    I belonged to slimming world about this time last year, lost about 1.5 stone (I never found the leader very inspirational unlike many I read about) but plateaued and left. The group has now closed. The nearest one is half an hours drive away and just doesn't fit into my life. I did used to like the rigidity (threat?) of a weekly weigh in. i think it kept me more on target.
    How easy is it to do sw without a group?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. amylou55

amylou55 Well-Known Member

Hi
    I've been doing slimming world from home for 2 weeks now (lost 10lb 1st week) so it can work if you follow it properly. I don't go to group because all the groups in my area are when I'm working, but give it a go. Depends how much you want it? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. lickthelid

lickthelid Lives here....

I do it from home using the online service (expensive but necessary to keep me on track as I hate to feel I'm wasting money) and have lost over 3.5st. When I tried to do it totally alone I floundered and rejoined the online. I agree it depends upon how much you want it. I see minimins as my 24 hour group. X

5. Berryred

Berryred Well-Known Member

I go to group but join a challenge on here too as it really helps keep me going.

I've been looking at possibly moving groups tbh as I get more support here, found good group but it's on a Thursday and I don't want to leav my Wednesday weighers group on here lol!

6. SallyVater

SallyVater Well-Known Member

I'm exactly the same. I cancelled my online subscription thinking I could go it alone and ended up piling the weight back on. :rolleyes:

7. miss.mooey

miss.mooey Well-Known Member

Ive been doin it myself with books i got on ebay and minimins and hav lost over 1st in 8weeks. It does work u just hav to have will power and self discipline.

minimins has helped so much tho as someone said its like group but when u need it not once a week :)

8. Opal_Lily

Opal_Lily Well-Known Member

I've been going it alone but as the others say, it depends on you.

For me, it really was about a lifestyle change (and the benefit of weight loss too). I really didn't enjoy the classes when I went before with my mum years ago and am quite busy during the week so it wasn't really for me.

I am realistic. I probably haven't lost weight as quickly as someone who has gone to class but then again, I do find it harder to lose weight now that I have less to lose.

I will never, ever fall off the wagon again. There will be times when I will not be 100% on-plan (happens fairly frequently) but as I said, it's a lifestyle change and I am straight back on it at the next meal or next day etc.

You will know what you're like and if you need a class to succeed. If it's just about the pressure of weighing rather than the class/social element, why don't you and a few friends commit one night a week, all throw in £3 and do your own weigh ins. At the end of the month, use the money to buy something slimmer-friendly and do your own raffle! xx

9. loopylou67

loopylou67 Member

Thanks for your comments