No group near me

Hi
I belonged to slimming world about this time last year, lost about 1.5 stone (I never found the leader very inspirational unlike many I read about) but plateaued and left. The group has now closed. The nearest one is half an hours drive away and just doesn't fit into my life. I did used to like the rigidity (threat?) of a weekly weigh in. i think it kept me more on target.
How easy is it to do sw without a group?

Hi I belonged to slimming world about this time last year, lost about 1.5 stone (I never found the leader very inspirational unlike many I read about) but plateaued and left. The group has now closed. The nearest one is half an hours drive away and just doesn't fit into my life. I did used to like the rigidity (threat?) of a weekly weigh in. i think it kept me more on target. How easy is it to do sw without a group?

Hi
I've been doing slimming world from home for 2 weeks now (lost 10lb 1st week) so it can work if you follow it properly. I don't go to group because all the groups in my area are when I'm working, but give it a go. Depends how much you want it? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I do it from home using the online service (expensive but necessary to keep me on track as I hate to feel I'm wasting money) and have lost over 3.5st. When I tried to do it totally alone I floundered and rejoined the online. I agree it depends upon how much you want it. I see minimins as my 24 hour group. X

I go to group but join a challenge on here too as it really helps keep me going.

I've been looking at possibly moving groups tbh as I get more support here, found good group but it's on a Thursday and I don't want to leav my Wednesday weighers group on here lol!

I do it from home using the online service (expensive but necessary to keep me on track as I hate to feel I'm wasting money) and have lost over 3.5st. When I tried to do it totally alone I floundered and rejoined the online. I agree it depends upon how much you want it. I see minimins as my 24 hour group. X

I'm exactly the same. I cancelled my online subscription thinking I could go it alone and ended up piling the weight back on. :rolleyes:

Ive been doin it myself with books i got on ebay and minimins and hav lost over 1st in 8weeks. It does work u just hav to have will power and self discipline.

minimins has helped so much tho as someone said its like group but when u need it not once a week :)

I've been going it alone but as the others say, it depends on you.

For me, it really was about a lifestyle change (and the benefit of weight loss too). I really didn't enjoy the classes when I went before with my mum years ago and am quite busy during the week so it wasn't really for me.

I am realistic. I probably haven't lost weight as quickly as someone who has gone to class but then again, I do find it harder to lose weight now that I have less to lose.

I will never, ever fall off the wagon again. There will be times when I will not be 100% on-plan (happens fairly frequently) but as I said, it's a lifestyle change and I am straight back on it at the next meal or next day etc.

You will know what you're like and if you need a class to succeed. If it's just about the pressure of weighing rather than the class/social element, why don't you and a few friends commit one night a week, all throw in £3 and do your own weigh ins. At the end of the month, use the money to buy something slimmer-friendly and do your own raffle! xx

Back