No HEX A - what to do?

mrs.w

I've got the most terrible cold at the moment and I just can't face milk or cheese... I am however eating a lot of lockets, soothers etc as they're the only thing that's stopping me choking to death :p.

Is it too much to hope that I can sort of count 6 sysn towards them in lieu of my HEXA? Also, it's been a while since I followed SW and I can't afford to join a group until after Christmas so is it still just milk and cheese as A choices?

thank you x

mrs.w said:
I've got the most terrible cold at the moment and I just can't face milk or cheese... I am however eating a lot of lockets, soothers etc as they're the only thing that's stopping me choking to death :p.

Is it too much to hope that I can sort of count 6 sysn towards them in lieu of my HEXA? Also, it's been a while since I followed SW and I can't afford to join a group until after Christmas so is it still just milk and cheese as A choices?

thank you x

It is just milk and cheese as your HeA yes. It's important you try to have them as calcium is proven to have a positive impact on weightloss, which is why on greens and original you can have 1 OR 2 heA :) hope you feel better soon x

If you can't face the milk or cheese just don't worry about it. You'll probably only feel like this for a day or three so it's not going to be too bad - just try not to comfort eat too much.

As welshtigger says, the HEa is meant for the calcium factor so you can't simply 'lose' 6 of your general syns in place of milk/cheese.

Can you stomach yoghurt perhaps? You can't use them as HEa either but at least you'd be having a bit of calcium.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you - it was just wishful thinking on the syns front! I'm sure this will only last for a few days so I'll be back on track then. Not comfort eating really as I can't taste much , just necking the cough sweets!! :eek:

If I'm going out for a meal I don't have my hextras (approx 12 syns ) so it gives me a little extra syns but I do make sure I have plenty of yogurts that day and lots of leafy greens for fibre and calcium

I know we're not strictly meant to do this but healthy extras are for fibre and calcium so I
As long as I compensate for not using them can't see the problem .... It's not affected my losses yet and I'm 5 lb off goal

Strepsils are 1 syn each or 0.5 for the sugar free ones
Lemsips I think are 1 syns each too

If I'm going out for a meal I don't have my hextras (approx 12 syns ) so it gives me a little extra syns but I do make sure I have plenty of yogurts that day and lots of leafy greens for fibre and calcium

I know we're not strictly meant to do this but healthy extras are for fibre and calcium so I
As long as I compensate for not using them can't see the problem .... It's not affected my losses yet and I'm 5 lb off goal

Strepsils are 1 syn each or 0.5 for the sugar free ones
Lemsips I think are 1 syns each too

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/192112-common-sw-misconceptions-put-right.html

Slimming World does have a set criteria in relation to use of Hex A/B and of course this is because the calories and calcium/fibre are measured to ensure you have the nutrients you need to aid your weight loss without consuming too many calories.

However, I am not ashamed to say that when I did the sw plan last time, I did have a Tesco wholemeal pitta (not on Hex B list) quite often and counted it as a Hex B and still lost weight every week. Now that pittas are not allowed at all, will I count them as a hex b still? Yes probably. Have I ever not had a Hex A/B but swapped it for syns? Yes I have on the odd occasion and I did still lose weight.

Of course, it goes against all the rules but for me it kept me on plan rather than going off the rails completely and in fact I still lost 2-3lbs a week without fail. If you can't face your Hex A, swap it for the syns if you want to. Yes you are going against the plan but it is better than feeling demotivated and coming off plan altogether.

Back