No looking back

Hi all,

Today is day 1 of my return to Cambridge Diet. I did it a couple of years ago and lost just over 4 stone, but 2 of them have gone back on as a result of various things - mainly me eating too much and reducing exercise due to increasing work load.

So am really pleased to be back at it. Hopefully this time I will try to deal with my reliance on food as a way of self-medicating through stress.

Katy
xx

Good luck ! I too am in same boat

Well done... I've started the Cambridge today! Found it hard, I was craving chocolate but didn't indulge in the treat. Finding it hard after just one day. Not fair that I have to prepare the family meals but sit and drink a shake instead after slaving away... Lol

Hi, I've just start ss today. I've got a lot of weight to lose, but I'm focusing on the end result and I've got my sights set on next summer, and if I stick to plan I should be at goal by June. How are you doing? The first week is the worst, just have to keep yourself busy and keep your goal in mind. Good luck x

Hi Katy,

I have one question regarding making a break in CD. Today is my day 9 SS and for Christmas I am going home and I don't think I have so much will to maintain on soups and shakes. Neither I nor my consultant is delighted with this (but hey, lets not lie to ourselves :)) and she scared me pretty much about gaining my weight back. What are your experiences with break for maybe one week? How does the body react? I am afraid that all my effort and money will be for nothing but on the other hand its difficult to explain my parents that I am on diet at Christmas and I don't want to ruin holidays with my bad hungry mood :D

I appreciate any info about possible outcome of my break :) Thanks!

Hello everyone!

Day 3 is going OK...I am drinking tons and tons of fizzy water and herbal teas and so far haven't been TOO hungry. I keep on thinking about what it will be like to be back at my target weight...I am really looking forward to it. Luckily for me I don't have a family to feed - it is just me. I think it would be very very hard to do this diet if I had to cook for other people. As it is a group of people from my University course are talking of going out for a Christmas meal on Wednesday, so I will have to think of a reason why I am not eating! I tend not to tell people that I am doing Cambridge Diet, as I have found people have all sorts of misconceptions about it, and about what they perceive to be 'fad' diets - and I simply can't be bothered to argue with them. I know it works for me, so they can all just sod off.

I did think it would be harder than this though - as I am starting with Sole Source, and I started on Step 2 last time, so have never done SS. Actually, I have started on SS+, but you know what I mean. Its not too bad really. I have no idea how long it will take to get into ketosis though - anyone got any ideas?

Dannyjela - I found that if I had just a one day break and ate moderately, then I would put on some weight but not everything that I had lost so far. But you have to be really clear with yourself that it is just a one day break, and that you get right back on it the following day! It is really easy to end up drifting back, if you are not really strict with yourself. But, you know, it is Christmas - and you have to have a life as well as a diet plan. I don't know how much you have lost so far, but even if you put it all back on (doubtful), you KNOW that you can get it off again, and if you hadn't been on the diet you would have put that weight on on top of what you used to be (does that make sense). So I say, if it would make you miserable - or the day awkward with family - for you to stick to CWP, then just for that one day its OK to have a bit of food - but be sensible...probably not good to eat a MASSIVE xmas dinner and have tons of mince pies, chocolate, cake and alcohol (which is what I would do given the chance!!) I have it easy this Xmas as I am on my own. So even though it is not festive at all - I will be sticking to the diet and not indulging. But had I been with family I would have relaxed a little on Xmas day.

Sorry, I don't half waffle when given the chance!

Time for some Oriental Chilli soup I think...

Katy
xx

Hey, thanks for the answer and advice :)

I lost cca 8.8 lbs (4 kg) in first week (I started 147.7 lbs) and Christmas is in two weeks so I hope I will loose some more..
I have to admit that although I am concerned if my effort and money would be for nothing, I am also looking forward :p I think I want Christmass with my family and not Christmas with CD. We will see what the outcome will be, I will let u know :))

I am from Slovakia, so, good night :))

Hurumph...all i can think of at the moment is food...determined not to give in this early though...

Doing better today...3 days till weigh in...getting nervous...i will be gutted if i don't lose.

Feeling quite sad and lonely today...normally this would be a cue to get a tasty snack...not really sure how to cope with the depression without food...and because i can't find comfort in food at the moment i am feeling even sadder. I guess this is what i was talking about when i said i had to deal with the reason behind my overeating...but now that i am here i don't know what to do...

Urgh...got a cold and now feeling rubbish. But pleased with self as stuck to cwp despite that. One day left till weigh in. I definitely feel as though i have lost weight!

One day to go...but am beginning to question the decision to start this before Xmas...have had to miss out on 2 Xmas meals and a Xmas night out with friends already.

KT
X

Yep...this hard. Really hard. Feeling totally sh*t and needing food. Quite grumpy too.

Hi Hun just want to say you are not alone!! I'm on day 4 and finding it hard but getting there I'm happy to buddy up with you if that helps.think of that weight loss :) and gl on your weigh in xx

Hi Sarah, buddying sounds a great idea.

All became worth it when i weighed in today...12 lbs off!!!!!

Won't get anything like that next week...i will be surprised to even get 1 off, but its a great incentive to keep going!!

KT

Can't believe i forgot to eat at lunch time today! Weird...

Everything ok today so far...just off into town for some Christmas shopping. Wish this cold would go away though...

Hungry...

Chuffed with self...was given a mince pie and a Christmas cookie today and they have gone straight in the freezer for when the diet is over.

I caved in...ate the cookie and the mini mince pie...they were abso-bloody-lutely fantastic. But i feel bad now for doing it.

Went for a run this morning to try to make up for it...turns out its quite hard to run when doing sole source...am bloody knackered now...

Back