No loss so far this week

kikuka

Tequila makes miaow happy
Hi everyone

I have not been about much the last few days as I have been working late, but I weighed in this morning and found I have not lost anything this week so far. (my official weigh in is mon)

Is this normal? I am pink on the sticks every day, but not too pink, and have been pretty good with the water.

I did have some salad leaves on wed as I had to go out with some collegues and couldnt avoid it really - but nothing carby and have been SS for the rest of the week. I am not sure about inches - I was not measured so no idea.

If I am in ketosis, which I think I am (sticks and not hungry) I must be burning fat - is that right?

Any advice would be really welcome - thanks:wave_cry::wave_cry:

If you are in ketosis, then you will lose. If you are sticking to the plan 100%, then the maths states that even laying in bed all day every day you would have to lose weight as the body needs more than 500 calories just to stay alive. You cannot fail.

The best thing on this diet is to stay away from any scales other than the ones that you weigh in on each week. The reason - exactly what has happened to you!! All scales weigh differently to a lesser or greater amount, and they can mislead you. If the scales do not show a loss, or show a smaller loss than you are expecting, then you start to question whether you are losing or not.

There are a number of factors that affect your weight too - time of day, amount of water, etc etc. We all fluctuate up and down during the day. That's why it is best to try to keep your routine quite regular, weigh in on the same day at the same time, drink your water in the same way, stop drinking approximately the same time before weigh in, always go for a pee before etc etc - it all helps to keep the "parameters" the same and so provides a more accurate record of your progress.

Trust the diet, stick to it, and you will lose - trust me.

Hee hee I remember my WW days about three years ago, desperately trying to wee and the other before weigh in and wearing lighter and lighter clothes, I even started taking jewellery off and I'm not a chav, so wouldn't even weigh a thing hee hee. I stopped losing and stayed the same for about six weeks before giving in.

I can't add anything, but all the advise is sound.

Our bodies are mysterious things and rarely behave as we want them to, so please don't panic!

Kikuka, I Just wanted to add to what the others have already said. I'm on CD SS and I haven't had any real food for 20 weeks. At one point, I had 2 WIs and lost a half pound in a fortnight....I was devastated. However, these diets work in mysterious ways and I lost 9.5 lbs on the third week. You are definitely losing...don't let the scales make you crazy!

Thanks everyone - i feel far more together about it today - posting on here really helps get rid of that doubting voice in your head.

Three cheers for minimins!

Back