NO LOSS ):

Mally

I really do not know whether or not it is normal not to have a loss at all throughout the course of a week on TS. In fact this week I have been doing a lot more physical activity, so was expecting something a little more than NOTHING! Is this normal? I have been 100% from day one, so there is absolutely no doubting the foods I have been eating. Any help would be much appreciated? :help2:

Thank you.

Its perfectly normal. It could be several things. You might see it coming off at the end of the week or it could be one of those horrible weeks we all get when you lose nothing or maybe just 1lb

its really hard but hang in there - its nothing at all to worry about x

Mally said:
I really do not know whether or not it is normal not to have a loss at all throughout the course of a week on TS. In fact this week I have been doing a lot more physical activity, so was expecting something a little more than NOTHING! Is this normal? I have been 100% from day one, so there is absolutely no doubting the foods I have been eating. Any help would be much appreciated? :help2:

Thank you.

And me, it happens but just carry on - it all works out in the end.
The RMR. Resting metabolic rate slows down as your body slows down for what it thinks is starvation. It will all balance out, keep calm and carry on. Check water intake, bowels and your scales but just carry on. It's really demoralising I agree. But it will work, try not to get too down about it.

GSQ.

Yep happens all the time to me ~ in fact, sometimes my scales go up! You have to lose weight on this diet, it isn't physically possible not to. Just carry on and everything will even out in the end:D x

Yeah I would make sure your drinking plenty. Next week you'll have a massive loss. Just keep going hun

THANK GOODNESS for that! Pheww. Not only did I not lose anything, I used ketostix and it tested just above the first colour which made me think I was out of ketosis (which would have made absolutely no sense whatsoever). However I have read that when you have drunk a very large amount of water, ones urine is so diluted the ketones can go undetected (and I had drunk close to 5 litres of water yesterday). Spyro2008 believe me I am drinking an inordinate amount of water each and every day, so my water intake is tip top. I do hope you are right about a good loss next week. :)

Thank you all for reassuring me, it has made me feel better knowing I am not the only one who has suffered a week of no result. I am absolutely determined to stick with this, it wasn't nice to see the same number on the scale, but as you rightly said it is IMPOSSIBLE for one to not lose weight on this type of plan. xx

"Ketones are released whenever the body makes the transition from burning glucose for fuel to burning fat. They are a byproduct of the process and eliminated through urine. The most reliable way to determine if you are in ketosis is to use ketone test strips. These strips measure the amount of ketones that are present in the urine. Keep in mind that the amount of water you drink can affect the results of the test. If your urine becomes diluted, fewer ketones will be present, and the test may not give a positive result, even if you are in ketosis."

Does that therefore mean I will be excreting less ketones if I drink a lot of water thus reducing the amount of weight I lose?

Last edited:
Hi Mally, as everyone has said, just keep going and you will see results. On the water front though it does say to drink 2.5 to 3 ltrs a day so you might be drinking too much.

It's not the ketones that determine weight loss though. The only way drinking too much water would impact your losses would be if you were retaining water Don't over analyse the whole ketones level thing. You'll end up a basket case

Bottom line is. Stick to the plan,drink plenty water and you'll lose weight. You also need to just accept some weeks you'll get crappy results. I don't think any of us on this have avoided a sts or 1lb week. It's totally normal

Yep absolutely normal. Was 100% all week and had a STS in week 2 :cry:. Not nice but it happens. Looking forward to next WI :D. Stick with the plan and it will work for you!!

Soon2bslimmer x

Hiya Mally, just wanted to come and spur you on and repeat what others are saying- staying the same some weeks is normal. Your body will naturally want to resist losing weight. Some lose it more easily than others so try not to compare your weight loss with those who are losing loads and loads. From what I remember you don't have loads to lose anyway- a lot of people on here weigh much more than you and the more you have to lose, the more your weekly losses will be. Stick with it, don't give up! I think it's safe to say that everyone, if they stick to the diet, will eventually reach their goal. You are really motivated and really want this!
Regarding your ketones- the more water you drink the more your ketones will be diluted and this is indicated on the strip. The ketones are still coming out! Have you noticed that if you do a ketostick first thing after you wake up, it's darker than during the day? It's because you're dehydrated from all that time you've been asleep and not drinking water. The ketones aren't diluted. This is also normal. However my advice would be to chuck away the ketostix- they're just another thing to obsess about, worry about and more expense! (this advice comes from someone who in the past has become obsessed with ketostix, weighing numerous times a day etc... Don't let it take over or eating food becomes very difficult x )

Back