Extra Easy No loss :(

On days I am training, either 6-8 mile runs, or basketball training I can easily eat 1800 calories a day and still lose. It's not always about calories it is where your calories come from.

And an average woman should eat 2000 calories a day (to maintain their weight) so 1800 a day plus exercise isn't really a crazy amount.

But I guess if someone is eating 1800 and not losing weight then that is a different story and maybe needs to be looked at. I guess it depends on the exercise.....60 mins walking burns 200? If I run at gym...very rare but 60mins running often adds up to over 800 calories burnt.

But I think counting calories is a bad idea on SW! It is about knowing your body. For example when I exercise I get hungry and always opt for free food before syn food. I usually feel extra hungry during my time of the month and snack on superfree foods. But sometimes your body needs more than sf foods. So I always opt for free rather than syn free.

Plus I try and control my portions. I have a HUGE appetite even since I've lost the weight. I could easily eat a huge portion of pasta, so I make sure I weigh my portion sizes. It still fills me up but is maybe half of what I could eat if I never weighed it.

Good for you :)
You sound like you are doing everything right...

This may also be a gender thing though. Men tend to prefer to know this type of thing & are often far more logical in their thinking - they are
More likely to think in calories in/calories out terms so calorie counting is more useful to them.

Us men with our large logical brains!!

I agree again, with the correlation with calorie counting and calorie restricting and the psychological impact it has.

gazter said:
Us men with our large logical brains!!

I agree again, with the correlation with calorie counting and calorie restricting and the psychological impact it has.

Hey, I never said it was a bad thing! Give me logic any day :)

Back